Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Car Got Broken Into (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/230933-car-got-broken-into.html)

Da1lyDr1ver 10-09-2005 11:19 AM

Car Got Broken Into

My dad woke me up this morning to the news that someone had broken into my car. What gets me pissed is that it happened right on my driveway, which is only 15 feet from my window. I guess my next mod will be a real alarm... or a gun...

Before...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...1ver/post4.jpg

After...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...icture_034.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...icture_030.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...icture_027.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...icture_025.jpg

I know it had to be some noobie thieves. They took the face plate of my radio, but not the radio itself. They took my radar detector and tried to yank out my amp. My amp isnt even bolted down, they just yanked on it and gave up from the power wires hanging onto it. I guess I should be happy that my car didnt get scratched up at least or my loss was minimal. But now I gotta go and waste time and get a new quarter panel window and get it retinted. I HATE thieves!!!! :mad: :tdown: :shake: :hithead:

dacivic 10-09-2005 11:31 AM

I am sorry! At least they didn't steal anything expensive.

ciVictoria 10-09-2005 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear that man, your car is clean as hell too.

noVICe 10-09-2005 11:51 AM

sorry to hear about that... i hate fukking thieves!! i say get the gun...

GACivic 10-09-2005 12:00 PM

Damn. That sucks man. Your car is VERY clean too.. Good luck getting your new window and faceplate for your CD Player.

juzthewy 10-09-2005 12:12 PM

i hate thieves yo i swear. like two weeks ago they stole me 04 ex wheels and left my car on its rotors. I wish you the best of luck man i love ur car. BTW, does anyone kno if wheels are covered in the honda warranty.

tuningmycivic 10-09-2005 12:19 PM

prolly only if they crack due to manufacturing defects or something....theft, im thinking, is not covered

back on topic..
sux about your whip man....i wake up every morning praying that nobody's broken into mine...and so far, everything's still there every morning
good luck with the new window and tint

MajinB 10-09-2005 12:23 PM

i say stay up a couple of nights and watch the streets. then go kick some ass

Honda2k4 10-09-2005 12:24 PM

...buy a gun!!! some bastards keyed my car yesterday, I can just imagine how you feel

Al Gore FTW 10-09-2005 12:48 PM

wow, thats homosexual. theives suck. good luck getting everything fixed.

GACivic 10-09-2005 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Honda2k4
...buy a gun!!! some bastards keyed my car yesterday, I can just imagine how you feel

I'd be more pissed about being keyed, then I would being broke into. Atleast if they are breaking into your car, they are doing it for a reason. Keying your car is just meant to damage it, it really accomplishes them NOTHING.

...I hate HATERS lol.

K20me 10-09-2005 01:08 PM

That really sucks man. What kind of alarm are you planning on installing?

Chun_Kit 10-09-2005 01:11 PM

dude cant you get insurance for this kinda thing?..if you can..then think of it as a good thing...have someone try to jack up the insurance price..and since your radio is gone..get a new system with the money!...or something ...just try to stay optimistic about it O_o

ramcosca 10-09-2005 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MajinB
i say stay up a couple of nights and watch the streets. then go kick some ass

Ha! Ninja style!

Originally Posted by SLeePeRCIVICHopeful

I heard the Viper alarms are good, dunno.

Man that's why my car always sleeps inside the house...
There's a couple bastards that told me they want some stuff from my car... like the rear emblems and such.
But at least I know that if some day the emblems are missing, I'll know who it was... :shrug:

The alarm didn't go off because they went in through the rear panel windows.
Never have I heard of a factory alarm that goes off when they break in through there.

02civic_rida 10-09-2005 01:23 PM

that sux man! im sorry to hear that, thats the same fuggin window they broke on my car, its an expensive window! good luck to ya mang, FIND EM AND RING THEIR NECKS!

xxsleepyxx 10-09-2005 01:28 PM

damn sorry about that.. what % tint u gon get?

jamesandrew58 10-09-2005 01:50 PM

that fukin suks.. at least no1 scratched the paint.. or dented the quarter panel cuz that would be a bitch to replace

Da1lyDr1ver 10-09-2005 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by xxsleepyxx
damn sorry about that.. what % tint u gon get?

I think my tints are a 45 or 55% i cant remember...

Da1lyDr1ver 10-09-2005 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by SLeePeRCIVICHopeful

Well, i just got into the market for looking for a new alarm about 9 hrs ago so i dont really know. i'm gonna ask my cousin what to get because he works at Tweeter and can probably get me a discount.

Supermanrider 10-09-2005 07:27 PM

u know what i think that might be the new thing with people breaking into cars just taking the faceplate becasue a couple weeks back they took my brothers faceplate and that was it and the a week r so later someone my parents new they took there kids faceplate and that was it and a guy i worked with had his faceplate stolen a couple of months ago

gearbox 10-09-2005 07:50 PM

that sucks :(

Black03civic 10-09-2005 07:51 PM

Damn Dennis, thats sucks, iam comming down there with the 7thgen ninja clan and getting our stab on. Hate to see good people and clean cars fuk with.

jay78 10-10-2005 11:23 AM

nice car and u dont have alaram ????
get viper 791vx....best one

runner1738 10-10-2005 11:30 AM

thats why they make faceplacts removable in the first place, always take it out, i always did when i had my alpine 9831 didnt matter where i went or how long i stopped for i always took it out, but in front of your house that would make it extra creepy but glad they didnt do major damage or anything to it

honda860 10-10-2005 11:42 AM

kill the bastards hunt them and kill them

01redJDM 10-10-2005 11:59 AM

Thats y they make faceplates removable:_doh: I take mine out even when I park infront of my house, I hate to tell u this but before u started putting any money into your car u should've got an alarm, there are always *******s out there not wanting to earn their own sh!t, thats a fact & sadly we can't change it so u better be safe than sorry. Anyways good luck on fixing everything up, if u wanna get an alarm I recommend getting a backup unit for it.

ceddy 10-10-2005 12:04 PM

Sorry Dennis, thats just not right. U put alot of time and effort on her and she came to be one of the cleanest civics out there. You can only learn from this experience, Its a good thing that nothing else got stolen - ur right its only a minimal lost. ( nothing really major) what if ur rims were stolen or ur whole radio. my boy got his exhaust stolen in chicago, they freaking blowtorched it off ! yeah dude get an alarm. and tell ur dad thats ur car should be garaged all the time ( if it isnt already i dunno ) =)
i think u should park ur car a little bit closer ur house , a burglar sensor light is good, if somone makes the slightest noise - the light goes on.
it doesnt matter what car u have - my 91 camry got stolen - that car wasnt all that great, but ignorant people would do stupid sh!t like that. Also i guess sometimes it doesnt matter where u live. I guess u can say ur neighborhood is well above the average.too don't worry bro - karma always gets them back.
we were suppose to have a photoshoot too, d@mn b@stards!!!
well i hope she does a speedy recovery, hit me up when u want to do that photoshoot or even just chill
peace ceddy

tbaleno 10-11-2005 02:27 AM

One thing I always do when I get an alarm is to try to find one that sounds unique. I may be mistaken, but most alarms sold through circuit city, best buy, etc. are all pretty much the same models. When it goes of you can't realy distinguish your car from your neighbors.

If this is the case and you still want to go that route get a two way alarm so you can know when its your car. Have them set the sensitivity so it is not very sensitive. False alarms are your enemy. People start to ignore their alarms if there are two many false alarms.

Also, don't rely on your neighbors to keep an eye on your car. When ever you hear your alarm go off go out and check it out. Someone could be setting it off to see if anyone is around or they could jimmy a door to get the dome light to turn on and drain the battery.

Also, I don't know if any alarm companies offer it any more, but some of them would insure your stuff if their alarm was professionaly installed. This could either let you double dip for replacement costs or cover deductables on your insurance. Look and see if you can find an alarm that offers this (if any).

Sorry for the long post, but my old car got broken into and they stole my radio and it realy taught me a lot of what I did wrong.

And sorry about them messing up your car. BTW, looked up the glass on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and it looks like it will run you about $150.00 Thats probably less than your deductable.

Da1lyDr1ver 10-11-2005 03:03 AM

^^^ thanks for the advice

my cousin told me to look into a company named DEI for an alarm. he works at tweeter so i'll take his advice on it.

do you think installing a airhorn will be over doing it? how much do they go for?

my deductable is only $50 so i'm just gonna make a claim tomorrow.

pnoiracer 10-11-2005 03:04 AM

somebody broke into my car too.. the thief/thieves only took the radar detector.. they didn't even take the faceplate of my stereo.. and left some scratches...

edited: oh and it happend in my driveway too!!! I am planning to put surveilance camera in my driveway though..