Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Need Advice...Should I raise it back up? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/224210-need-advice-should-i-raise-back-up.html)

Pharoh 08-16-2005 08:54 AM

Need Advice...Should I raise it back up?

I'm gonna be puttin my Civic up for sale in September but before that I have a few things to do to it first.

One thing I'm considering is putting the OEM coils back in and taking out the Neuspeed Sports I have in there now.

The front struts are '04's as I got them from Honda for free for all the crap I went through with all the other sets I had. The rears are original.

I'm a little worried about how they'll react at full height after being beaten on from a 1.75" drop but I think it might help sell the car if it's on OEM coils.

this of course means an allignment as well.

what do you think?

exturbo6 08-16-2005 09:01 AM

well i am getting rid of my car and i just put back my stock springs and the car rides pretty good.

what are you going to get?

Pharoh 08-16-2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by exturbo6
well i am getting rid of my car and i just put back my stock springs and the car rides pretty good.

what are you going to get?

92-95 hatch or coupe and a bike.

exturbo6 08-16-2005 09:06 AM

o i c. thats cool. how come if you dont mind me asking?

Pharoh 08-16-2005 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by exturbo6
o i c. thats cool. how come if you dont mind me asking?

tired of it I guess. I've had it built all up once before and then parted it out...then I sorta stated again and just couldn't get into it. I used to ride motoX and always wanted to try sport bikes....now that one of my good friends has been riding for a couple of years I have someone to ride with...dunno, just want a change. the older civic is for rain/snow.

Berg_Tomaru 08-16-2005 09:11 AM

I suggest you to go for stock height, much easier to sell and you'll get more money from parting out also :)

kasimmmmm 08-16-2005 09:17 AM

yeah put up the car before you sell it. I would do it because modified cars are considered unreliable so if the suspension has been modified, potential buyers will consider that and not want to purchase it, or might not like the way a lowered car drives.

KnocturnalEM2 08-16-2005 12:25 PM

I would return it to stock...good choices for your new rides!!! I wanted a bike for a while, cant afford one right now!!

djmota 08-16-2005 12:56 PM

back to stock. you will have a much bigger customer base than with a powered car.

Pharoh 08-16-2005 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by djmota
back to stock. you will have a much bigger customer base than with a powered car.

so you saying I should pull the motor out and put the hamster back in? :giggle:

j/k

04|5spdCivic 08-16-2005 02:43 PM

lol that was funny^^ i was like wtf does that mean "powered car" then i realized he meant lowered. lol. i thought you could get more money for a modified car? because so many people are modding now that they look for cars dropped with rims. i dont think im gonna bring my car back to stock when i sell it unless you guys really think you can get more money after parting it out.

CenZ 08-16-2005 02:55 PM

you can def get more for a non lowered car. can then you are able to sell it to ANYONE. when the car is modded you only have a normally teenagers and people in their young to mid 20s. lowers the amount of people you can sell to. so you will take anything you can get for it.

djmota 08-16-2005 07:38 PM

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :_doh: LOWERED . :lol: at least the l and p key are close together.