Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Got T-Boned Today (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/233479-got-t-boned-today.html)

IceVic05 10-31-2005 05:06 PM

Got T-Boned Today

(cliff notes at the bottom)

So Im leaving school and I turn right off of school parking lot. I am going 25 mph and this chick inches out... looks right at me... and continues right into me... So I get out of the car and went straight to the back to make sure my subs were ok lol. They are fine... but I need a new 1) driver side door, 2) Rear Panel (between door and bumper), 3) new rear bumper, 4) new wheel (tire is magically ok)...
So I call the cops and then some lady that is trying to help the chick that hit me says "you should wait until the parents get here to call the cops" and so I said "lady I know that the only reason you want me to wait is because if I wait, then she has a chance to talk my mom into letting them just pay for it without having to goto court... Too bad, shes losing her license and I've already called the cop." .... So she tells the girl that I called the cops and she gets all pissed off. Then the cop shows up and during questioning she LIED to the cop saying that I was going 45 - 50 mph... ** now wait a second... I drive a 2005 honda civic ex... how the hell can I get to 45 mph in 300 - 400 feet??? ** anyway.. I inturrupt her and say, "I dont think so babe, I was goin 25mph... now if you can honestly tell me that you saw my speedometer(sp), then I will believe you " THE COP LAUGHED!!! he thought what I said was funny.
In the end, she got cited and has to pay for everything... and she loses her license for 3 months HAHA

Cliffs: I got TBoned, No one hurt, I need new Door, Bumper, Panel, Rim (driver's side), I B1tched out some lady, called the cops, chick that hit me lied, i corrected her, cop laughs, she is cited, i win... kinda...

sorry for the rant, jsut thought I'd let yall know... Pics Up ASAP

ramcosca 10-31-2005 05:29 PM

Bad to know you were hit.
Good to know cop was on your side.
Normally over here cops are always on the sides of the ladies, even if they hit us, like in your situation.
Damn, they think they ladie's men with those darn stupid uniforms. :screwy:

Ashhole 10-31-2005 05:41 PM

hehe good to see you got everything taken care of. my gf caused an acciedent, turned on the tears at the cop, and the cop made if the fault of the other guy SHE hit.

jhonsok 10-31-2005 06:13 PM

^^
HOLY CRAP ! LOL..lucky for your girlfriend..sorta..it doesnt really teach her a lesson, but hey, i guess you must've been happy for her..and she must've been relieved was offered a second chance.

damn man..at least justice was served and that girl has to pay for everything..and lose license for 3 months !

ramcosca 11-01-2005 09:19 AM

I still don't understand why her license was taken from her for three months? Is it like a law over there?

Tragedy 11-01-2005 09:42 AM

That makes me feel good inside. Carelss, drivers try to get away with everything, it is great when they get put in their place. I got t-boned too a long time ago, and the old lady tried to say that I was speeding too! haha. Liars suck. If I hit someones car, I would not have a problem admitting my mistake.

mugenman 11-01-2005 11:15 AM

that sucks man. glad ur ok

lxcivic2k1 11-01-2005 12:07 PM

Good that everyone is ok and that she is paying for everything, but why is her license being taken away?

I also had no problem admitting that it was my fault when i plowed into some chick :hithead: (still new to manual and not paying attention on really bad hill by school :hithead: :hithead: ) Good thing her car was such a POS that it was totaled easily and didn't get my insurance at all even though my car cost $1200.

Basicly liars suck! lol sry, had too

IceVic05 11-01-2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ramcosca
I still don't understand why her license was taken from her for three months? Is it like a law over there?

It hasnt been taken away yet. But the law here is that 1st accident is 3 months, 2nd accident is 6 months, and either 3rd or 4th is a year... this is only if you are cited for the whole thing.
If you are both cited its 3 weeks a piece assuming its each persons first time.

The way she reacted when i told her that i called the cops and that she would lose her license, she flipped out... like crazy pissed off flipped lol. So i would assume that she has been in an accident before.

My friend has been in 3 accidents. 2 involved other cars. 1 of those 2 he was cited for. The first accident was another car and the judge gave him 3 months. The second 1 he got brake checked and rear ended the guy that braked. He was NOT cited for it, so no loss. And his 3rd was the electric pole. He lost his license for 3 weeks becasue it was not a vehicle that he hit. So im just going off what happened with him...

SimonTek 11-01-2005 12:59 PM

Well with new drivers, if they get into an accident, they lose their license. Its a new law that took into effect in the past 7 years or so. I remember it, cause I was grandfathered out of it. Didn't apply to me, but it did my friends. lol. I got pulled over the other day, i thought i was getting a ticket, nope, the officer wanted to compliment on my driving. I drive fast, but still stick to the rules, like those turn signals, get this, I USE Them.

stl01civic 11-01-2005 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by SimonTek
Well with new drivers, if they get into an accident, they lose their license. Its a new law that took into effect in the past 7 years or so. I remember it, cause I was grandfathered out of it. Didn't apply to me, but it did my friends. lol. I got pulled over the other day, i thought i was getting a ticket, nope, the officer wanted to compliment on my driving. I drive fast, but still stick to the rules, like those turn signals, get this, I USE Them.

lol. so you were speeding and a cop pulled u over. gave u a compliment on ur driving and no ticket. what kinda law is that cop enforcing???

xX03EXx 11-01-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by SimonTek

:-bs:

"I drive fast, but I stick to the rules"

If you are speeding, guess what, you broke the rules. In fact, you broke the SINGLE, biggest, most ticketed rule of them all. Cops have better things to do than pull people over for doing the right thing. That is like an oxy moron. Why would they waste your time and theirs to compliment you? What if you had to get somewhere? You get penalized for doing the right thing?

jhonsok 11-01-2005 03:28 PM

^^
a cop pulled over my uncle here in ontario, he drives a turbo PT cruiser..we were going..140km in a 100km zone..
The cop asked my uncle "Nice car, do you always drive her like that?"
And my uncle replied.."I only open her up when theres no traffic out"
so..he didnt get a ticket..but a compliment !

SimonTek 11-01-2005 03:45 PM

i was doing less than 5mph over. its still speeding. but unlike a lot of the idiots down here, that do under the speed limit, and still can't drive. hell they don't even do drivers ed anymore. come to savannah, within a week, you will see what i mean.

ciVictoria 11-02-2005 07:16 AM

I hope everything works out for you.

Ashhole 11-02-2005 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by IceVic05
It hasnt been taken away yet. But the law here is that 1st accident is 3 months, 2nd accident is 6 months, and either 3rd or 4th is a year... this is only if you are cited for the whole thing.
If you are both cited its 3 weeks a piece assuming its each persons first time.

The way she reacted when i told her that i called the cops and that she would lose her license, she flipped out... like crazy pissed off flipped lol. So i would assume that she has been in an accident before.

My friend has been in 3 accidents. 2 involved other cars. 1 of those 2 he was cited for. The first accident was another car and the judge gave him 3 months. The second 1 he got brake checked and rear ended the guy that braked. He was NOT cited for it, so no loss. And his 3rd was the electric pole. He lost his license for 3 weeks becasue it was not a vehicle that he hit. So im just going off what happened with him...

never heard of anything like that. where are you from?

IceVic05 11-02-2005 08:41 AM

columbus ohio