Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Please NO street racing!!(56kgoaway) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/223817-please-no-street-racing-56kgoaway.html)

drunkenmagnum 08-13-2005 06:45 PM

finally!! a evo i can afford

TeRRoRiFiC35 08-13-2005 07:40 PM

im guessin he was racing on a public street, WHICH IS ****ING STUPID.... there is a difference between street racing and road racing, n road racing is stupid. Street racing is in a more controlled area, where there is no oncoming traffic or having to weave in n out.

gearbox 08-13-2005 07:54 PM

watch out guys if you see me on the road. If you're racing and endangering lives, you better believe the cops are getting called on you.

edicivic2k1 08-13-2005 08:28 PM

did the pictures disappear, or is it just me?

i just see those red x'ss

dam that was weird, now i see the pictures. hmmm...

_Viper_ 08-13-2005 08:39 PM

Juat imagine..Everyone says Civics especially 7th gen vics are slow.. I bet if we all had evos there would be alot more crashes like that..Im pretty happy to have a 127 HP civic. Because i have a lead foot and if i was in an evo id probably be dead...
Thats a bad crash...

DaMadScientist 08-13-2005 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by jhonsok
wow man.
So many people think they're invincible behind the wheel, its true, when your going that fast, and the adrenaline is pumping, sometimes the least thing that crosses your mind is, what if something happens, and i lost control? Anything can happen in a split second. And when your going 100 MPH+, theres almost no chance of gaining control once you've lost it already, your just going to slide into something.

A few years ago an Integra lost control and almost killed 3 people close to me..

Those people are very fortunate (Evo Driver, and his girlfriend)..as well, if your going to street race, or drive in ways that put peoples lives in danger..don't do it with passengers in your car, especially your girlfriend..family..anybody really close to you.

The scary thing is, what if your driving along safely and a streetracer loses control and actually hits you going so fast, with your family members, g/f whoever in your car

Robb989 08-13-2005 11:25 PM

to hell with evo's their overrated, Civic's have safety and style....yummy!

WhiteCastle 08-13-2005 11:35 PM

ehh Ive seen worse.. ive seen a wrx at the bottom of a cliff in the canyon.
Moral of the story isnt street racing.. You drive fast your going to crash and the faster you go the more nasty tis going to be.
There will allways be idiots in fast cars dieing doing stupid shit

scansel912 08-14-2005 12:13 AM

I vouch that we don't allow people to post "kill" stories on the street and about their street racing experience because it just puts an unsafe message to those 15-16 year old immature kids that "hey alot of people street race even the moderators on the site do it, why don't I try it out."

I know its extreme and alot of people will probably do it anyways but if it prevents one person from killing themselves, its worth it.

gearbox 08-14-2005 12:17 AM

i agree. alot of people on the site are still teens that just got their license. Then they watch fast and the furious, come on this site, and go out acting crazy. I see it all the time.

monty001 08-14-2005 12:26 AM

Yeah....you guys do have a point. Sometimes sitting here, someone will read something and be like "wow...my civic can do that?" so they might go try it. its not just the 15-16 yr olds....could be the older guys too (sorry guys, im one of the 'older guys' too). so yeah...its best if those stories aren't put up.

MajinB 08-14-2005 12:30 AM

i think people like the "rice" scene a little too much. and yes as all others said, that is a really bad thing to see. i don't understand how the windshield didn't cut them into pieces. and why its still on the car. i think that if a teen got there license and their parents go buy them an EVO, thats asking for trouble. i had a slow buick to learn off of. now i have the vic to have fun with. i also see this crap all the time. parents buy the fast mustang GT or v6 eclipse or firebird and the kid wrecks it in a few months and the parents are suprised. my kid is gettin a slow assed vic. and i would dump that guy as soon as i woke up if i was his gf. moron

WhiteCastle 08-14-2005 12:34 AM

eh wouldn't worry about this site much. if you have the knowlege and money to swap a k20 , you know how to respect speed. As for the d17's there slow as hell which helps stop teenagers

gearbox 08-14-2005 12:35 AM

yea but you can still go 100+mph in a civic, and lose control, and kill someone. Doesn't matter what kind of engine it has.

MajinB 08-14-2005 12:36 AM

my point was that the vic is more controllable power cause its not as much power on tap as other cars teens get. that makes alot of the difference.

WhiteCastle 08-14-2005 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by MajinB
my point was that the vic is more controllable power cause its not as much power on tap as other cars teens get. that makes alot of the difference.

agreed

rEkKaShInObI 08-14-2005 12:59 AM

street racing is a thrill once in a while, but there will ALWAYS be a risk