Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   hyper ground system, HIDS, or speakers. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/226313-hyper-ground-system-hids-speakers.html)

Caucasian.Asian 09-01-2005 06:20 PM

hyper ground system, HIDS, or speakers.
 
so i'm trying to decide what i want to get but i keep on going back and forth.

what should I get out of these items?

1: Sun Auto Hot Inazma w/ Sun Auto Hyper Ground System
and i don't care if i can make the wiring kit myself, i'de rather have a quality name brand product under my hood. i'm getting a deal for $300 shipped.
http://www.eautoworks.com/productimages/inazma_SAM1.jpg http://www.eautoworks.com/productima...re_package.jpg
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-27923.cfm
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-14590.cfm
__________________________________________________ _______________

2: 5000k Techone HIDS in the group buy section.
the only problem, i really don't feel like getting pulled over for these and fined.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...2r_And_D2s.jpg
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225867
__________________________________________________ _______________

3: Alpine speakers, front and rear.
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/img/asb/spr-17ls.gif
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...y=90&p_main=10
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...y=90&p_main=10


if you can think of anything else you think i would want, post it. thanks!
-Simeon

Akutenshi 09-01-2005 06:50 PM

jOo wh0re, share the wealth. :hgrin: where are all these "deals" coming from :lol:


anywayz, get the HIDs. thats worth most of the $$. next is the speakers :tup:

BlackLX 09-01-2005 07:35 PM

yeah HIDs then speakers then the wires? wtf are the ground wires for? sorry im a n00b.

jttegx 09-01-2005 07:38 PM

speakers. gotta have music.


by adding ground wires, you give your car a better current path of electrical flow. thus, possiblity increase your vehicles electrical power, increase mpg?, performance?

the hyper voltage system is a great combo with some grounding wires.

Caucasian.Asian 09-01-2005 07:45 PM

yeah, i'm really wanting the grounds and hot inazma because of the gas situation and i'm only getting about 25mpg right now, freeway and city combo.
ah, i have to see... thanks for all the input.

DDragon7 09-01-2005 08:48 PM

If it was me, I'd get the grounding kit.

civicvtec1ps 09-01-2005 09:11 PM

I wouldnt' bother with illegal hid kit, $300 for ground kit? nahh.
I don't care how well built they are, none of grounding kit worth $300.

Speakers are probably the best choice out of those three choices.

nick95673 09-01-2005 09:14 PM

speakers

bOoStEd042dr 09-01-2005 09:33 PM

hids

dragoon 09-01-2005 09:45 PM

hid's

ojay 09-02-2005 12:40 AM

got to say HIDs

genexrocket 09-02-2005 01:12 AM

speakers

JCiv03 09-02-2005 01:45 AM

I'd probably find out more info before I'd get those HID's. They might produce massive glare. So..... for now I say the Alpine speakers, until you can find more info on those HIDs.

EnProceso 09-02-2005 02:23 AM

speakers, they're what i would use the most.

mr_fobster 09-02-2005 10:37 AM

simeon...heres an idea....K24 TSX MOTOR!!! hahahaha.......its about $3000 just add one more zero from that $300...LOLz

Kyle23 09-02-2005 10:49 AM

dont by that ground kit from Sun. U can get the HVS system but they charge like $100 for their ground kit which just consists of wires... now I know that you dont wanna DIY so you could order a complete ground kit from hardcoretuning.com and they have a precut/measured and the ring terminals r already connected and it comes with a bigger battery terminal with pics and directions for install. And the kicker? $29.. about $33 shipped to you in about a week. I also just bought the HVS this week and I'm waiting on both the HVS and the ground to arrive sometime this weekend/ Tuesday.

However, I would get the Type R's How u going to own a car with a stock sound system? WTF?

Caucasian.Asian 09-02-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_fobster
simeon...heres an idea....K24 TSX MOTOR!!! hahahaha.......its about $3000 just add one more zero from that $300...LOLz

haha, i could of had one by now! lol
i won't be doing that until i decide i want to keep that car for the long run. i'm now stuck between the speakers and grounding kit. i just want to do the grounding kit because i don't think anyone has the hot inazma (HVS GT) and hyper ground system on their car right now. i just want to see if it make a difference or not.

Caucasian.Asian 09-02-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle23
dont by that ground kit from Sun. U can get the HVS system but they charge like $100 for their ground kit which just consists of wires... now I know that you dont wanna DIY so you could order a complete ground kit from hardcoretuning.com and they have a precut/measured and the ring terminals r already connected and it comes with a bigger battery terminal with pics and directions for install. And the kicker? $29.. about $33 shipped to you in about a week. I also just bought the HVS this week and I'm waiting on both the HVS and the ground to arrive sometime this weekend/ Tuesday.

However, I would get the Type R's How u going to own a car with a stock sound system? WTF?

to tell you the truth, i'm not really bothered by no sub and stock speakers. lol i had a sub before and realized i can go with out it.

anyways, tell me when you install the hvs and ground. i want to know if it makes a difference. :tup:
i am thinking about just buying that one from hard core tuning though...

skipbarber 09-02-2005 10:56 AM

those type R speakers might be too much for you...so you have an amp to go with them? if not, id go with type s's. but i vote HID's, you wont regret it.

Kyle23 09-02-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
to tell you the truth, i'm not really bothered by no sub and stock speakers. lol i had a sub before and realized i can go with out it.

anyways, tell me when you install the hvs and ground. i want to know if it makes a difference. :tup:
i am thinking about just buying that one from hard core tuning though...


A decent ammount of ppl have the HVS and or ground system already. I know that Gearbox already does.. Do a search for HVS (I have a thread from earlier in the week when I was deciding to get it or not) I picked mine up for $150 from http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rotorworks/hyvopa.html from Rorary Xecret 7. Its the same thing as the Sun MR system...

Kyle23 09-02-2005 11:20 AM

oh and i forgot to say. If u dont have an amp for those type r's u better get the HID's. but the HVS/ground system is sweet for under $200

Blahman240 09-02-2005 11:51 AM

you won't get pulled over for hids, I never do. Only thing is you wanna take em out when you go for inspection.

gearbox 09-02-2005 12:22 PM

if you want grounding, get the sun hvs-mr for $180 or cheaper and spend another $20 for ground wires at some audio place. Thats only around $200 and its the same as that expensive thing you would buy. They're all a bunch of capacitors anyway.

Dirty4Door 09-12-2005 08:14 PM

i have to agree with gearbox. hop over to his DIY for info. that would leave you with some to spare $ for the speakers when that time comes around, since you'll need a good electrical system.

but, come on, $300 just to ground?

check out the HVS by Sun Automobile
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/HVS/hvs.php

boombazokajoe91 09-12-2005 08:30 PM

id go w/ the speakers.. cause im not to sure about these hids in the group buy. i want some but im afraid they arent too good

JCiv03 09-13-2005 01:53 AM

Have you made your decision yet Sim??

kilo_02 09-13-2005 02:13 AM

i say hids

Caucasian.Asian 09-13-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCiv03
Have you made your decision yet Sim??

i think i decided against all three. haha
i think i might get some Nesa sunvisor monitors like ?megahurtz? :sweet: i need to get them before the DUB show in october though...

ragingSPAM 09-13-2005 12:10 PM

hids is whut i would go with

JCiv03 09-13-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
i think i decided against all three. haha
i think i might get some Nesa sunvisor monitors like ?megahurtz? :sweet: i need to get them before the DUB show in october though...

Awsome! Post some pics if you get them :rockon:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.


All Content Copyright 2017 CivicForums.com