Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   04 head lights for 01 civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/229394-04-head-lights-01-civic.html)

DreamCivic 09-26-2005 10:32 AM

04 head lights for 01 civic

I want to put the 04 head lights on my car 01 civic. I know i need a new harness or something but does anyone know exactly what i need and where to get it

jameslinkinpark 09-26-2005 10:52 AM

You do realize that the 04 headlights are shaped differently than the 01 lights, right? You would need to modify your front end to make them fit....

Tragedy 09-26-2005 10:57 AM

You will need new fenders, and new hood right?

bluestreak 09-26-2005 10:58 AM

just trade your car in for an o4...lol

Blahman240 09-26-2005 11:12 AM

hood, fenders, bumper, prob harnesses, and of course the head lights. Is it really worth it for an ugly mod like 04-05 head lights? I have an 04 and wish I had an 01-03 front.

wheamahm0n3yat 09-26-2005 11:54 AM

the whole supporter frame is different. its like doin a whole conversion

02civic_rida 09-26-2005 12:04 PM

^^ yup, ful front end conversion, good luck, it would be cheaper to get an 04 and i'll sell u my 02 tails :-p

notoriouspyro 09-26-2005 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by DreamCivic
I want to put the 04 head lights on my car 01 civic. I know i need a new harness or something but does anyone know exactly what i need and where to get it

Just pick up a set of TYC projectors or something.... That'll give you the same clear look... If you really want to do it, find a decent 04 at a junk yard and buy everything from the fenders on up. You are looking at a pretty penny to get it done, but if that's what you want to do, so be it.... IMO there are much better ways to spend a few thousand dollars other than getting a different headlight.

ragingSPAM 09-26-2005 12:52 PM

well it wont cost u a few thousand dollars at that

u can prolly pull everything together for less than a grand junk yard fenders still in good condition 50 bucks each, hood u can get cf for like 250, bumper 150, and headlights at like 200 for the pair of projectors or something all you would need other than that is to convert ur stock harness and get some brackets to do it which will prolly come out to a total of 700...but than again ur better off gettin and 04

my05civic24 09-26-2005 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blahman240
hood, fenders, bumper, prob harnesses, and of course the head lights. Is it really worth it for an ugly mod like 04-05 head lights? I have an 04 and wish I had an 01-03 front.

I think u r an idiot.. the 04-05's are way better than the 01-03's. They look more aggressive.

notoriouspyro 09-26-2005 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
well it wont cost u a few thousand dollars at that

u can prolly pull everything together for less than a grand junk yard fenders still in good condition 50 bucks each, hood u can get cf for like 250, bumper 150, and headlights at like 200 for the pair of projectors or something all you would need other than that is to convert ur stock harness and get some brackets to do it which will prolly come out to a total of 700...but than again ur better off gettin and 04

All this assuming that you can find a civic that is already your same color. If not then you have to paint increasing the cost drastically. But all in all, still not worth it just for headlights... Now if he was doing an RSX front end conversion, that'd be sweet....

notoriouspyro 09-26-2005 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by my05civic24
I think u r an idiot.. the 04-05's are way better than the 01-03's. They look more aggressive.

Nice... That's why they're called opinions..... That was his opinion... Now how you can determine that he is an idiot based upon that is pretty impressive....

Good Job... :_doh:

jameslinkinpark 09-26-2005 01:44 PM

I still don't understand why people buy these Civics and want to convert the front ends just because they dont like that particular style. Civics are not exactly rare or that expensive. buy the one you want from the start.

notoriouspyro 09-26-2005 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by jameslinkinpark
I still don't understand why people buy these Civics and want to convert the front ends just because they dont like that particular style. Civics are not exactly rare or that expensive. buy the one you want from the start.

For most of us, they don't make the type we want from the start. That's part of the reason for the conversion. To achieve a certain "higher level" on their car. Like I said a few posts up, I'd want to do an RSX front end conversion on my civic. It'd be a really sweet touch on fixing up a show car. Each person has their own ideas on where they want their car to be. They may not be rare or expensive, but it's a whole lot cheaper to do a conversion than it is to go out and drop all this already invested money into a new car and lose any progress that may have already been reached.

ragingSPAM 09-26-2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by stpyro8
All this assuming that you can find a civic that is already your same color. If not then you have to paint increasing the cost drastically. But all in all, still not worth it just for headlights... Now if he was doing an RSX front end conversion, that'd be sweet....

werd...my homie has an 03 ex and he got the front end totaled on it cuz some idiot was driving on the wrong side of the road and did a head to head with him...luckily no frame damage but it destroyed the front end as in everything from fenders, hood, bumper, headlights and his fogs...tho he got 3500 from the other guys insurance and did a full front end conversion which i help him do by himself and it cost him about 800 bucks in total with painting cuz i painted the fenders and bumper and he got a cf hood...i offed to paint it for him but he wanted the cf look on his ralley red...so now he has a full 04 front and he bought an 04 rear bumper with that only part he doesnt have are tails because hes saving to buy a k20 so he has little over 2 grand saved for that now

wow talk about a long ass run on sentance

dirtySAMURAI 09-26-2005 02:05 PM

this topic has been covered numerous times already. :lock: