Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   mods update (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/245393-mods-update.html)

bullet02ex 02-01-2006 05:42 PM

mods update

Today I had qa few things installed and I'm loving it.

1.Aem short ram intake
2.4-1 Stainless Steel Headers
3. Stainless Steel Test Pipe

SLO REX 02-01-2006 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by bullet02ex
Today I had qa few things installed and I'm loving it.

1.Aem short ram intake
2.4-1 Stainless Steel Headers
3. Stainless Steel Test Pipe

So you like losing horsepower?

bullet02ex 02-01-2006 06:00 PM

it feels like I gained some..... explain

diskreet 02-01-2006 06:08 PM

you pobably lost a few hp low end and maybe gained one or two.
D17 + I/H/E usually doesnt add any power, and if it does its minimal.

DUDEitsMATTx 02-01-2006 07:07 PM

are you all on drugs?? a full exhaust is like the best thing you can go to ur motor besides getting turbo or noz.. WOW dont lisen 2 them i/h/e adds hp not like 30 but it does or else no one on here or anyone would buy them.. wow

diskreet 02-01-2006 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
are you all on drugs?? a full exhaust is like the best thing you can go to ur motor besides getting turbo or noz.. WOW dont lisen 2 them i/h/e adds hp not like 30 but it does or else no one on here or anyone would buy them.. wow

:lol: someone needs to return back to reality.
gains are MINIMAL (which means insignificant in this case). On a 117 or 127 hp motor you are not getting anywhere fast without FI, serious weight loss, and/or nitrous.

boosted.es2 02-01-2006 07:21 PM

^^ agreed. about the new parts. good work. keep it up i got an intake and an exhaust too and im pretty happy. i feel faster lol

xkimsungminx 02-01-2006 08:51 PM

those mods for SURE make you lose low end HP, you'll probably gain 1 or 2 hp on mid to high end like someone said, but that's it. and there're plenty of people on this forum that'll tell you that. the only way you can get real horsepower is by getting a car that comes stock with much more hp than our civics. civics weren't meant for speed or hp. there's a reason why we get mileage up in the 30 mpg range.

SLO REX 02-01-2006 09:02 PM

Hey bro, you need to check yourself. People have dynoes to prove what diskreet and I have said. Sure they make it louder...well I guess if you think you are in Fast and Furious, then you are making TONS of HP with the sound, but you aren't in F&F so you are losing more HP than you are gaining.

Hawk 02-01-2006 09:14 PM

WOW dont lisen 2 them i/h/e adds hp not like 30 but it does or else no one on here or anyone would buy them.. wow

yes cause all the aftermarket parts companies want you to go faster, they don't just want your money.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 02-02-2006 11:06 AM

WHAT!? i added a muffler that gave me 100hp! you are all liars!

try adding stickers they add more hp almost 20 each sticker!

drew22mader 02-02-2006 11:15 AM

Are you on drugs? Must be a young kid with F&F still pumping through there veins:_doh: or just a n00b that hasn't got a clue. You are n00b making n00b statements. Try researching and looking at dyno charts, then you'll know that adding all that stuff is only really for sound and looks really. Only true way to make power is to Turbo.

bullet02ex 02-02-2006 08:22 PM

Well I don't have a lot of money so after this all I plan to do is add cam gears and a pulley kit. I'm not trying to be super fast, I just want my car to have some mods and to be something I enjoy.