Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   New honda owner as of last sunday... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/239629-new-honda-owner-last-sunday.html)

silcoupe 12-24-2005 07:40 PM

New honda owner as of last sunday...

and as of 3pm today I am no longer a proud owner of a new civic but a fukn pissed of owner of a possibly written off civic....lol...not even a full week have i owned my 03 civic lx coupe and it's gone...only thing I can do at this point is laugh and sit in pain with back and neck pains..but I will be back once ICBC pays me out..already found an 04 silver si coupe that im eyeing...
Fukn didn't even get any pictures...argh...

civicspeedster 12-24-2005 07:43 PM

that sucks big time man my heart goes out to ya but at least u get a newer civic

ragingSPAM 12-24-2005 07:49 PM

ouch...atleast u can get an upgrade

AggressiveAdam 12-26-2005 02:36 AM

welcome to the world of driving, shit happens.

Value your health, cars can be replaced.

silcoupe 12-26-2005 04:10 AM

^^oh I've been introduced to it a LONG time ago...

1st Car (eagle talon tsi): wrote it off after only 2 weeks.- my fault

2nd Car (eagle talon tsi awd): written off after being rear ended- not my fault

3rd Car (honda civic hb): someguy in a truck drove up onto my hood after going backwards on a small hill- not my fault

4th Car (nissan 240sx): got t-boned in an intersection after a guy ran a late yellow- insurance called it my fault
:1 week after getting it back from the shop, some bitch pulls out onto the road and side swipes me- insurance calls it 50/50 b/c she lied and the damage on both cars relates to both stories.

5th Car (03 civic coupe): write off? dunno yet...hit on the passenger side front end at about 70km/h in the intersection after some ass tried to make the red light..yeah a red light, who the f does that?..hopefully 100% his fault since I have a witness...

As you can tell I've had my expirience with accidents...

skratch_munkey 12-26-2005 04:52 AM

Whoa! you must pay alot for insurance.

TemjinX2 12-26-2005 05:10 AM

you must have one of those accident lawyers on speed dial...:rofl: :rofl:

R1Style 12-26-2005 08:37 AM

Damn man that sucks... insurance must be a bitch for you.

glassJAwzr 12-26-2005 09:19 AM

Sorry To Hear That Bro

silcoupe 12-26-2005 07:42 PM

insurance aint THAT bad... After my first write off I was paying around 3500cdn a year and that's when I was 16 and working at mcdicks, now that was hard...
On my 240sx I was paying $325/month...
I dunno how it is in the states but here in BC when u get new plates on a car you get a discount of 5% x years u been driving for the first year, then when u renew is when all ur previous premiums attach to that plate.. so with the new civic i was only paying $180/month..

TemjinX2- never had a lawyer, here in BC we have something called no-fault insurance meaning no matter whos fault it is, ICBC will pay to have the car fixed. We also have only 1 insurance company (ICBC), and if the accident is ur fault ur insurance goes up 40% and if it ain't ur fault ur car gets fixed for no charge. ..theres positives and negatives to not having private insurance companies..

TemjinX2 12-27-2005 03:12 AM

Thats good to hear. I'm paying $3300 a year US for my insurance. This is only with one ticket on my record. I'm planning on switching soon.

silcoupe 12-27-2005 03:30 AM

with only 1 ticket and no accidents? WOW
sounds very much like insurance in Toronto..

with tickets here, every type of ticket is worth a certain amount of points and ur only allowed I think 4 points a year, when u go over u gotta pay off every point after the 4 allowed before you reinsure ur car... I learned my lesson 2.5 years ago after having to pay over $800 for points one year..not 1 ticket since then..sucks too cuz u gotta pay the ticket amount + points...

TemjinX2 12-27-2005 05:16 AM

I have AAA insurance. There pretty strict, for example if you have three points in one year you lose the insurance. They consider my 2dr civic a sports car because its 2dr, its stupid. It would actually be cheaper to insure a sti because its 4dr. I'm male, under 25, driving one of the most stolen cars in the country = raped by insurance. Whoever said insuring a civic is cheap must be crazy.

When it comes to insurance, i think you canadians have it right. Universal government health insurance > private health insurance.

Al Gore FTW 12-27-2005 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I have AAA insurance. There pretty strict, for example if you have three points in one year you lose the insurance. They consider my 2dr civic a sports car because its 2dr, its stupid. It would actually be cheaper to insure a sti because its 4dr. I'm male, under 25, driving one of the most stolen cars in the country = raped by insurance. Whoever said insuring a civic is cheap must be crazy.

When it comes to insurance, i think you canadians have it right. Universal government health insurance > private health insurance.

insuring a civic is cheap, its 106 a month for me full coverage on the vic, dads tundra, and moms car. although i am on my parent's insurance, and they have perfect records.

TemjinX2 12-27-2005 10:25 AM

insurance and medicine are probably the two things americans over pay for.

silcoupe 12-27-2005 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
insurance and medicine are probably the two things americans over pay for.

medicine forsure, but thats why u buy it online from canada..lol
with insurance I think for some ppl its very expensive, where I've seen some ppl have 2-3 cars insured for around $100...<<u'll never see that in canada

CenZ 12-27-2005 03:51 PM

i got 3 cars on my insurance, 2002 Civic EX, 2005 Elantra GLS, 1996 Lincoln Town Car. i pay ~3500 a year. the vic and the elantra are full coverage and the town car is just liabilty. aka if you crash and its your fault, insurance will pay for the other persons car and laugh at you cause you gotta pay outta pocket for yours.