Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   how much can i sell my civic for? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/223314-how-much-can-i-sell-my-civic.html)

NEWARK-aveP-NJ 08-09-2005 01:23 PM

how much can i sell my civic for?

hey everyone, Im looking to possibly sell my car if its worth it or not.. and was wondering what my car would be able to go for.. i saw some similar civics on ebay going for a pretty good price tag....

its a 2002 Civic Ex, 6sp manual tranny (type r) with K20A motor (type r) ~30K miles on the engine, hasport engine mounts, Stage 3 (clutch master's) clutch, Greddy Evo exhaust..

appearance: R33 Front and back bumper, zenon sides, type r looking spoiler, 16" enkei rims, toyo tires, M3 mirrors, 15% tint...

(the paint job isnt at its best, but car functionability is great)

Let me Know how much you think I can ask for this car please, thanks. (really dont wanna sell this because i LOVE it, but if the price is right it can get me out of bankruptcy)

slicksivik 08-09-2005 02:08 PM

sell ur engine seperate and then sell ur car stock. make more money

FALKEN 08-09-2005 02:12 PM

moved to the Member's Rides Talk forum

KnocturnalEM2 08-09-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by slicksivik

^^Exactly!! Better off that way!!

dj02 08-09-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by slicksivik

this would be a good plan because you can sell it to a dealer or trade it in.

NEWARK-aveP-NJ 08-09-2005 03:21 PM

the option to sell it separately isnt possible, i sold the old engine and tranny. and wiring had changed a lot... Is there no point selling it as is? if thats the case then im keeping the car. (to much invested)

thanks, im still looking for more replys though and can some1 give me ~number please for this car

KnocturnalEM2 08-09-2005 03:43 PM

There is no way you could get how much was invested for the car...jmo! However, I would say in the range of 15-17k is how much I would think...I know you have wayyy more invested!! However, you could try to list it on Autotrader or E-Bay for more...maybe someone will see what you got and know what is invested and go for it!! Just my .02!

sweeteli99 08-30-2005 02:19 PM

an ssm k20a2 turbo sold a couple of months ago on ebay for 15k.

TeRRoRiFiC35 08-30-2005 07:04 PM

i never seen that car up at P

hustlelikem0fo 08-30-2005 07:13 PM

find someiwth with a civic, trade your civic for theirs plus $$$ and sell or trade in the stock civic

sweeteli99 08-30-2005 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
find someiwth with a civic, trade your civic for theirs plus $$$ and sell or trade in the stock civic

hehe, i'd do that in a minute! :sweet:

blouisgod 08-30-2005 08:46 PM

basically when you do that much work to a car no matter what it is, you can never expect to gain money off of it. you always have to return the car to stock and part out in order to come out of the deal with some money. the best you can do is post of modifier car sites and hope to get a little bit over what someone would pay for a stock civic.

-or- trade it for a stocker and cash then get rid of the stocker.

jttegx 08-30-2005 09:35 PM

honestly, if i were looking for a car and this interested me most, i would offer 8-9g assuming it was a professional done swap, clean title, all paperwork, etc. but that you said the paint is only fair, that could bring the overall value done.