Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Should I sell or not?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/236324-should-i-sell-not.html)

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 10:43 AM

Should I sell or not??

Well I have a choice to make. I can keep my car or get another civic. I am only goona go with this deal if I come out even, or ahead. What should I do, and how much you think I can get for my car. This is what I have.
2002 Civic LX Auto
54,000 miles
Mechanically: Perfect
Physical: Minor scratches, little dent on front of hood, and dent in rear where it got punched. pics of dents this afternoon
Kaminari Fasica Kit
17" ICW wheels
AEM short ram

a few pics:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../civic0014.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Civic0052.jpg

And here is the civic I would buy. It is from a friend, and he hardly never drives it.
MODS
01 Civic EX 5 speed
R34 Front, OEM sides, not sure about rear
Greddy EVO2
Invader CF hood
CF 18" wheels
Eibach Sportlines
Camber kit
New pillar gauges, a/f, volt, oil press, all cf
All Bazooka audio, sponsered, 2 subs, custom fiberglass inclosure, with liquid cooling
heres the only pic that he has of it right now so let me know what should I do.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yz713/ross.jpg

eye_see_you 11-28-2005 11:23 AM

sale.. get a manual to be happier I say this because I had my boosted and built up es2 civic that I got ride of for a rsx-s and I could never be happier just for the mear fact of its a k20 and secondly that its a 6 speed.

fiatdale 11-28-2005 11:28 AM

I would go for it, plus its ex, so you get a roof too

dirtySAMURAI 11-28-2005 11:34 AM

WOW a roof, too?!! i think you meant sunroof ;)

i would keep the civic unless the other one will be fully paid off when you buy it

AlienX 11-28-2005 11:59 AM

post more pics of that chick..
but like u said, unless u break even or gain then dont do it but its civic for civic. I would do it just for the 5spd

fiatdale 11-28-2005 12:01 PM

roof...short for sunroof... its used car dealer talk, get it from my father unfortunately.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 11-28-2005 12:12 PM

I'd keep your car. Your style was put into your car and his was put into his car. Auto or stick.. It's still slow. Why start off with a car that already has everything done? There's no fun in that. That's my opinion.

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 12:51 PM

alright wells heres the thing. i bought this car also from a friend, and he put all this stuff on the car I have now, except the wheels. well someone beat up the car badly. i bought it with 47,000 for $5500. i put another 2000 with the wheels, new paint job, body work etc. well i got 7500 in it. whatever money i get over that is profit. i know that new car is all done, but thats exactly how he bought it. he bought it for 14,000 a year ago. my dad paid for the first car, and he said if i wanna sell mines nad buy the other one, then i have to sell the black one and give him 500 dollars. So i need to come out ahead in this deal. idk i have to make a big choice here

HondaGuy12 11-28-2005 12:59 PM

post more pics of the car ur trading for.. we can tell you if its worth it..

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 01:11 PM

thats the hard part. he lives like 2 hours away from me right now. when i go back to my house for christmas i will be able to get more pics but i am at college right now. its all show. i mean, the best, most well known car club in la asked him to join, so its not ugly. the paint is starting to look old, and got a chip on the back bumber about the size of a baseball. other than that i thinks its all good. the guy took care of it also. garage kept. i know you cant go by this, but i went to kbb and looked the two cars up. mines right now in good condition SAYS its worth 10,055. his is in good condition is worth 8700. i am sure he cant be asking more than 11 or so right. i mean i dont think he can even get that much. what should i start off at asking??

zen_master 11-28-2005 01:19 PM

mm....maybe im the only one....but....i won't do it, personally.....especially that you're buying one that is older than your current car...

i would personally try to get 03+...pref. 04 or 05.....

as far for the mods.....well.....don't really like to say this, but.....seems like ur friend is inflating the car price for it.....hehe...not good..

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 01:22 PM

i got no money for a newer model lol, but the thing is am i only 18 and my dad already bought me 4 vehicles, and he said my civic is the last one till i am done college. not to mention he is paying for my school and apartment and everything so i cant complain. the guy never told me a price but i am sure that he will try to make money off the mods that he didnt even do. it wont be for sale till he sells his celica, then he willl try to sell it. i will try to get a quote from him on what he wants

armieo 11-28-2005 01:24 PM

her tats are huge

HonCivX02 11-28-2005 01:25 PM

thier both nice

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 01:33 PM

and i have no idea who she is lol

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 01:50 PM

do you guys think it would be better for me to part out or sell as is?? which way will i get the most money. i would think parting out

Mutha Fn FBM 85 11-28-2005 03:53 PM

Do yourself a favor and don't do it. It's not worth the hassle. You already fixed your car so keep doing stuff to the one you have.

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 06:26 PM

yah i was thinking about just keeping it, cuz i dont think i would be able to break even. yall thinks so??

rjngo 11-28-2005 06:34 PM

keep it man! ur car works fine...no problem right? as long as it runs or no problems then keep it!

Hayz 11-28-2005 06:37 PM

I would keep what you got why buy someones style make your own.....

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 06:48 PM

but the thing is its not my style. the kit, intake, exhaust was already on the car. i just changed the wheels, and i have no problem what so ever with my car, BUTi planned on putting my kit on that car, keep his wheels, take the drop off and put pro kit, and its got a manual and i love to drive manuals. i dont wanna sell mines, but this car is what i wanted. i know i know i should have gotten that from the start, but my civic just fell into my hands. i didnt plan on getting it.

MajinB 11-28-2005 06:51 PM

part out and sell the shit
EDIT: there are plenty of people who will take that stuff off of your hands

Hayz 11-28-2005 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
but the thing is its not my style. the kit, intake, exhaust was already on the car. i just changed the wheels, and i have no problem what so ever with my car, BUTi planned on putting my kit on that car, keep his wheels, take the drop off and put pro kit, and its got a manual and i love to drive manuals. i dont wanna sell mines, but this car is what i wanted. i know i know i should have gotten that from the start, but my civic just fell into my hands. i didnt plan on getting it.

do you just buy cars that have everything on them? I kind of like saying I pick out and put on everything on my car..... anyway part out what you got and get what you want...:shrug:

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hayz
do you just buy cars that have everything on them? I kind of like saying I pick out and put on everything on my car..... anyway part out what you got and get what you want...:shrug:

aw hell no....i always put everything i wanted on my last 3 trucks. i just got this ride from a friend. i didnt buy it cuz i wanted it already done, i bought it cuz i got the damn car for $5,500. it was dented really bad everywhere, so thats why i got it with stuff done. i just want this cuz its a 5 speed mainly. and i was suppose to paint mines silver anyways but just went back black. plus if i can make money, then why not do it

Hayz 11-28-2005 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
aw hell no....i always put everything i wanted on my last 3 trucks. i just got this ride from a friend. i didnt buy it cuz i wanted it already done, i bought it cuz i got the damn car for $5,500. it was dented really bad everywhere, so thats why i got it with stuff done. i just want this cuz its a 5 speed mainly. and i was suppose to paint mines silver anyways but just went back black. plus if i can make money, then why not do it

Sounds good as long as you profit :tup:
I wish I had got a 5 speed too

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 08:38 PM

yah man thats the main reason that i want to do the deal.......but i just wanna at LEAST come out even

MajinB 11-28-2005 08:39 PM

put it up in the F/S section. ill take a look...

dp_yz713 11-28-2005 08:40 PM

ight i will put all the parts i have and see what they got to say bout it