Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Wrecked... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/238047-wrecked.html)

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-14-2005 02:01 PM

Wrecked...

Wrecked my car last nite... Long story short.. Some lady ran out of gas. 3 cars stoped behind her. One moved last second which I was behind.. I hit the brakes slid on some ice.. tried to turn onto the grass.. the car kept sliding.. and slammed into a pick up. The pick up was perfect and my Civic was destroyed. Cops gave me a ticket because "Michigan's law is to give a ticket at an accident." Cops said it was my fault.. Not my fault some freak ran out of gas and didn't move their car off the road..

Damages: Both fenders, hood, both headlights, grill, front bumper.. everything in the front..

Plus my ticket 120$ or something, 2 points.. insurance 500$.. my dads lawyer frees ( for the ticket )

Before:
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7...25330013pv.jpg

After:
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/2...89330017hd.jpg

( I didn't have my rims on at the time and I had the stock front bumper because it's snowing here.. )

Canadian Si 12-14-2005 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear man !!

hotdogpilot 12-14-2005 02:40 PM

damn sorry man, that totally sucks

texascivic2k1 12-14-2005 02:57 PM

Sorry to hear about that.... Get some day pics of the car so we can see what the damage looks like. Any engine damage??? Good thing that you did have you other bumper off and the rims too. Keep us posted on what happens.

texascivic2k1

four twenty 12-14-2005 02:58 PM

sucks man, the law has some pretty newbie shit going on. and how can you run out of gas, sound like someone is irresponsible.

EScivic 12-14-2005 03:18 PM

Obviously the freaking cops have bias towards the modification on ur car and your age, my friend who drove a modified S2000 got rear ended by a Mercedes E class driven by an woman, the cops gave ticket to my friend for "careless driving" who was being hit instead.............WTF

DDragon7 12-14-2005 03:27 PM

Aw man that sucks, sorry to hear about that.

iamboo 12-14-2005 03:41 PM

sorry to hear about your accident.. been there a couple times myself.. hehe

there is one thing i wanna comment about your post...

how can you say it's not your fault? you hit the guy in front of you and it wasn't like the person just hit their brakes at the last minute right when they ran out of gas. they must have been coasting for a little bit. sorry bro but this one is on you. no matter how you play it out in court, the judge would tell you that since you rear ended the car in front of you, and given the road conditions, you probably had enough time to do something about it unless it was a one lane highway...

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-14-2005 03:43 PM

It really sucks.. Right now the car just got towed to the dealer. I'm gonna try to fight the ticket, it's ridiculous. I'll keep you guys updated. I'm not going to be able to get day time pictures.. to tell you the truth.. I really don't want to see it in the daytime.. it was bad enough in the dark.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-14-2005 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by iamboo
sorry to hear about your accident.. been there a couple times myself.. hehe

there is one thing i wanna comment about your post...

how can you say it's not your fault? you hit the guy in front of you and it wasn't like the person just hit their brakes at the last minute right when they ran out of gas. they must have been coasting for a little bit. sorry bro but this one is on you. no matter how you play it out in court, the judge would tell you that since you rear ended the car in front of you, and given the road conditions, you probably had enough time to do something about it unless it was a one lane highway...

I didn't hit the person that ran out of gas. People were stoping because of that person and the car infront of me turned out to save himself and then I hit the brakes and slid 20ft into the car that stoped in front.. I can't see through cars.. i didn't know what was ahead of me it. The car who ran out of gas was 3 cars ahead.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-14-2005 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
Sorry to hear about that.... Get some day pics of the car so we can see what the damage looks like. Any engine damage??? Good thing that you did have you other bumper off and the rims too. Keep us posted on what happens.

texascivic2k1

I think the coolant was leaking.. that's about it.. I didn't look under the hood. The hood poped up 2-3 inches.

texascivic2k1 12-14-2005 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mutha Fn FBM 85
I'm not going to be able to get day time pictures.. to tell you the truth.. I really don't want to see it in the daytime.. it was bad enough in the dark.

I understand.

texascivic2k1

drew22mader 12-14-2005 05:19 PM

Things is though, it's your fault no matter what. If someone is in front of you and you hit them, then they will get you for failure to control your vehicle, or failure to keep a safe distance. No matter how long the person was there or if people move out of the way and you hit them. It doesn't matter if a deer runs in front of your car and you hit it and run off the road. Its failure to control your vehicle. Life sucks and so does the law. Sometimes it doesn't seem right but they go by what the law states.

Sucks though man you had the accident. Maybe good will come out of this. I thoughy you had mentioned something about a lip kit. Maybe with insurance money you can afford a lip kit. I know you'll be able to get a CF hood out of it. Keep us updated.

isuzu5000 12-14-2005 05:23 PM

glad you're okay man....good luck with everything

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-14-2005 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Things is though, it's your fault no matter what. If someone is in front of you and you hit them, then they will get you for failure to control your vehicle, or failure to keep a safe distance. No matter how long the person was there or if people move out of the way and you hit them. It doesn't matter if a deer runs in front of your car and you hit it and run off the road. Its failure to control your vehicle. Life sucks and so does the law. Sometimes it doesn't seem right but they go by what the law states.

Sucks though man you had the accident. Maybe good will come out of this. I thoughy you had mentioned something about a lip kit. Maybe with insurance money you can afford a lip kit. I know you'll be able to get a CF hood out of it. Keep us updated.

The law sucks. It's not my fault but when it comes to them.. i'm wrong.. Whatever. No lip kit for me. My cars at the dealer and my insurance is gonna pay for it.

blouisgod 12-14-2005 07:39 PM

god damn that sucks. get it fixed!

iamboo 12-15-2005 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mutha Fn FBM 85
I didn't hit the person that ran out of gas. People were stoping because of that person and the car infront of me turned out to save himself and then I hit the brakes and slid 20ft into the car that stoped in front.. I can't see through cars.. i didn't know what was ahead of me it. The car who ran out of gas was 3 cars ahead.

Exactly... so since the people in front, including the car you hit, were apparently stopping to avoid the accident, you must have seen brake lights in front of you... Also, you said you slid 20ft into the car in front of you... the insurance company and police will look at that statement right there and tell you that you had plenty of space between the car you hit and yourself to avoid the accident... you might be able to get a police report on the conditions of the road to try and save your points but the insurance company is still going to hold you at fault because they have no one to go after to pay for the damages to your car. they can't sue the clouds for dumping snow on the road and the road will not fix your car....

jfan 12-15-2005 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by EScivic
Obviously the freaking cops have bias towards the modification on ur car and your age, my friend who drove a modified S2000 got rear ended by a Mercedes E class driven by an woman, the cops gave ticket to my friend for "careless driving" who was being hit instead.............WTF

Yet just another instance of prejudice and discrimination on the part of cops.

mugenman 12-15-2005 02:19 AM

damn bro i dont talk 2 u in like a week and u go and wreck your car.....for shame. but seriously that sucks and i know how it feels. glad to see your ok. if ya want i can sell u my tycs for realy cheap since ur gonna be in need of some headlights if ur insurance company doesnt total it out. just let me know.

White0nGold 12-15-2005 03:29 AM

thats sucks, i should have a somewhat idea of how u feel, i didnt wreck though, but i have crashed, did u air bags go on? OMG thats the totaly worst feeling ever if they did, and also i have almost crashed really bad by driver switching lanes at the last split second, so that sucks,

TemjinX2 12-15-2005 03:57 AM

come on guys, don't argue with the man. He's had enough crap for one night. Sorry for what happened. That bs that you got a ticket for it. I think it should be enough that your insurance is going to go up, they shouldn't add a ticket on top of that.

lxcivic2k1 12-15-2005 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
come on guys, don't argue with the man. He's had enough crap for one night. Sorry for what happened. That bs that you got a ticket for it. I think it should be enough that your insurance is going to go up, they shouldn't add a ticket on top of that.

Yeah, its hard enough losing your car that you put so much time into and the fact that ****ing popo add a ticket on top of it....the insurance is enough punishment. But cops will ALWAYS discriminate against "nicer" cars. I'm glad MO doesn't give tickets for accidents.....hence the name ACCIDENT!

Sucks man....just be happy your ok i guess. Nothing more you can do...the feeling SUCKS!

Logan3024 12-15-2005 10:01 AM

Dam, sorry to hear about this! :shake:

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-30-2005 09:58 AM

i'm getting my car back today! damage was about $5700.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-30-2005 12:43 PM

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/3...89330018cc.jpg

stocker then stock but at least i got it back. im glad i took eveyrthing off before winter began! finally im back in action.