Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   am i crazy? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/236916-am-i-crazy.html)

acjones21 12-03-2005 09:11 PM

am i crazy?

I'm thinking about giving up my 7th gen for a CRX. I'm addicted to lightweight cars, and the (handling) performance that you can extract from these (at relatively low prices) is awesome. I'm in GA so the ones in my area are rust free. I just don't know how a go-kart with race springs and huge sway bars is going to work out on my 20 minute commute....I'm also kinda worried about my MPG. I'm getting used to 35+

nick95673 12-03-2005 09:13 PM

buy a salvaged one and build it up in your back yard.

DaSilverCivic 12-03-2005 09:13 PM

i dnt think you are crazy . . . hey sell your 7th gen make money, and hook the crap out of the crx, make it fast, and bam, still have money in your pocket. i always think about getting rid of my car and getting and 98-99 hatch and hook the shiat out of it.

boricua_civic 12-03-2005 09:15 PM

I think is dumb...

Rufus 12-03-2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by boricua_civic
I think is dumb...

Apparently you feel grammar is dumb as well....

boricua_civic 12-03-2005 09:25 PM

maybe, but who cares...

dre2600 12-03-2005 09:46 PM

You'd be better of just finding a beat up CRX or even a frame/salvaged one and making it into a project car, assuming you can afford it, vs. selling the Civic. A beat up CRX/frame can probably be had for pretty cheap and you can just add bits as you can afford them. Project cars are fun and can be fast as hell, but time to time they have more than their share of maintenance req'd.

eye_see_you 12-03-2005 09:57 PM

all I have to say is a EG or EK hatch with a k20 swap.. pure hotness

acjones21 12-03-2005 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dre2600
You'd be better of just finding a beat up CRX or even a frame/salvaged one and making it into a project car, assuming you can afford it, vs. selling the Civic. A beat up CRX/frame can probably be had for pretty cheap and you can just add bits as you can afford them. Project cars are fun and can be fast as hell, but time to time they have more than their share of maintenance req'd.

yeah, that'd be fun, but I'm in med school so I was going to buy a working CRX, swap in a d16z6, do some suspension work and drive the piss out of it.

gearbox 12-03-2005 10:06 PM

you can get a cheap hatch and still keep the 7thgen. there are ways of dealing with insurance so that you don't pay alot for both. You can say one is rare driver or track car.

EM2typeflex 12-03-2005 10:17 PM

c'mon mane, crx's be going for 3 bills down here. you can definately affrod keep the vic and get a crx. Unless you just want to sell the vic, take the payments off your hands, go for it.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-04-2005 08:07 AM

Crx's are ugly.. Keep your 7th gen. Crx's are only going to get attention if :

1. Someone else wants the car.

2. Your exhaust is too loud.

3. If it looks like it was painted with rust.

acjones21 12-04-2005 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mutha Fn FBM 85
Crx's are ugly.. Keep your 7th gen. Crx's are only going to get attention if :

1. Someone else wants the car.

2. Your exhaust is too loud.

3. If it looks like it was painted with rust.

I don't care what people think of my car. I'd rather have a primer grey CRX that performed than a pink automatic civic with a body kit and wing.

DDragon7 12-04-2005 02:12 PM

^^Then again, I dont think anyone wants a pink civic, lol.

acidbaby 12-04-2005 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
you can get a cheap hatch and still keep the 7thgen. there are ways of dealing with insurance so that you don't pay alot for both. You can say one is rare driver or track car.

yeah my new 91 hatch was only 5$ more a month for full coverage:lol: :_beer:

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-04-2005 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by acjones21
I don't care what people think of my car. I'd rather have a primer grey CRX that performed than a pink automatic civic with a body kit and wing.

That's just a great way to add to the rust then.

CuRiOuSfIsH 12-04-2005 06:24 PM

it's not a dumb idea, but you'll probably give up a lot of civility, wont get the same MPG, and race springs are a bit too much for everyday driving (atleast in NYC or any major city). Hasport has a K24 CRX that they use for time attack and such.... maybe that can be your base for idea. Might be a good idea to have both cars though just incase you need something besides a track day like car.

White0nGold 12-04-2005 07:27 PM

i was exactly thinking that on my own too, but i mean once u start putting in work into ur 7thgen, its just to hard to stop n too hard to let go, imo, so im planning on just working for a couple of months and getting a hatch, or crx si, their onlike 3-4k,