Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My window got smashed out last night (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/231568-my-window-got-smashed-out-last-night.html)

BlueHx 10-14-2005 06:28 AM

My window got smashed out last night

Well after work last night i went to the mall and got home around 6:45-7:00.
At about 8 my roomate came home telling me that i better go look at my car.

Sure enough my drivers side window had a huge hole in it, and there was glass everywhere inside the car and out. They fvckers didnt even take anything, my radar detector and cd's were right there. :shrug: I hope all car vandals get clamidia and die. :yell:

Sorry just i had to vent

02civic_rida 10-14-2005 07:26 AM

dayam bro, seems like more and more people are getting there cars vanleized.

Originally Posted by BlueHx

Sorry just i had to vent

its always good to vent! now find those theives and tie em up and tickle them with a razor blade :sweet:

sorry just a thought. again sorry to hear man

Tragedy 10-14-2005 07:30 AM

Im sorry to hear about that man. Do you have beef with anyone?

BlueHx 10-14-2005 07:49 AM

No beef that I know of, I just moved into a different apartment. No enemies that I can think of at least :shrug:

It just makes me so mad, I would rather have someone take a swing at me cause I can fight back. :tdown:

ZapThyCat 10-14-2005 08:44 AM

dang that sucks dude. :tdown:

BlueHx 10-14-2005 09:20 AM

Just got a qoute from the glass place-- $258+tax.

Has anybody every replaced door glass themselves?

blouisgod 10-14-2005 09:20 AM

damn haters

thefivespeeder 10-14-2005 09:57 AM

yea doesnt seem like they were after anything except to just break your window, unless they got scared real fast, because putting a hole in a window isnt really how you go about breaking in to a car

S2KREY 10-14-2005 10:39 AM

yeh that happed a few months ago. damm kids

Mutha Fn FBM 85 10-14-2005 10:53 AM

Wow! There has to have been 20 cars broken into this month... I need an alarm now... This is getting serious.. lol. Plus I work at a mall full of animals. Last month my car got keyed. From the headlight all the way to the middle of passanger door.. sucks it's pretty deep too. Haters...:hithead:

BlueHx 10-14-2005 11:55 AM

Yeah I guess I should be happy atleast that it wasnt worse and that nothing got stolen. It sucks that people have to be such assh0les, its definitly time for a two-way pager alarm.

I cant get a new window until monday either, all i know is i'll be watching my car this weekend with my paintball gun and i'm going to light those bitches up :evil:

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 12:08 PM

Yep, at least they didn't take anything...

you people should get alarms! before i even started spending money on mods, alarm was the first thing i got, why waste all that money, and not be able to secure it with an alarm? garage would be the next step after the alarm too. some don't have the luxury on having a garage, but an alarm would be a start.

hope you get your stuff straightened, just think of how much worse it could've been.

againifall 10-14-2005 04:51 PM

its pretty easy to replace the glass
take the inside cover off the door
take the plastic out (dont trash it you have to put it back)
the bottom of the window is held in by a big long clamp
undo the clamp (i think theres 4 bolts if i remember correctly.. two on each end)
remove the old glass and all the broken stuff from the bottom of the door so it dosent make noise
put in the new piece
tighten the clamp.. but not too much cuz you dont want to break the glass
roll the window up and down a few times to make sure you have it in there straight
tape the plastic back in
put the cover back on
enjoy

gh0st 10-14-2005 04:53 PM

happend to my dad's bimmer. hope it doesn't happen again. :tdown: to vandals and thieves

BlueHx 10-14-2005 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by againifall
its pretty easy to replace the glass
take the inside cover off the door
take the plastic out (dont trash it you have to put it back)
the bottom of the window is held in by a big long clamp
undo the clamp (i think theres 4 bolts if i remember correctly.. two on each end)
remove the old glass and all the broken stuff from the bottom of the door so it dosent make noise
put in the new piece
tighten the clamp.. but not too much cuz you dont want to break the glass
roll the window up and down a few times to make sure you have it in there straight
tape the plastic back in
put the cover back on
enjoy

I'm pretty sure i can handle this but does anybody know where to get just replacement glass?

againifall 10-14-2005 06:13 PM

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp

good people :tup:

select your car model, year and trim.. then either "front door window" or "rear door window" it also has a nice lil diagram of all the pieces..

o and a civic is a lil different than a bronco.. but well.. prettymuch the same thing.. hehe.. so you might have to alter my instructions a lil bit.. but well.. basicly the same thing..