Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I dunno if this would be considered off topic material or not (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/229540-i-dunno-if-would-considered-off-topic-material-not.html)

shroomster 09-27-2005 10:17 AM

I dunno if this would be considered off topic material or not

But if this is a repost sorry

How did you come about your civic?

rather how did you find or know that your civic was the one for you?

I personally inherited mine when my dad died...he owned it from jan '01 to june of '01 ( he died july 7th '01 from surgery complications if anyone asks)

My parents were picking me up from work and for some reason as they came down the street I noticed that the 92 sandstone accord EX he drove was now a bright silver color...and a little smaller... was really cool I thought...

FIrst thing I remember about the Civic is the fresh clean smell of the interior...

streetglower 09-27-2005 11:59 AM

Well After I gave my old car to my brother, My mom took me car shopping. I wasnt planning on buying a civic, I had looked at a used 01 celica first, then at a brand new ford mustang and f-150, then we went to a small honda dealership outside of my neighboorhood and I saw a brand new 02 civic for 17K that looked so nice. It had a sunroof which I was always in love with (never use though) so I test drove it and afterwards I had to have it. SO we bought it. Now 3 years later and 102,000 miles later, the car is still running strong.

IronFist 09-27-2005 12:10 PM

I remember the smell of the inside, too! :tup:

injencivic 09-27-2005 04:25 PM

moved to members ride talk...

I wish i still had the new car smell

Injen

Al Gore FTW 09-27-2005 04:44 PM

wellll....my dad bought an 85 toyota pickup brand new in jan 85 for 5500 dollars. it was a 2wd reg cab longbed, manual. it was the first japanese car he bought when he came to the US, and it was the only car that didnt give him problems. anyways, my parents bought a mazda, a chevy, a chrysler van, and then in 00 ended up buying a new toyota sienna. so basically the old pickup taught them a lesson. my dad still drove the truck, till i got my license, thats when he gave it to me, and went and bought an 03 tundra sr5 access cab v8. i drove the truck for a while, decided i wanted something new, so i convinced my parents to cosign for a new car for me. at first i was looking at either a 96-02 4runner or a v6 tacoma.

but then my dad talked to his friend, who is the owner of one of the honda dealerships here, and got my civic for 11700. it was a good deal, i got it with 5 miles on it on feb 10, 04, and it now has 43k miles on it. i love this car, even though at times i want other cars, for more power, etc. but i love this car so much, that when im ready to move on, i think im gonna keep it or give it to my sister, and buy a new car in addition to it.

gh0st 09-27-2005 04:52 PM

my dad's old nissan stanza which he gave to me finally gave out on my way to work. transmission was too much to replace so we decided to go car shopping as an early graduation gift. i wasn't planning on getting a civic, but my dad played poker with a manager of a dealership and we were able to get a good price on an 02 EX. lo and behold, car still runs great. my dad's other friend tried to sell us a mustang

diskreet 09-27-2005 05:07 PM

I first got in an accident in my cavalier; a broken-every-possible way pos handed down from my sister who to this day cant drive for her life!

so a week later we go to the toyota dealerhsip by my house (like 3/4 mile away). They had a nice Corolla S, solara, and an 01 civic LX sedan. The parents drove all of them and ruled out the solara on price.
So it was corolla S or civic. Drove those two and the civic is so much more fun to drive. it is alot sportier and just plain fun. so we got it. :)

Tragedy 09-27-2005 05:33 PM

I got tired of a turbo AWD, so i went for what I thought looked hot. The 7th gen looked hotter to me than other gen's so I bought it.

nick95673 09-27-2005 05:38 PM

my f-150 was getting about 12mpg so i looked up cars gas mileage, initial price and maintnance problems. seeing as how civics are in the top 3 in all i went down to the dealership.

wheamahm0n3yat 09-27-2005 05:42 PM

my car was from gambling..... slapped 10 grand double or nothing on the black jack table. came out was a winner. so alwayz liked civic so bought one with extra money on the side

ZapThyCat 09-27-2005 06:26 PM

My car began it's life as the ugly stepchild of one of my best friend's wife, before I knew them. It was abused and neglected, not even paid for :shake:

I met them and became friends with them, they both drove civics, but because she was the girl, she'd usually ride with him in his 6thgen and the poor silver car was left alone.

After they got married and entered hard times, they thought it best to get rid of the car and it's high monthly payments, but they considered the poor thing as a curse to them. The evil multibillion dollar corperation sent it's agents to take the care, but they could not find it. It was at this time that my current car stopped working. I saw the poor little silver car sitting and I thought "hey, I could make payments to her and then she could let me drive the car, everyone wins then".

My grandpa died. My mom inherited lots of money. She noticed that I didn't have a car, and inquired as to what I would do. I told her that I was going to pay off this little car from my friend, and she offered to pay the whole shabang. *Boom* the car was mine... everyone was happy. Christy was happy, she didn't have a car about to be repo'd. My mom was happy, I had a car that was safe and nice. I was happy, I loved my car. The car was happy, he loved me. I immediately began fixing it up.... first thing to do to it was tint. Soon, intake, header, muffler, they all got put on it, and the car was very happy that it went from a soccer mom's sedan into a fast looking cool car with some style. Currently there are many more mods on it, and it sits in the shade outside my place, enjoying the shelter. And it loves me more than anything.

:D

Theeyo 09-27-2005 07:26 PM

I drove a 94 accord EX with like 60k miles on it, Wrecked it, thank god for full coverage & then my mom took me to the dealership and she picked out 2 cars & i had to pick between a 97 CL or an 01 civic and ofcourse i picked the civic