Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Side note on clearing headlights (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/232632-side-note-clearing-headlights.html)

Ryan_G19 10-23-2005 11:07 PM

Side note on clearing headlights

are you guys running amber bulbs, or LEDs after clearing your headlights?

soltex 10-23-2005 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan_G19
are you guys running amber bulbs, or LEDs after clearing your headlights?

AMber bulbs are great. AUTOZONE sells it for 5.99+ TAX. I got them last weekend. They are nice:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

gearbox 10-23-2005 11:39 PM

LED is very dim and unsafe. I would use amber bulbs. Make sure and get some quality japan ones cause the others just get faded over time.

saugashan 10-24-2005 12:02 AM

go to honda dealer shit and buy the SiR 7440 ambers
PT NUMBER 33303-S2R-003

dont be like me,
painted stocck blub.. (fogged up whole headlight)
bought LED off ebay (not bright, can even see it if ur close to it)
then Sir bulbs,

and a huge hassle stickin ur arm through the fender like 10 times, and tryna lock it in in 5C weather

gearbox 10-24-2005 12:14 AM

haha yea both my fenders are cracked and broken from doing that

SimonTek 10-24-2005 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by gearbox
LED is very dim and unsafe. I would use amber bulbs. Make sure and get some quality japan ones cause the others just get faded over time.

The concept of an LED is to be bright as hell. Seems like an oxymoron. Curious, whats unsafe? do they fail?... That said. How is it unsafe compared to the rest of the US. No one in GA knows how to use them. (HUGE pet peeve is not using turn signals), The cops, no one but me uses them. lol. And a few intelligent people.

Xenin 10-24-2005 01:44 AM

wow, i actually take the top part of my bumper off to take off my headlights to change the bulbs.

soltex 10-25-2005 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Xenin
wow, i actually take the top part of my bumper off to take off my headlights to change the bulbs.

LOL, your whole bumper:rockon: :rockon:

Stick your hand below the fender

Xenin 10-25-2005 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by soltex
LOL, your whole bumper:rockon: :rockon:

Stick your hand below the fender

i said the top part, genius. thats 2 clips and 2 screws. not hard when i've taken my bumper off dozens of times.

Albo 10-25-2005 04:55 AM

Get some of these. Silver but flash amber.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...6&d=1122491801

dirtySAMURAI 10-25-2005 04:27 PM

^also dim.

LED < incandescent. the reason why OEM LEDs are so bright is because they actually have R&D behind the design. with the bulbs, they just don't put out enough light. you can see for yourself if you buy LED replacement lights for your turn signals. people will have a tendency to brake late when they are following you.

wwwguccic0m 10-26-2005 08:29 PM

i just picked up those chrome silver visions.

ill be clearing out my headlights sometime next week.

will post pics as soon as i get her done.

jer2k 10-26-2005 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by saugashan
go to honda dealer shit and buy the SiR 7440 ambers
PT NUMBER 33303-S2R-003

dont be like me,
painted stocck blub.. (fogged up whole headlight)
bought LED off ebay (not bright, can even see it if ur close to it)
then Sir bulbs,

and a huge hassle stickin ur arm through the fender like 10 times, and tryna lock it in in 5C weather

If you are in the USA it would be your Si bulbs...I have this set-up as well and its quite good cause they are OEM amber bulbs.

wwwguccic0m 10-26-2005 09:35 PM

nice one. thanks for the FYI.

dp_yz713 10-26-2005 09:38 PM

A buddy of mine painted his bubble amber,, and the lights never got fogged up, and still looks brand new. Anyway I just put some hyperwhites from Autozone.

diskreet 10-26-2005 10:04 PM

i kept mine stock so they are kinda white but more a dim amber/white. i asked a cop before and he said I am lucky "because you have those (very white headlights)". Because of how pure white my headlights are they contrast the oem turn signal enough that its really bright but not illegal.

and after replacing the rear tails to JDM style ones the rear turn signal is just as bright. when my turn signal is on i see people covering their eyes all the time in front and in back of me aahahahaha. take that jeep with your super bright turn signals. mine are brighter now!