Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   sportlines & Tokico's installed (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/232011-sportlines-tokicos-installed.html)

bluestreak 10-18-2005 09:30 AM

sportlines & Tokico's installed

What's up guys, Finially installed my suspension stuff this past weekend. I forgot my digital so no pics yet, but I love the look and ride. Best mod so far on the car. my stock shocks were sooo f'd up, the passenger front was blown and the drivers side bumpstop was ripped and torn to shit. I cut off the top and glued the rest of it, that was about the worst of it all. Besides the fact I couldn't find my key for the locking wheel lugs, so we had to jam a socket onto it and pull it off with a breaker bar. The next day I found the key for the wheel lock:_doh:

Anyways, will add pics soon, loving the lowered ride -:rockon:

bluestreak 10-18-2005 09:33 AM

BTW, i've got an 01 sedan currently got the factory wheels on until I get it alligned, I've got only one finger gap in the rears and just under two fingers in the front, does this seem low for sportlines? Seems more than 1.4"?
SPC camber kit works great also....what a difference, no angled tires

bluestreak 10-18-2005 10:50 AM

where is everyone on a Tuesday? I know mad people have springs, etc......

Strahl 10-18-2005 10:58 AM

No that sounds about right. I have the same exact setup on my 01. Got everything from TrueHonda. Anyway, I think the 1.4" decrease is in spring height and not settled height. Someone else may know for sure. But I can at least tell you that you're not the onlyone who's sportlines have settled with only about 2 fingers in wheel gap.

HondaGuy12 10-18-2005 11:23 AM

i have sportlines also.. they seem alil more then 1.4..

MIVtec 10-18-2005 11:25 AM

how do the front Tokicos ride compared to stock? do they take bumps pretty hard? or nice and smooth?

bluestreak 10-18-2005 11:49 AM

they ride nice, it's tough for me to tell though cause my front factory struts have been leaking oil and blown for a long time now, it's pretty smooth and i'm pretty happy with the look and performance.

mrDFWmechanic 10-18-2005 12:19 PM

lets see some pics then

bluestreak 10-18-2005 12:31 PM

yeh, i know about the pics, i only go online at work and I forgot my dig cam today,,, Wed i'll have pics up w/o my rims, just factory steelies & hubs

cubanmike26 10-18-2005 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by bluestreak
where is everyone on a Tuesday? I know mad people have springs, etc......

Uh...lol..working?

Same set up here: Sportlines, Tokicos & SPC. I think everyone tends to have that bit of a diference in the rear w/ sportlines. My car sags too, but not really too noticeable..
I've had this set up for about a year now and it still works great..

bluestreak 10-18-2005 03:11 PM

^ nice, glad it's a nice settup, i researched alot before I bought some and I'm glad I got what I got. I don't think "sagging" is really the right word, if you loook at like my friend's M3 he had, the front always has slightly more wheel gap to absorb bumps, etc. His rears were almost tucked from the factory, I think it's the correct look vs sagging.....I guess If I had coilovers, I would probably match the finger gap all around, but more gap in the front makes more sense with potholes, etc.