Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Falling in Love with Honda (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/228477-falling-love-honda.html)

01hx5 09-19-2005 10:52 AM

Falling in Love with Honda

I am really starting to fall in love with my honda. Odd thing is i use to hate hondas, just because of all the ricers in my town. I have owned 4 vehicles and the honda is at the top of the list a 89 silverado(Still holds a place in my heart besides the 8mpg 454 in it) 95 4 runner(3.0 AT sweet ride 14mpg) 99 mits. eclipse GST spyder big 16g bought it modded out ran like a raped ape, but got only 10 mpg at 19lbs) Then can the honda civic HX 5 speed. Wow what a difference, alittle on the slow side but the stick makes up for that, and did i forget to metion i got 502 miles out of a tank once, oh yea i drive this thing all the time, Black, tinted windows< not legal but i dont know what percent because the previous owner had it done, Deul exhaust,( i know its rice but i didnt do it and it actully sounds really good.) The honda was bought with 37000 miles the only things i know of that are done to it is a intake Exhaust, headers tint and the tailights were altezzas but i went back to stock, All i can say is my vehicles from now on will be hondas, i love the acura line too. I donno its a long post but i just felt like talkin and someone else share their love of their hondas too. Thanx :cool:

SLO REX 09-19-2005 11:01 AM

Glad you love it. It is a great car.

Tragedy 09-19-2005 11:05 AM

I have been around the block with turbo's v-8's etc,.. and I am by far much happier with my honda. It gives me a piece of mind knowing I own a reliable car with good gas mileage. I started to like it even more when I found out how much stuff you can do to them as well.

01hx5 09-19-2005 11:11 AM

yea,deff in the same boat, the GST was fast but it always had somethin wrong with it. and by the way, for all of you thinkin about it someday, NEVER NEVER NEVER get a convertible, i had one and it was a good one never leaked or anything but i HATED it loud, wind noise, cold in winter hot in summer, half the time i didnt even want to put the top down because the sun was to hot to even want to be in it. just another thought.

MajinB 09-19-2005 11:20 AM

ok, im glad you love your car. your supposed to love it. if you don't, then its not right for you. i love my ride too. and slowly, ill be making it faster. btw post some pics of the dual exhaust.

01hx5 09-19-2005 11:40 AM

i'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomarrow i'm ar work slackin off at the moment.

jknudsen 09-19-2005 11:52 AM

I used to hate hondas too...but then you have to look around and realize that our cars are really durable. After getting through college and starting to realize what life really costs, i realized that I needed something that would last. I love almost everything about my car, and never thought that I could like this car so much...now if i could just get mofo's to stop hitting it!! Also there is nothing better than taking a trip, doing 80 mph the whole way and getting 42 mpg on an ex auto trans....that is the $HIT!!!!!!!!! When it comes to getting a new car I will definately consider staying with honda...I like to tell all my friends that I'm going to drive my car until the wheels fall off...500k miles here i come!

01hx5 09-19-2005 11:58 AM

haha 500k here i come...all i can say is hopefully, that would be kick as$

PoorCollegeBoy 09-19-2005 12:04 PM

I love my honda too, and I see nothing but Hondas in the future.
Practical- Element
Sporty- S2000
Motorcycle- 599
Classy- TL, TSX, or Accord
Economical- Civic Hybrid

The only market that Honda does not have me sold on, is the truck market. The Ridgeline is an awesome truck, but I would want something a little tougher, more powerful, and possibly with a manual.

01hx5 09-19-2005 12:50 PM

Welp its official every damn topic i make 'Forum Bot' moves it to some other place where no one is going to look at it, this was a general discussion since i was talking about the other rides that i have had, and what other ppl thought, it was a discussion not a members ride since i wanted to know about your guy's stuff and feelings on this subject. Not to just boost my ride up and make myself look good.

cg95660 09-19-2005 01:10 PM

My 02 ex is my first honda and like it too. My only beef is with the clutch. But its not like I drive it easy so things can be expected. My girl has a 98 ex and it runs real good still with over 98k miles on it and gets over 27 town and like 40 freeway its an auto and hates town driving( as far as mpg goes). I too hated them for a while. But then I noticed just how many things you can do to them and the real power they can make. I grew up a domestic ford guy but have always had love for imports. But now as I get older I am begining to hate the typical crowed of americans that hate things out of spite. So out of this hate has made me want to build a fwd dragger to beat the shit out of my v8 buddies and there cute 5.0's. I am also thinking of selling my only american vehicle to make room for my import projects.

BlackLX 09-19-2005 02:08 PM

im in the same boat as you guys. i hated civics just becuase like everyday i would see some ricer with a honda. but then i noticed that there are some guys out there with good looking clean JDM civics and that they actually had awesome potential so i ended up getting one and yeah. i like it a lot i just wish i had money for a turbo :-/.

tinman 09-19-2005 02:57 PM

I've had Hondas since the 77 accord. I had the accord for 25 YEARS! People used to tease me about it, even though I kept it in near showroom shape. BUT it always ran, virtually never broke down, and it drove many of my co-workers to the shop to pick up their cars from repair. And it got sweet gas mileage, even back then. I got the last laugh with that car. And so it goes with the 02 civic :D

Oh, forgot to mention, I also had a mercedes for a while. It was nice.... but it cost a ton of money to operate. Geez, I never had a car that cost so much, ever. I ended up giving it to a mechanic and wishing him good luck. Been with Honda ever since, and my 85 nissan for a truck.

ncirom2003 09-19-2005 03:11 PM

YOU HAD A SILVERADO SS 454???????????? i hate you lol i love those, there so badass.
anyways yea i was the same way about hondas, i hated all civics especially and only liked straight sleepers or jdm teg's. but i got mine and realized i dont have to associate myself with those retards with 40 foot wings on the roof/trunk/hood

ramcosca 09-19-2005 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
I love my honda too, and I see nothing but Hondas in the future.
Practical- Element
Sporty- S2000
Motorcycle- 599
Classy- TL, TSX, or Accord
Economical- Civic Hybrid

The only market that Honda does not have me sold on, is the truck market. The Ridgeline is an awesome truck, but I would want something a little tougher, more powerful, and possibly with a manual.

Add to that Weird, but still awesome - Insight
And uhm... the Ridgeline just came out as Honda's first pickup truck and has already beaten the other ones on the market to death... maybe not in power, but in response, safety and uniqueness... and maybe durability... it's a Honda.

01hx5 09-19-2005 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
YOU HAD A SILVERADO SS 454???????????? i hate you lol i love those, there so badass.

Haha sorry to say no, i had the gas hog of a truck that was allittle slower than the SS it was a 3500 long bed regular cab, but talk about a work horse, like i said i still miss it since i kinda live in a rural area, :shrug:

MajinB 09-19-2005 09:09 PM

i drove 140 miles today on a full tank and the needle drops 2 lines from full. lol. i love that shit!!!

ncirom2003 09-19-2005 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 01hx5
Haha sorry to say no, i had the gas hog of a truck that was allittle slower than the SS it was a 3500 long bed regular cab, but talk about a work horse, like i said i still miss it since i kinda live in a rural area, :shrug:

dam lol, oh well i fill my craving every few days when i drive by one(later model year though). my dads got a 89 shortbed silverado, so sweet.

booba5185 09-19-2005 09:15 PM

i love hondas cuz they last forever, my buddy worked for a courier service and there was a guy with a crx that had 500k miles on it with no major repairs, except timing belt and like 5 clutches

01hx5 09-19-2005 09:20 PM

Yea my car is a HX manual, TALK ABOUT GAS SAVER. i get aorund 400 to a tank drivin the hell outa it and i once got 502 i think, drivin like a papua, Nighthawk Black peral OOOO i love this color just hard to keep clean, And by the way ncirom2003 Still got a 89 shortbed stepside 4x4 hangin around as a beater, must say it is one of the good chevy products, 234xxx miles and still kickin

ncirom2003 09-19-2005 09:35 PM

^dam lol

good job on the gas mileage that freakin sweet. i only average like 27mpg city but i think its just cus i "race" around too often