Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I actually beat someone!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/215921-i-actually-beat-someone.html)

Rennen 06-12-2005 12:16 AM

I actually beat someone!!!

ok heres the story. my friend's a cool dude, but when you talk to him, you'd think he owns a 1000whp supra or something. the problem is... he has a sentra. no, not the 2.4 liter new sentras, but the 1.6 liter 110hp DOHC. he swears that his car can beat anything because he "has a DOHC, intake, headers, and exaust." all no name brands off ebay btw.

anyways, he had just put on his "new" 17 inch rims, and his car "will go faster because the wheels are bigger". at this point i felt like punching him in the face. so he starts talkin :-bs: about hondas and how they're crappy econoboxes, and im thinkin... you have a f***ing sentra.

so i get tired of his crap and we line up on US-1 at the light. there are never cops there so thats were those people always race. so we're waiting for the light and when it turns, he does a nasty burn out and stalls out his engine. whereas im like a block ahead of him because im not an ass that peels out every chance i get.

so we line up again. this time we wait for the light. i rev my car up to 4500 rpm, and when the light turns green, i launched perfectly. and this a-hole still tried to burn out. and stalled out again.

so at this point i was getting really annoyed. i told him to not try to do that fast and furious stuff and just race. so we line up for the last time. the light turns green, i chirp tires on the launch and we were finally off. i flew through first gear, pulled on him though second, he caught up a little in third, but it was over by fourth. when i hit 115 mph or so he just gave up so i guess i won :rofl:.

i havent hear him talk shit about my for about 3 days... it feels great to know that there is a car out there that is slower than a stock 7th gen sedan :p .

Ashhole 06-12-2005 12:21 AM

lol

its nice to just shut some people up soemtimes. Make sure you point out all the crap he was talking, when you tell everyone how you beat him too :clap:

Rennen 06-12-2005 12:39 AM

yeah. he said he wants to run me again after he gets his "performance chip" :roflmao: :giggle: :hithead:

PennyKnotOff 06-12-2005 12:58 AM

I beat my friends 04' sentra. He wanted to race because he has a 1.8 and I have a 1.7 there for he's faster :_please: . His sentra was auto so I took him pretty bad in my 5spd. Good kill though :tup:

Al Gore FTW 06-12-2005 01:10 AM

good kill...my friend has a 95 240sx automatic...when he got it he started talking mad shit about civics (he used to have a 90 sedan auto), but we raced at the track a few weeks ago, i got him by about 2 cars both times. its nice to shut people up sometimes.

Al Gore FTW 06-12-2005 01:11 AM

except that probably wont happen when he gets his sr20det

A.ShabazJenkins 06-12-2005 01:30 AM

good kill...but street racing = bad

CuRiOuSfIsH 06-12-2005 01:36 AM

how new is the sentra? is it B15 chassis? If so, that would be DOHC1.8L

noVICe 06-12-2005 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by silver04
except that probably wont happen when he gets his sr20det

hahah.... i dont think its possible, this guy had all ebay parts i/h/e. :_doh: he should have gone with autozone parts... he'd take you out :giggle:

btw.... nice kill umysugarmami, i hate people like that; people with even shittier econoboxes... not saying that vics suck but just in general. ;)

zen_master 06-12-2005 10:10 AM

lol....good kill..

man, u were doing 115 mph?

i'm so glad that YOU are here to tell us that story....not some local-news.com website talking about yet-another speed contest tragedy..........in US-1 :lol:

Rennen 06-12-2005 11:14 AM

yeah... this was at like 4 am so there was NOBODY around. i wouldnt dream of doing that in the day. and he had a '93... soooo...

paradoxblue 06-12-2005 01:50 PM

lols

modoman 06-12-2005 02:14 PM

you can also beat geos!

white2K2EX 06-12-2005 03:48 PM

Oy vey. I'll never understand why people are proud of these kind of wins. Nearly stock econobox vs. nearly stock econobox in a straight line... wooo.

PennyKnotOff 06-12-2005 05:13 PM

Cause it's people that like to talk sh*t even though they drive another form of "econobox." I know my civics slow. He swore up and down his sentra was faster then his civic. He raced and beat him and took him down a notch. I say good for him. My not be nascar races or anything like that. :shrug:
Although 115mph is excessive and dangerous. I say save that kinda driving for the track...