Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Vid of my car... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/225684-vid-my-car.html)

quick silver 08-27-2005 08:54 PM

Vid of my car...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx

I need to explain a few things about that video:

1. I took off, and video started, while I was in 3rd gear and goin 80 mph. Should have probably started around 60 so that I could have used 3rd gear more.
2. Some bish decided to cut in front of me as I was gettin ready to shift to 5th, so I had to shut down and the video was stopped.

allmotor 08-28-2005 03:19 PM

nice vid. Can u get one of u launching?

DrOpPeD2k2CiViC 08-28-2005 03:45 PM

slow

MiamiUgen7 08-28-2005 03:47 PM

cool? my car can do that too

quick silver 08-28-2005 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by allmotor
nice vid. Can u get one of u launching?

Once I get my ECU tuned I'll take some more vids.

civicrice 08-28-2005 05:59 PM

nice, i like how it goes past the 7k mark. Pretty damn quick

quick silver 08-28-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by civicrice
nice, i like how it goes past the 7k mark. Pretty damn quick

Right now the VTEC kicks in at 5800 and redline is 8100. Once I get it tuned this upcoming Friday the VTEC will kick in at TBD (below 5800) and redline will be 8600. My car will pull a lot harder as well once Church's Dyno tunes my ECU. Right now pretty much everything is out of whack.

bamb00 08-28-2005 06:10 PM

pretty good

quick silver 08-28-2005 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by bamb00
pretty good

Right right...I am by no means braggin with this video. It was the first one I made, my car aint runnin great, but I thought I would post it anyways so that those of you with D17s will be able to see speeds you aint able to reach. :giggle:

S2KREY 08-28-2005 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by quick silver
Right right...I am by no means braggin with this video. It was the first one I made, my car aint runnin great, but I thought I would post it anyways so that those of you with D17s will be able to see speeds you aint able to reach. :giggle:

ive reach those speeds :lol:

Boilermaker1 08-28-2005 07:14 PM

Right now the VTEC kicks in at 5800 and redline is 8100. Once I get it tuned this upcoming Friday the VTEC will kick in at TBD (below 5800) and redline will be 8600. My car will pull a lot harder as well once Church's Dyno tunes my ECU. Right now pretty much everything is out of whack.

Be aware that 8600 is really toeing a fine line with the strength of the rods. Its been published that the engine can really only handle a few hours running flat out at RPMs above the stock redline (people have done endurance testing for race engine reliability). And when kept in the limits of its design, its pretty indestructable. Just so you know, you may want to reconsider finding ways to make power inside of 8100. Thats info from guys who really know what they're doing. Its posted on Honda Tech in the RR/AutoX forum if you search for it.

quick silver 08-28-2005 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Be aware that 8600 is really toeing a fine line with the strength of the rods. Its been published that the engine can really only handle a few hours running flat out at RPMs above the stock redline (people have done endurance testing for race engine reliability). And when kept in the limits of its design, its pretty indestructable. Just so you know, you may want to reconsider finding ways to make power inside of 8100. Thats info from guys who really know what they're doing. Its posted on Honda Tech in the RR/AutoX forum if you search for it.

Hmmm...not to sure that I agree with you. Hondata, the makers of K-Pro, specifically made calibrations that raise the redline to 8600. Some people with K20A2s have raised the redline even higher--9000-9500. They key is in the tune.

Also, the strength of the rods shouldn't be relevant at the given power. It has been well established that a stock K20A2 can handle 350 whp on a daily basis. This is, of course, given a proper tune.

Boilermaker1 08-28-2005 08:22 PM

Rod stress increases with RPMs. When you get up above 8000 it gets EXTREMELY high. You're slamming them back and forth in the direction change. It has nothing to do with how much power it makes.
And you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with the people who did the test. I'm just telling you what they found out, and since they're building endurance motors, I'd take it they know what they're doing.
You can tune something to do anything you want.... that doesn't mean it survives over time. The perfect example is a top fuel motor that lasts 1320 feet, or a nascar motor that lasts a weekend (or sometimes less). If you push it hard, you walk the line. If you look at the overwhelming majority of people racing with K20s in Honda challenge (who have to run stock bottom ends by rule), they're all running the stock redline because the stock rods are weak. And I know they're all running incredibly well tuned cars.
Feel free to do anything you want, it isn't my car and its not my motor to blow, but there are people who have a lot more knowledge than you or I who have proved what the limit is, and people seem to be heeding to their findings. I really think if you feel the need to go higher, you look into a new bottom end before you're forced into it the unfortunate way.

Robb989 08-28-2005 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2k1CivicRacer
ive reach those speeds :lol:

What do you mean you reached those speeds? Is it hard or something to go 110mph with a civic, I do it like once a week :shrug:

xX03EXx 08-28-2005 09:04 PM

At first i thought you just had a regular civic and then i saw how fast the speedo went up and was like damn what the hell did that guy do to it.

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Robb989
What do you mean you reached those speeds? Is it hard or something to go 110mph with a civic, I do it like once a week :shrug:

When I said "those speeds" I wasn't tryin to say that 110 is fast, cuz its not. What I meant to say is that I can get up to 110 much faster than those of you with D17s (unless you have FI). Also, while your car tops out at maybe 125, I'll have no problem burrying my speedo (145+).

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:18 PM

Boilermaker: I respect all that you have said. You are reciting what you have read from experts. I am reciting what I have read from experts. The experts I am referring to are Hondata, Full-Race, and Church's Dyno. Also, everything that I have said is consistent with what people who actually have K20A2s will tell you.

MiamiUgen7 08-28-2005 09:19 PM

well, you sir are a dumbass if you actually drive those speeds on teh road regardless or not if there is traffic

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiUgen7
well, you sir are a dumbass if you actually drive those speeds on teh road regardless or not if there is traffic

Ummm...ok. Say what you will.

MiamiUgen7 08-28-2005 09:30 PM

yeah, you just keep thinkin you are cool untill one day when you are driving around at 100+ on public roads and kill some innocent person who just happend to get in the way of your dumbass

aznboysrfr 08-28-2005 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Rod stress increases with RPMs. When you get up above 8000 it gets EXTREMELY high. You're slamming them back and forth in the direction change. It has nothing to do with how much power it makes.
And you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with the people who did the test. I'm just telling you what they found out, and since they're building endurance motors, I'd take it they know what they're doing.
You can tune something to do anything you want.... that doesn't mean it survives over time. The perfect example is a top fuel motor that lasts 1320 feet, or a nascar motor that lasts a weekend (or sometimes less). If you push it hard, you walk the line. If you look at the overwhelming majority of people racing with K20s in Honda challenge (who have to run stock bottom ends by rule), they're all running the stock redline because the stock rods are weak. And I know they're all running incredibly well tuned cars.
Feel free to do anything you want, it isn't my car and its not my motor to blow, but there are people who have a lot more knowledge than you or I who have proved what the limit is, and people seem to be heeding to their findings. I really think if you feel the need to go higher, you look into a new bottom end before you're forced into it the unfortunate way.

the K20a has an 8500 rpm redline and it has the same rods as the k20a2...

01redJDM 08-28-2005 09:42 PM

wut did the poor engine do to u?? pretty cool though

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:43 PM

yeah, you just keep thinkin you are cool untill one day when you are driving around at 100+ on public roads and kill some innocent person who just happend to get in the way of your dumbass

First of all, you don't need to call me a dumbass. How about using words like "not smart", "stupid", etc. When you call me names you make this personal.

Anyways, I don't drive 100+ on public roads. I have a little more common sense than that.

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by 01redJDM
wut did the poor engine do to u?? pretty cool though

What are you talking about?

MiamiUgen7 08-28-2005 09:45 PM

First of all, you don't need to call me a dumbass. How about using words like "not smart", "stupid", etc. When you call me names you make this personal.

Anyways, I don't drive 100+ on public roads. I have a little more common sense than that.

1. I took off, and video started, while I was in 3rd gear and goin 80 mph. Should have probably started around 60 so that I could have used 3rd gear more.
2. Some bish decided to cut in front of me as I was gettin ready to shift to 5th, so I had to shut down and the video was stopped.

sounds to me like you were doing that 110+ int he video on a public road to me.... :shake:

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
the K20a has an 8500 rpm redline and it has the same rods as the k20a2...

I just talked to a guy on the ClubRSX forum. He has an RSX-S with a JRSC, JRRH, ITR manifold, and upgraded injectors. His internals are bone stock and his redline is 8800. He revs that high on a pretty consistent basis and has had this setup for over 6 months now. No problems whatsoever.

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:46 PM

sounds to me like you were doing that 110+ int he video on a public road to me.... :shake:

That was on the freeway--I-805.

MiamiUgen7 08-28-2005 09:49 PM

That was on the freeway--I-805.

thats a public road and completely stupid. what would ahve happened if you couldnt stop in enough time and hit that person that cut you off or lose control and swerved into another car? people like you shouldnt be allowed to drive. i hope your ass gets pulled over one day and you lose your license so there is one less dumbass driver ont he road :shake:

quick silver 08-28-2005 09:52 PM

thats a public road and completely stupid. what would ahve happened if you couldnt stop in enough time and hit that person that cut you off or lose control and swerved into another car? people like you shouldnt be allowed to drive. i hope your ass gets pulled over one day and you lose your license so there is one less dumbass driver ont he road :shake:

Whatever dude. Public road = city street where the speed limit is ~35.. Public highway = I-5, I-805, etc. where the speed limit is ~70. When the guy cut in front of me, there was about 3 car lengths between us. More than enough room for me to slow down--I can go from 100 to 70 in a few seconds.

drew22mader 08-28-2005 10:03 PM

Why don't people learn? Driving like a maniac down a highway with traffic is stupid. Now wait till 3 am to do this so no one is on the road so when you wreck and kill or severly injur yourself, no one else will be taken with you. I've had friends going 80 and someone cut them off and lost control, you never know what some f'n idiot will do, your going 100+ and you can't control everything. Only time before you mess up. Also, you keep treating your motor like that its gonna give up on ya.