Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   i love when people use pics without asking (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/216599-i-love-when-people-use-pics-without-asking.html)

PICHY 06-16-2005 06:45 PM

i love when people use pics without asking

check it out i email these people for taking my cars pic of our website without permision anyone recognizes their car here?

http://buyspoilers.com/BODY%20KITS/b...civic933ar.jpg

http://buyspoilers.com/BODY%20KITS/b...01-03%20BK.htm

civic01vtec 06-16-2005 06:49 PM

wtf......i would be so pissed

what did they say ????

taz757 06-16-2005 06:51 PM

The very top one is alluponu's ride.

The one with the Bomex front end is Esenem (I think that's his name).

PICHY 06-16-2005 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
wtf......i would be so pissed

what did they say ????

im still waiting on a REPLY

boombazokajoe91 06-16-2005 06:58 PM

can they do that ?

Hayz 06-16-2005 06:59 PM

damn thats Fvcked up....

PICHY 06-16-2005 07:02 PM

i told them that if they want we can work this out...
and that i also saw that the sponcer.... i said that if they didnt wanna work nothing out then remove the pic...lol... hey doesnt hurt to try

chicohonda02 06-16-2005 07:06 PM

Kick Some Ass

IrockCivics 06-16-2005 07:13 PM

damn thats crazy

kasimmmmm 06-16-2005 07:18 PM

hey isn't that your car?

PICHY 06-16-2005 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
hey isn't that your car?

yeah man
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/485252

jfan 06-16-2005 07:48 PM

They are trying to flatter you hehe. They better take it off at your request though.

Al Gore FTW 06-16-2005 08:02 PM

yeah, thats ****ed up

gaugeof12 06-17-2005 01:18 AM

I hope you get something done about it. I thought it was pretty fuxed-up when I saw your car. Good luck!!

HondaNation 06-17-2005 01:27 AM

****ing kill them! and off topic...wtf paul wall is alive ^^^? :giggle:

PICHY 06-17-2005 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by gaugeof12
I hope you get something done about it. I thought it was pretty fuxed-up when I saw your car. Good luck!!

i emaild them bro.... good looking out lets c what happens

Aznnp77 06-17-2005 02:27 AM

I dunno about you guys, but I'd be flattered if someone used my car for their web site. That's probably the way they feel about it. I realize it is illegal, and it's the principle of it, but I'd be happy. If you don't want a web site to publish your car's picture on their site, then you have all the right to be mad.

eklipz 06-17-2005 02:31 AM

^thats not the point...im sure pitchy would not have had a problem if they asked, but they didnt....they just took it.

justplainbad 06-17-2005 02:37 AM

I remember reading about this a few times on this website, actually, if memory serves me correctly, most of the time the company replies back negatively, basically denying that it is your car. Then multiple E-Mails go abck and forth with the owner having to prove the ride is theirs. To save some time, I would take a picture, with your car, and something like a sign with your name on it, and the websites name on it, proving once and for all undeiniably that the car is yours.

THat is if memory serves me correctly, but I remember, this never works out well for the car owner.

PICHY 06-17-2005 03:18 AM

http://zgcarclub.com/members/isaac/P5220051.jpg
here is the pic they took off my website
and i also have it in high resolutin oll post when i get home

drew22mader 06-17-2005 07:20 AM

Pichy2G, have you heard anything yet from them? Hopefully they can work with you and maybe your get something out of the deal. But if not then i would be pissed. Its nice to know that they chose your car out of millions of others but at the same time they are using you for advertisement and your not making a cent.

draganjr 06-17-2005 07:38 AM

Is your picture (of your car) copyrighted on your website? If not then they can do what ever they want with it, but if it is you can sue them!

I hope you get something out of it, also be nice, it pays to be nice.

Also take a printscreen of their website with your car on it for legal reason, just in case. They should be giving you money to, i think. I will try to contact my sister, she is a lawyer.

PICHY 06-17-2005 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Pichy2G, have you heard anything yet from them? Hopefully they can work with you and maybe your get something out of the deal. But if not then i would be pissed. Its nice to know that they chose your car out of millions of others but at the same time they are using you for advertisement and your not making a cent.

this is what they said

hello.... we really don't know how we got these pictures due to because we have recently bought buyspoilers.com from someone else.... we love your car though..... clean..... right now we're pretty swamped with sponsorships at this point.... the best i can do is either take the picture of the internet (but, please send in a picture of your car for proof) or we can place your vehicle under the racer's ride with your permission of course and list down your vehicle history and specs and hopefully help promote your vehicle..... thanks again for your time and let me know what you want to do....

thanks!!!

jason

oh!!! what state are you in????

PICHY 06-17-2005 03:34 PM

what do u all think

Ashhole 06-17-2005 03:45 PM

well at least they werent *******s about it. id let them list it in the members rides. if you get enough people saying how much they like your whip, then maybe you'll get the sponsorship then.

xian 06-17-2005 03:47 PM

You're making a big deal out of it. I don't see what the point of this thread really is. If you're trying to make some quick cash...get a job.

The whole copyrighted/patents is getting way out of hand in the U.S. these days. It makes me sick.

blouisgod 06-17-2005 03:54 PM

hah that razzi and bomex kitted rides are members here too.

D17thgen 06-17-2005 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by xian
You're making a big deal out of it. I don't see what the point of this thread really is. If you're trying to make some quick cash...get a job.

The whole copyrighted/patents is getting way out of hand in the U.S. these days. It makes me sick.

as stated eariler, this isnt the point. its the fact that another stole his property and using it for sales/advertisement without permission.

after reading that email, i had a thought. first was "once you send him another photo of that car, hes gonna then use that one". the guy man seem nice over the net, but you should do that AND have a sign showing your email and whatnot. pretty much, if you send in another photo to them to prove thats your car, make it obvious so he or she cant use it (again).

option 2: have your vehicle under rides. but that site isnt that much of a fuss to brag about. "oh, my ride can be seen at super high spoilers.com"
i say ask them to remove your photo

PICHY 06-17-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by xian

wtf are u talking about? did i even once mentioned cash here.. these people stole u can say STOLE the pic of my car out of my website, put their water marks on it like its theirs and using it to advertise the bodykit WITHOUT MY PERMISION. as for a job i work with aerospace industry fixing the hot section of the aircraft engines so dont talk to me about jobs burger boy..if you dont see the point of the thread then read through it again u might have missed something.

put it this way its like me going to ur crib and taking your ps2 without permision or even knowing about it.. and getting rich of that.. charging people $$$ to play it.. how would you feel knowing its yours?

yes i could have still done it but it would avoid PROBLEMS if i just simply asked you to use it and tell u what its being used for...

comprende socio

dru106 06-18-2005 01:14 AM

At least the guy didnt put ur car up for sale like the other guy in the site :giggle: