Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Drifting Civic in Snow!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/236206-drifting-civic-snow.html)

kelvin1262003 11-27-2005 12:36 AM

Drifting Civic in Snow!!!

Hey, I'm from Toronto and it snowed already, so i decided to take up drifting and try some stuff.

The only way I use rite now is useing the e-brake, is that bad for the car?

So I went drifitng tonight with a few buddies got into a small street with some snow, I didn't notice there was a patch of ice my back tires skidded on the ice and my car hit a curb at around 20 - 30Km, DOES THAT screw up Alignment?

I'm still a rookie at drifting, help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks...

Nameless 11-27-2005 12:40 AM

you are going to get flamed for this... just to warn you...

but i would get it checked... cuz it can really damage your car hitting a curb at almost any speed.. so my advice to you, dont drift a civic cuz its stupid and dangerous... unless you are in a big open parking lot with lots of fresh snow...

Hurts2bStock 11-27-2005 12:42 AM

awsome first post....your gonna make lots of new friends :tup:

SLO REX 11-27-2005 12:44 AM

Get'em Hurts!!!!11!! Wow you my friend (not really my friend) are a loser.

def01tones 11-27-2005 12:56 AM

hahahaha!!!!

lklelnlnlyl 11-27-2005 01:05 AM

hey don't stress it man. I've drifted my civic many times in the rain, never tried it in the snow though. You can't control the car in the snow that well with front wheel.... anywho, 20-30km..... if ur car doesn't wobble after that ur fine, but u'll have to replace the wheel bearin though "just change out the whole hub"

as for u ****s flamin on the poor guy, GET A ****IN LIFE. if u don't got the answer to his question just leave it at that.

kelvin1262003 11-27-2005 01:07 AM

My cars relativley new, its got like 2500 miles on it.
It donesn't wobble, so is it fine? Do i need to do anything?

Nameless 11-27-2005 01:13 AM

just check physically that everything is okay...

if you start to notice any weird noises in the area that you hit, then get a mechanic to check it out...

EclecticVISIONS 11-27-2005 01:29 AM

yea, that can't be good, and we all know we have show boated in bad weather just for shits and giggles... but we all learn from those stupid mistakes, like yours, and we DO NOT repeat them! And I'm not trying to be mean, I "drifted" my old chevy blazer on OLD tires, the tire came off the rim and I grinded at 30mph into a curb, that = totalled blazer. And what did I learn? Don't do that shit! ...aaaaaand, totalling your old Blazer gets you a NEW civic:-D

kelvin1262003 11-27-2005 01:48 AM

Nice mann, so I shoudln't drift my civic anymore? I also have a land Rover freelander, would that be better? I just Love drifting.

smk 11-27-2005 02:03 AM

I don't post much
But reading your post just makes me angry and I have to post something.

You sir, are dumb.

zen_master 11-27-2005 02:24 AM

lolz......

im doing that drifting too....but please, man....next time, find an empty parking lot.....

lmao...

_Viper_ 11-27-2005 02:33 AM

Drifting equals scrapping your car
I wonder if anyone remembers me plowing my civic in a 4 foot snowbank while drifting causing alot of dammage

prccivic 11-27-2005 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by kelvin1262003
Nice mann, so I shoudln't drift my civic anymore? I also have a land Rover freelander, would that be better? I just Love drifting.

whoa...wait..u have a freelander too?...u obviously make pretty good money...first off, only screw around with the civic in a wide open parking lot, will be easier to stay away from the curbs....secondly...DONT DRIFT IN THE FREELANDER!!!....u hit and thing sideways in that thing and it will be on its roof...to nice of a car to take a chance with

mugenman 11-27-2005 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by smk
I don't post much
But reading your post just makes me angry and I have to post something.

You sir, are dumb.

haha nice

dude dont drift ur civic its dumb i used 2 do it till i got stuck in a snow bank and had 2 have my friend pull me out. its just not worth it

kelvin1262003 11-27-2005 03:05 AM

Yea, I got stuck today too, i had 3 of my friends pushing me out took us mad long to get me out of that. = (

jhonsok 11-27-2005 03:12 AM

sigh..but its not really drifting..your just kinda sliding...no?
lol..relentless its fun, but i wouldnt in a civic. I dont even want to try it with my civic. Maybe if i had a sht winter beater..
Last winter, with my moms CR-V, at a turn, i went to a complete stop..turned the wheel a bit..and just floored it..now THAT was fun...
But if you really love drifting that much,maybe you should learn more about it. If you can, download "The Drift Bible" By Keichi Tsuchya(sorry if i spelled his name wrong...he is the DRIFT GOD) Its been said he can drift pretty much any FR car..and it teaches you lots of techniques of how to drift..on dry roads...hehehe..and buy yourself a cheap FR ! So yeah, educate yourself about it more, instead of monkey see monkey doing.

robbyduba 11-27-2005 08:06 AM

Why drift? I don't get it, you actually go through the turn slower than if you just drove through it properly (I'm not flaming just advising). If that's how you get your jollies though hit an open parking lot like everyone else said and keep my streets safe. If you really want to learn some cool cornering manouvers to smoke all of your drifting friends check out bob bondurant's racing school or skip barbour's. As far as your freelander your local lr dealership should have a wheels event every quater to show you how to have the most fun with it on the trails and in the mud.(I work for the one here) it is awesome.

puidokas 11-27-2005 08:43 AM

I slide my vic all the time and never had any problems. And if i did break something id fix it, THERE CIVICS!!!!!!!!!!!! there made for fun.

Just keep it in the empty parking lots.

puidokas 11-27-2005 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by varner88
lol civic are not made for fun they are made for econemy "spelling" actually..

yes that is true if i were 50. IMO civics are made for tuning and crusing(FUN)

kelvin1262003 11-27-2005 11:20 AM

Where can i find these sites for these tips on how to turn with more fun?

Black03civic 11-27-2005 11:26 AM

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: to drifting a fwd car

Black03civic 11-27-2005 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by lklelnlnlyl
hey don't stress it man. I've drifted my civic many times in the rain, never tried it in the snow though. You can't control the car in the snow that well with front wheel.... anywho, 20-30km..... if ur car doesn't wobble after that ur fine, but u'll have to replace the wheel bearin though "just change out the whole hub"

as for u ****s flamin on the poor guy, GET A ****IN LIFE. if u don't got the answer to his question just leave it at that.

whats with all the cornballs that have been comming on the site lately? This used to such a great place :flush:

Shifty 11-27-2005 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Black03civic
whats with all the cornballs that have been comming on the site lately? This used to such a great place :flush:

Amen to that, damn n00bs should be checkd!!!!

Shifty 11-27-2005 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by kelvin1262003
Where can i find these sites for these tips on how to turn with more fun?

:eek: :hithead: :_doh: you cant be serious

:thistop: , Mods please close this before this gusy hurts himself or worse others

zen_master 11-27-2005 12:31 PM

i "drift" my winter beater in an empty parking lot.........pull the e-brake.......hard left/right turn.........slide 360.....woohoo....pretty funny

but yeah, dude......doing what you did is pretty dumb.........esp. its ur new car...