Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   OMG OMG NEW CAR...err used (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/229011-omg-omg-new-car-err-used.html)

Curiouz_G 09-22-2005 09:14 PM

OMG OMG NEW CAR...err used

i got the chance to buy a used car today cuz my parents got tired of me modding a brand new car lol. got exhaust with barely 4k miles on it so... :_please: :_please: but anywayss...... my dad loves the rx-7... and he's willing to put in 7g's toward buying one. rest is my money. parents said they will give me 3g's on the spot toward any other car so...im looking for a car in the 6g-7'g range. any ideas? its gonna be a weekend car so that means the civic will be going back to stock but be our family's daily driver...so any suggestions? i pefer a turbo'd car or something that can help me produce big numbers...cuz all my friends are rockin inline-6 motors...330ci smg 2004, 2001 & 2004 is300, 2004 325I, 2005 wrx manual, etc. so ya kno...im kinda tired of bein in the back of the pack :_disgust: :mad: :mad: :_disgust:

MajinB 09-22-2005 09:19 PM

ok, so your gettin rid of the vic? or is it just that they don't want you moddin it anymore and mod something else? cause if your partin out lets talk lol
id say 300zx or an old rx7. definatley the 300 though

mugenman 09-22-2005 09:29 PM

get a 240sx n do the sr20 swap

Curiouz_G 09-22-2005 09:34 PM

lol yes i am partin out the civic but i only got a greddy evo II exhaust w/ close to 4k miles on it and a intake with less than 100 miles... and only the SRI part. i got the rest of the CAI sittin in my closet. Its by Injen btw. i have all the recipes if you want them too juss in case it gets stolen or something for insurance purposes

Changu-San 09-22-2005 09:45 PM

get a rx7

silverem2 09-22-2005 09:48 PM

get a cavalier

gotti 09-22-2005 09:51 PM

eg hatch....TURBO IT!@!#!@$

Curiouz_G 09-22-2005 09:52 PM

i want a factory boosted car if its possible lol but i was thinkin bout the hatch too...

Curiouz_G 09-22-2005 09:54 PM

also ive seen some cars w/ wreaked ends but engines perfect for really really cheap i was thinking, how much is it to repair a backend of a supra? =)

Curiouz_G 09-22-2005 09:58 PM

btw, anyone know of any websites that are reliable to search for used cars?

clrumivier4life 09-22-2005 09:59 PM

300zx twin turbo. Don't get a 90 or 96, those years have problems, but 91-95 are fine. The twin turbo is a 2 seater and capable of making some big power. The N/A 300zx is a 2+2 and still pretty nice but a bit longer.

dre2600 09-22-2005 10:06 PM

Keep the Civic, buy a bike :) That'll make you a lot faster than any of your friends, unless one of them happens to have a Porsche GT1 or something

EM2typeflex 09-22-2005 10:38 PM

for 7g, I'd put that down on 2000 or newer year model bmw, cause I've sen them at 13,000 down here where i live. but you're looking for a project car that's stock turbo,so............betcha you could probably get an srt-4 with warranty.LOL

PunkingCivic 09-22-2005 10:47 PM

rx7 : [url]http://motors.search.ebay.com/rx7_eBay-Motors_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypag eZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQf trtZ1QQftrvZ1QQmppfqyZcivicQ2006QQmppfqyZcivicQ200 6QQmppfqyZcivicQ202006QQmppfqyZcivicQ2001QQsacatZ6 000QQsamcmZ6000QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsaspiZ2[url]

MR2 - http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...e=search&fgtp=

PunkingCivic 09-22-2005 10:48 PM

MR2 - http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...e=search&fgtp=

ragingSPAM 09-22-2005 10:51 PM

try this site

www.evolutionimports.com

they have JDM RHD ITR's for aroudn 16k+ or so and bunch of other cars

Al Gore FTW 09-22-2005 11:34 PM

240sx with an sr swap...oh yeeeeah

xkimsungminx 09-22-2005 11:44 PM

you should go with either the rx-7, 300zx or the supra. dont get a hatch and turbo it, that's what you call ultimate rice, and i dont think it'd look good with your friends' rides either. Two of my friends have 300zx's one's over 400hp, and the other a few hp shy of 400 also, and lemme tell you it's a dang fast car. My friend with the lesser hp zx is gona sell his zx TT, get a 2+2 zx build up the motor and then turbo it, cuz he's gona be doing all the labor himself. another friend of mine has the old school rx-7 the FC, it's a sweet car to consider too if you dont mind it being an old car. you can go with the FD rx-7 also but it being rotory it might be a pain to maintain. and dont even consider a supra if it's not a turbo model, cuz it's dang slow cuz the body is really heavy. well that's just my 2 cents for you.

Nick 09-22-2005 11:49 PM

I say get a MkII mr2. Easy 275+ whp on a stock block. Plus they are more reliable than a 300zx or rx7.

Curiouz_G 09-23-2005 12:01 AM

http://www.autosource.ws/NOW/ZX1.HTM

is this a scam? lol i cant seem to find anything wrong with this car cept the interiors kinda messed up and a big dent on the back

ragingSPAM 09-23-2005 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
you should go with either the rx-7, 300zx or the supra. dont get a hatch and turbo it, that's what you call ultimate rice, and i dont think it'd look good with your friends' rides either. Two of my friends have 300zx's one's over 400hp, and the other a few hp shy of 400 also, and lemme tell you it's a dang fast car. My friend with the lesser hp zx is gona sell his zx TT, get a 2+2 zx build up the motor and then turbo it, cuz he's gona be doing all the labor himself. another friend of mine has the old school rx-7 the FC, it's a sweet car to consider too if you dont mind it being an old car. you can go with the FD rx-7 also but it being rotory it might be a pain to maintain. and dont even consider a supra if it's not a turbo model, cuz it's dang slow cuz the body is really heavy. well that's just my 2 cents for you.

haha funny how u said dont get a hatch...cuz the rx-7 and the supra are both hatchbacks hahahaha

MajinB 09-23-2005 12:08 AM

jump on it, but its a gamble cause you never really know. ya know? pmed about cai and exhaust

LowSky 09-23-2005 01:06 AM

MR2... you dont see enough of those around.. and not many people expect alot out of them

What about a Miata... one of the best roadsters ever built...even with only 140hp those cars can move

Al Gore FTW 09-23-2005 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by LowSky
MR2... you dont see enough of those around.. and not many people expect alot out of them

What about a Miata... one of the best roadsters ever built...even with only 140hp those cars can move

yeah, the miata's pwn at autocross over here. quick, and agile.

05_ CivicJDM 09-23-2005 02:21 AM

Boosted EK hatch!

pimpc 09-23-2005 02:27 AM

^
Your a moron....how can you say boosting a hatch is the ultimate rice? a gsr turbo hatch would own your friends 400hp 300zx anyday of the year.

nookiemonster 09-23-2005 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
haha funny how u said dont get a hatch...cuz the rx-7 and the supra are both hatchbacks hahahaha

The RX-7 is a "lift back." I personally don't think you should get an RX-7 unless it's a naturally aspirated FC3S. RX-7's are not "beginner friendly." Especially when boosted. They are a blast to drive, but are unforgiving at the limit. These cars are extremely finicky, and unless you have a large wallet, extensive tool box, and experience with rotaries, you better stay away. If you don't know how to tune, stay away. If you do anything, I mean anything to the car, even something as insignificant as exhaust or intake, you will need to retune the car. It's a very delicate balance and one minor mistake and you'll detonate, and need new seals or a rebuild.

The FD3S and even turbo II FC3S are not beginner cars, or toy cars either. RX-8 or NA FC3S are pretty much trouble free as long as you understand that rotaries consume oil by design.

You also sound like someone who wants this car for the "image" or to "keep up with the jones'." You mention what all your "friends" drive. If that's the case stay away from rotaries. They require a certain type of driver willing to do the special care.

If you must, get an NA model, but I agree with the 240SX idea. Drop in a SR20DET and have a virtually trouble free, fast, RWD car.

The NOOKIEMONSTER has spoken.

nookiemonster 09-23-2005 02:37 AM

another friend of mine has the old school rx-7 the FC, it's a sweet car to consider too if you dont mind it being an old car. you can go with the FD rx-7 also but it being rotory it might be a pain to maintain. and dont even consider a supra if it's not a turbo model, cuz it's dang slow cuz the body is really heavy. well that's just my 2 cents for you.

What the hell are you talking about? All RX-7's are rotaries. The suggestion of an FC3S, and then saying FD3S is a "pain because of rotary" is probably the stupidest thing I've read on here all day.

Maybe you should say the FD3S is a pain to maintain due to the rat's nest sequential twin turbo setup. Or maybe you should mention the overheating problems the FD3S has.

BTW you can remedy these problems with a 99+ FD3S larger radiator and oil coolers, along with a simplified ball bearing, quick spooling, single turbo setup. Alot of guys use a single ball bearing T3/T4.

gh0st 09-23-2005 02:52 AM

why don't you just stick to your 87 octane eating civic and be glad you even have a car? yeah kthx.