Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Installation Time (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/220796-installation-time.html)

drew22mader 07-22-2005 08:15 AM

Installation Time

Well my Kaminari Lip Kit is done being painted and I'm going to pick it up today. I'm wondering what I need to do or if i need to do anything to prep the car to install it. What tools i will need for it also. I have the Type B front lip, Kaminari sides and Kaminari rear. Please give me some steps to installing this, its my first time installing a lip kit of any kind.

flipmoderacer02 07-22-2005 10:42 AM

the paint shop cant do it for you? look at your type b front lip and it should be the same way. Two screws on each side and there are probably screws underneath as well

drew22mader 07-22-2005 10:44 AM

Its not an actual paint shop, I know the guy who paints for my local Honda and he has his own shop and he said he doesn't have enough time to put it on, and i've heard its not that hard, so why spend $100 - $150 to get it installed?

Logan3024 07-22-2005 12:17 PM

With the kaminari, it comes with double sided 3m tape (the good stuff) youll be able to get it on with just the tape, once you have everything where you want it then you can put in some screws in to hold it more securly. make sure that the spot where tape is going in SPOTLESS or else the tape will not stick, i used some rubbing alcohol get get rid of any grease or anything like that. GL

Logan3024 07-22-2005 12:17 PM

Fitment is so good it basically installs itself.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 07-22-2005 02:11 PM

Pretty much what dizzle said but make sure you got an extra set of hands to help you align everything before you stick it on the car.. OH and I would get a can of Acetone and clean all the spots on the car where the double sided tape is gonna adhere to to make sure they are free of was or any other chemicals to ensure a proper adhesion to the metal or plastic... JMO...

hustlelikem0fo 07-22-2005 02:15 PM

My suggestion as always is to loet someone who has done it before install it..... everything seems easy in theory but when you get down to it its not that easy.

I would only install the side skirts my self but the rear lip and the front where there is a curve I would let a body shop do it.

Wolfgang5884 07-22-2005 02:22 PM

damn, nice to hear that....good luck...I'm sure it's gonna look nice

XTREME2K2CIVIC 07-22-2005 02:29 PM

Disagree Mofo.... Just do it man... Its a little nerve racking at first trying to get everything to line up but hell at least you'll know once you get it done you'll have no trouble later on doing it again if you have to... I'm a DIY'er I like knowing if anything messes up I can fix it myself.. But thats just me oh and it saves you cash too...

drew22mader 07-22-2005 08:20 PM

Well I got the front on and there is a little gap on the right side, 3m tape i bought isn't doing the trick, but the rear is awesome, i can't seem to get the sides to butt up against it perfectly, i'm just gonna let someone install the sides, and fix the front.

Logan3024 07-22-2005 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Well I got the front on and there is a little gap on the right side, 3m tape i bought isn't doing the trick, but the rear is awesome, i can't seem to get the sides to butt up against it perfectly, i'm just gonna let someone install the sides, and fix the front.

Your using the RED double sided tape correct?

drew22mader 07-22-2005 11:09 PM

Yea, we bought it from Advance Auto, 3M Red Double Sided tape

drew22mader 07-23-2005 09:48 AM

When installing the sideskirts do you put screw under the car?