Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Hit and Run (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/229068-hit-run.html)

draganjr 09-23-2005 12:58 PM

Hit and Run

I was involved in a hit and run yesterday on the way to work. It was about 7:00 am and it was stop and go traffic. I was coming to a stop and a 1989 Honda Civic rear ended me and took off. He darted to the exit ramp and I went after him while on the phone with 911. I got the plate # and gave it to the 911 person, meanwhile still chasing the bastard that hit me, that guy it the curb and a pole trying to get away from me but he couldn’t. the 911 person told me to stop chasing him but I couldn’t, I finally got him to stop but then the 911 person told me to let him go because he maybe on drugs or have a gun, I thought to myself he is right because I am going to be a dad very soon. So I had to let him go. Anyways, the way I got him to stop was I cut him off at a gas station and he had nowhere to go. :giggle:

There was no real damage but I am getting a check from my insurance since that car and the plates expired in Aug of 2005 and the owner never removed the plates before selling it to someone. The owner didn’t get the guys name or number because the guy paid with cash. :_disgust:

So I a very small chance of getting my deducible back…$250.00! :mad:

I just thought I would share with my friends of 7thgencivic….

Thanks for reading!

chriscivic 09-23-2005 01:05 PM

you should have beat the **** out of him, he is why insurance is so high, what an a-hole. but it is true he could of had a gun or something

draganjr 09-23-2005 01:15 PM

I would have but again I had to think about my family, with a baby on the way and all, I couldn't chance it...

Changu-San 09-23-2005 01:17 PM

bastard! i hate people that dont have insurance and/or a driver's license. Been hit a few times myself.

exturbo6 09-23-2005 01:25 PM

congrats on being a pops. Now F that i would have kept his ass right in front of me and would have not listened to 911. lol. seriously. then you get F'd cause lyou lost 250 and your car is messed up a lil. poeple suck.

draganjr 09-23-2005 02:39 PM

Thank you and the detective that is working the case may have a lead on the guy but it still might take several months for anything to happen.

pimpc 09-23-2005 04:07 PM

IMO I think you did the right thing by thinking of your family first

Kyle23 09-23-2005 04:53 PM

Too bad ur going to b a Dad cuz that woulda been a really good azz kicking :)

Laubster 09-23-2005 05:26 PM

at least you saw the guy that hit your car. I came out to my car yesterday and someone tagged it, scuffed it up and scrapped some of the paint off, with i am guessing a L-pate screw. sucks major, and i just had the same bumper panted like 2 months ago....people suck sometimes

gearbox 09-23-2005 05:42 PM

that sucks but you did the right thing. some pos accord backed into a truck of girls and drove off right into our parking lot and went inside! What an idiot! Haha there were a group of pissed girls going after him while cops were on the way.

ciVictoria 09-23-2005 05:50 PM

Thats a crazy chase man glad that you didn't get hurt that situation could of turned out bad.

draganjr 09-24-2005 11:58 AM

Thanks guys. I am going to my uncles shop today to prep the bumper to be painted. since i know how to paint and stuff i am going to do it myself!

04|5spdCivic 09-24-2005 12:36 PM

glad it turned out okay for you man. it was the right move to let him go. hope they find him and put him jail. *******s like that screw stuff up for the rest of us.