Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Philippines Vendors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/230967-philippines-vendors.html)

smoothCIVIC 10-09-2005 05:36 PM

Philippines Vendors

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on getting some rims in the Philippines. I was wondering if anyone knows any vendors in the Philippines or a website?

Thanks for your help.

TeLLy 10-09-2005 05:47 PM

Many of my friends have gone home to buy Rotas, apparently you can get in touch with them directly for such stuff.

www.rotawheels.com

pinoyjdmr 10-09-2005 05:47 PM

what type of rims are you looking for SSR, ROTAS, WORKS etc
roatwheels.com

MYK1013 10-09-2005 06:11 PM

Are you planning on going there and getting the rims, or ordering it and having it shipped to you??

smoothCIVIC 10-09-2005 06:28 PM

Thank you all for the site, it was very helpful. I'm planning on getting the Rota PR45F. My girl is actually going to the phillipines, and shes gonna bring me back a set! Whohoo!

Thanks everyone,

Joe

smoothCIVIC 10-09-2005 06:30 PM

Hey Telly,

You said your friends have gotten rims from that site you listed. Can you tell me if the price is good (CND) and if they got it with rubber?

Thanks

$killer05coupe 10-09-2005 09:57 PM

Your Girlfriend can try going to this city called "Banaue," if she's staying by the greater Manila area. This city is like the Mecca of car parts (some items are stolen from other cars. But what do you care, right?) You might be able to score some very rare used JDM wheels and other items for a very cheap price, as it is easier to export items from Japan to the Phil. due to the very weak smuggling laws. Some shops also sell used mugen headers, and JDM engines, again for a cheap price. My cousin bought a set of RS watanabe wheels and a MoMo steering wheel for his ae86 before. just remember to use Taxi cab services going there, because the place is famous for stolen car parts.

smoothCIVIC 10-11-2005 09:09 PM

thats pretty cool. thanks for the info. so is it like a market?

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 10-11-2005 10:49 PM

oh yeh, don't forget to tell ur girl to bring patis. LOL.

pinoyjdmr 10-16-2005 08:10 PM

oh snaps going back to the roots boogooong, balut and dont for get the muruguy tree hahahaha have fun and bring back the goods......

icedcoco 10-16-2005 08:31 PM

i'm going in december so I'll be sure to ask my cousins about banaue. i definitely want to check that place out.

claudeboi 10-16-2005 08:36 PM

just looking at the rotawheels website...rota is a filipino base company and product?

CivicsRdBest 10-16-2005 09:04 PM

Holy cow, I didn't know Rota was Pinoy....

EternalBluePearl 10-16-2005 09:13 PM

if you want you can go to west ave goin to SM city edsa
there are more wheels in there compare to banaue

smoothCIVIC 10-18-2005 08:32 PM

i'm going to be in imus cavite area, does anyone know if there are some good wheels there?

EternalBluePearl 10-18-2005 08:37 PM

go to banaue or west ave
you can even bargain in there

03whitecivic 11-01-2005 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by smoothCIVIC
i'm going to be in imus cavite area, does anyone know if there are some good wheels there?

there are a couple of places in bacoor not sure about imus though. but yeah, banaue is the place to go to.

seebik 11-01-2005 10:23 PM

dude I feel bad for your girl those rims are gonna be heavy. and most of them doesnt come with tires. You still have to buy your tires here or wherever you live for it doesnt fit in the balikbayan box bwahaha. My friend bought some rims back home as well he ended up paying more there rather than getting it here. cost him more than mine I got 17' Motegi Rims DP12 gloss black. I would recommend you buying the rims where you live right now. And just get some headers there or some steering wheels knock off momo sell back here you gonna make lot of mulas!!!! hahahaha

gimme dat 11-02-2005 12:19 PM

i got my rims from the pi... rota c10's... 17's.. (got em for $280) ...fit 2 rims in one balikbayan box

SimonTek 11-02-2005 12:39 PM

lol. My dad's ex-gf Carmen is from there (RIP), well her best friend is the president. One day she hands me the phone, shows me a picture of whom I am speaking with. I decided to be a flirt, and soon afterwards, I found out whom I was speaking with. Boy was I embarassed. Well her family owns a lot of factories over there, I can ask for any info if you need something.

raffstyle 11-12-2005 12:22 AM

dang it!! i didnt know ROTA is from philippines.. well were goin on june 06 thats 16 Heads x 2 box each.
--GIMME DAT where did you get your C10? PM me...

trungly25 11-12-2005 12:31 AM

wow nice rides i want a 7th gen civic now

smoothCIVIC 11-12-2005 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by gimme dat
i got my rims from the pi... rota c10's... 17's.. (got em for $280) ...fit 2 rims in one balikbayan box

Did they come with the tires as well?

smoothCIVIC 11-12-2005 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by seebik
dude I feel bad for your girl those rims are gonna be heavy. and most of them doesnt come with tires. You still have to buy your tires here or wherever you live for it doesnt fit in the balikbayan box bwahaha. My friend bought some rims back home as well he ended up paying more there rather than getting it here. cost him more than mine I got 17' Motegi Rims DP12 gloss black. I would recommend you buying the rims where you live right now. And just get some headers there or some steering wheels knock off momo sell back here you gonna make lot of mulas!!!! hahahaha

I'm acutally going to the philippines now, with my girl. So hopefully, the weight, will be ok between the both of us. Also, I have lots of family there and they own shops and know lots of places to get the rims/rubber. But thanks for your concern. I might get some headers too, thanks :)

zambaleno 11-12-2005 12:25 PM

yep i got my slipstreams over there too...going back again next year for my lip kit...i saw it from one of the guys in honda club philippines...here's a link... http://www.a-toybodykits.com/honda_civic.shtml !!! im getting the ES106. im excited already going home by january to february next year...!!! its gonna be a blast..taking orders anybody!!!!

raffstyle 11-16-2005 05:22 AM

does anyone here had an experience bringing some rota wheels here in the US.? any problem checking them in at the airport? or even here at the US custom?

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 11-16-2005 12:17 PM

man i miss the pnas, i wanna go back too..... damn bitches.