Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Subaru 2.5GT Dyno Charts NOW UP! PG5 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/246084-subaru-2-5gt-dyno-charts-now-up-pg5.html)

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-06-2006 11:23 AM

Subaru 2.5GT Dyno Charts NOW UP! PG5

My new car....

05 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT
2.5 ltr turbocharged boxer engine.
TMIC
250bhp/250btq (now at the wheels 228 ft/lb, 193 whp - on a VERY conservative dyno (lower numbers), STis dyno at 230whp on the same, I can take stock ones very easily now)
symetrical AWD
rear LSD, even torque distribution

Mods:
Rotora BBK
Crucial Shorty Catless DP
AEM Intake
ECUTeK (engine management) - DynoComp Tuned
Raised the boost

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...T/P8020209.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...T/P8020207.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...T/P8020199.jpg

and my gauge...(made out of a DVD case for the pod, hahaha. But you cant tell, can ya? Matches pretty nicely.)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...T/P8020210.jpg

It will be running stage 2 within the next couple months Once I reach around 350whp/tq i will be done. Should take to much, just money.

civicrice 02-06-2006 11:24 AM

those are nice, my brother got beat by one of those in his TL type-s. Little work makes them fast

DDragon7 02-06-2006 01:21 PM

Aw man the down side is that you got an auto, but hey, you got a really nice car there. :tup:

blouisgod 02-06-2006 01:27 PM

nice! my next car is a subie, they are super safe and fun to drive.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-06-2006 01:39 PM

Its an auto, but it is not any slower than the stick.

I have a 5spd auto, w/sport shift. Means I can down/upshift as many gears as I want (for the people who dont know) and there is no clutch. Both stick and auto run 14.2-.3 stock in the 1/4 mile.

Pedro Lopes 02-06-2006 01:40 PM

Nice car but how come you got an auto instead of manual.

simplicated1979 02-06-2006 02:10 PM

hmmmmm...in this case auto isn't that far off from manual. great buy sir.

joescivic02 02-06-2006 02:11 PM

why does everyone hate on auto? It just might be personal preference. Noi offense to anybody, but im tired of seeing people say booooooooo or gay and such immature words if somebody buys and auto. You never know what might be the case, the person can have one leg forgod sakes, or travels a lot in traffic. If he wanted stick, im sure he would have gotten a stick. People who make fun of others most likely can't drive stick..

joescivic02 02-06-2006 02:11 PM

and no ddgaon, im not talking about you man... lol

Cptn. Slow 02-06-2006 02:45 PM

^^^ driving a stick makes any car fun to drive. and that helps w/ civics. but w/ something like this GT we are talking about it really does not matter that much b/c it has some speed and is fun on its own.
Great buy I always liked the look of those

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-06-2006 03:12 PM

I do miss the clutch, but this car is the same as a stick. The rx-8 I beat 2 days ago thought so, hehe. From 0-90 I took him. We stopped at the next light and he said, "Damn, thats a fast car!"

And an auto is much better. You can hold titties with the free hand. Or play with a girl. My girl hated when I had a stick.

Plus other reasons for this car in an auto:

1)I have 2 kids (3, 5 y.o) so Im turning around to help them with stuff a lot. Or get them something, grab something that fell, etc.

2)I live in Phoenix, and there is constant stop and go. Auto is much better for that.

3)4 door car much better for family/clients.

4)I activated my Real Estate License (already made $120,000 in first 2 weeks, hahaha) and will be driving clients around, auto is bmore comfortable, especially for off road.

5)Sport Shift is the same as manual with no clutch and it shifts MUCH faster, without losing any boost (gains .5psi every shift). Plus the manual mode is not ANY faster than the auto, take my word for it. They are the EXACT same for acceleration. I have a torque converter, lsd, and much more beefy sh** for my tranny.

Thanks for the comments.

My intake will be here Thursday!!!!!! AEM, gains about 14ft/lb and 12hp.

Al Gore FTW 02-06-2006 03:15 PM

good choice. i drove one with the auto last week, it was pretty good. my 06 wrx should be here by saturday.

one question though..why did you get an intake? with subies it just makes them run rich unless you get it tuned. it will fall flat on its face as soon as you let your foot off the gas. exhaust/EM are the way to go. if you just got it for sound, you could just take the intake silencer out, which doesn't affect performance at all, yet it lets you hear the turbo spool up, and you can hear the factory BPV. the stock intake is supposed to be good up until you are in the 400+whp/24+ psi range.

Titleist71 02-06-2006 10:43 PM

welcome to the Suby family.

drew22mader 02-06-2006 11:07 PM

Nice man, almost could be considered a sleeper in a way.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-07-2006 10:50 AM

oh, its a sleeper. People think its a camry, haha.

Ive decided to sell the intake and buy a turbo inlet pipe instead. That should help out much more than the intake that will make me run lean and throw a MAF code.

And I already did the silencer removal about 3 weeks ago. It didnt make much of any difference in noise, except when lagging, its sounds crappy. You can hear the turbo slightly more, but Subaru tuned the exhaust way way too much on this car. But 3 cats/resonators/mufflers sure dont help, lol.

I still dont hear the factory BPV either. I may hold onto it until Im stage 2, than try it out with a custom tune.

legacyse 02-07-2006 11:25 AM

Great car man, i've been a subie fan since the 90 legacys. :)
Drove one (manual) and is pretty damn quiet during idle and the 2.5L revs smooth without much lag.
Suspension mod in the future? those springs are too soft from factory IMO, but they are comfortable... maybe some blistein and sti pinks? :)

drew22mader 02-07-2006 11:26 AM

I can see it now, you rev your engine at a kid and when the light turns green, you toast his ass. Daily Grocery getter smokin the locals with there $25,000 cars. lol

Pharoh 02-07-2006 11:36 AM

I'm not hating on Automatics but a stick is just more fun for me. My first car was a 1974 Camaro with a racing auto trans in it.

Nice car...the GT's always catch my eye when I'm out and about. :tup:

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-07-2006 11:49 AM

oh yeah, I would love the spec b suspension. I do love the ride compared to tokicos/goldlines ona civic. soooooooo much better.

But the bilsteins and pinks would be my suspension upgrades, as well as swaybars, strut bars, etc.

juzthewy 02-07-2006 12:17 PM

alright katie.. go work on those feet of urs lmao

nice wip btw it can b considered a sleeper

Al Gore FTW 02-07-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
oh, its a sleeper. People think its a camry, haha.

Ive decided to sell the intake and buy a turbo inlet pipe instead. That should help out much more than the intake that will make me run lean and throw a MAF code.

And I already did the silencer removal about 3 weeks ago. It didnt make much of any difference in noise, except when lagging, its sounds crappy. You can hear the turbo slightly more, but Subaru tuned the exhaust way way too much on this car. But 3 cats/resonators/mufflers sure dont help, lol.

I still dont hear the factory BPV either. I may hold onto it until Im stage 2, than try it out with a custom tune.

good call on the intake.

drew22mader 02-07-2006 12:47 PM

How much does the suspension upgrades run on those compared to the civic? I bet alot more.

Al Gore FTW 02-07-2006 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
How much does the suspension upgrades run on those compared to the civic? I bet alot more.

i'm not sure about the legacy, but with the wrx most stuff is about the same cost or pretty close, and there are a lot more options, even up to 5k for crazy rally shocks.

drew22mader 02-07-2006 03:26 PM

yea thats what i was thinking, seems like suspensions for other cars are always alot more.

dre2600 02-07-2006 03:38 PM

Gauges look almost like a Civic :)

Nice car, good luck on modding it, those new Legacys are sexy as hell

legacyse 02-07-2006 03:46 PM

i'm a subaru guy =D
subarus have a lot of choice for coilovers, and there are many good once.
actually they are not too expensive, for good quality coilovers they are around $1800- $2900 ex. AST,whiteline, blistein, cusco, zeals, ohlin
and of course there's the more expensive motons, ohlins, and dms (aviod if your not into racing and rebuilds but they are indeed excellent shocks).
oh and ohlin offer inverted fixed perch struts for the wrx, i wonder if they will bring that out for legacy.
After all that being said, all the subarus that i have driven are very well dampen factory spec wise. Unlike our civics... btw subaru factory struts are made by KYB.
2K1Civic17"Gabe - those twin muffler cost a million bux lol. anyways, so i guess your pairing up with the pinks and cusco sways? I would love a V lip but is so expensive lol.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 02-07-2006 04:20 PM

awesome choice.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-08-2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by dre2600
Gauges look almost like a Civic :)

Nice car, good luck on modding it, those new Legacys are sexy as hell

yeah, my friend with an 05 hooked upa nice deal on his Defi Gauges. They matched his stock gauges perfect, as well as the lgt/sti ones.

Originally Posted by legacyse
i'm a subaru guy =D
subarus have a lot of choice for coilovers, and there are many good once.
actually they are not too expensive, for good quality coilovers they are around $1800- $2900 ex. AST,whiteline, blistein, cusco, zeals, ohlin
and of course there's the more expensive motons, ohlins, and dms (aviod if your not into racing and rebuilds but they are indeed excellent shocks).
oh and ohlin offer inverted fixed perch struts for the wrx, i wonder if they will bring that out for legacy.
After all that being said, all the subarus that i have driven are very well dampen factory spec wise. Unlike our civics... btw subaru factory struts are made by KYB.
2K1Civic17"Gabe - those twin muffler cost a million bux lol. anyways, so i guess your pairing up with the pinks and cusco sways? I would love a V lip but is so expensive lol.

haha. Yeah, people are selling their used mufflers for like 800-900 bucks, haha. There is no way i would pay that much for a muffler. I would just get a TBE and get rid of a couple cats. uppipe has one too I believe. I havent ripped too much into this motor yet. Some guy said hed hook me up on a niiiiice custom job for a up/dp. So Im gonna check into that.

and yeah, those lips are also freakin expensive. But soooooo sexy.

The pinks seem to be the best way to go. Arent bilsteins and pinks on the LGT Spec B? Cusco has some nice priced swaybars. Im gonna have a lot of pink on my car, lol.

icedcoco 02-08-2006 11:17 AM

nice buy...and congrats on the real estate license :tup:

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-09-2006 06:46 PM

Thanks!

I decided to install the intake.

It doesnt lag at all when letting off the gas (but I have an auto, so no letting off to shift). You can actually hear the turbo now, a LOT more. The car is more responsive, much much less lag. It sounds very nice. You can hear the bypass valve pretty loud too. There was probably a 10hp/tq increase Id say. You can definately feel it MUCH more than the intake on a vic. hehe.

No CELs either like most people said. Nobody actually installs intakes on Subarus though, so most people are talking out of their as*.

Ill take pics when I find my camera. My GF (soon to be ex) doesnt like me taking pictures of my car, so no my camera is gone. She took it out of my car and I saw it in her purse 2 nights ago. Now she "cant find it?!?!?!"

biyatch!