Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My new car in September (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/215256-my-new-car-september.html)

exturbo6 06-07-2005 01:31 PM

My new car in September

MY NEW CAR

I just want to get the this option ( black leather recaro race seats). and the sunroof package.

then ill save for a couple months and buy the helix 3 inch turbo back exhuast,hks race cams, nisem intercooler, upper and lower IC piping, the small battery so i can get a nice straight pipe from the intercooler to the TB. and a boost contoller. tein coloivers.

i like the silver, with black leather.

I had my mom call the insurance company and see how much it would be for her to put it under her name being that i have 10pts. so for the year under my moms names it would be $1638 a year.

I was thinking of a RSX-s but thats $1783 a year. so i think im going with the EVO.

Whats do you guys think? WHat would you go with.

es2k2 06-07-2005 01:34 PM

have fun with that monster

PoorCollegeBoy 06-07-2005 01:37 PM

I wouldnt get the leather, or the sunroof on a car like that purely because I would want to race it. Leather seats would be slippery for racing, and a sunroof is just extra weight, and lowers the chasis rigidity in a lot of cars.

exturbo6 06-07-2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
I wouldnt get the leather, or the sunroof on a car like that purely because I would want to race it. Leather seats would be slippery for racing, and a sunroof is just extra weight, and lowers the chasis rigidity in a lot of cars.

my boy has a electric blue EVO with the leather opt. and its 400hp and you dont move anywhere but get sucked into the seat. they are some sick ass seats bro. ywe gone 70mph around turns that you should be going 40mph and your in the seat not moving man.

exturbo6 06-07-2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by simony
have fun with that monster

thanks. im excited ina bout 3 months ill have a sweet car. :rockon:
and for 6k i can have alot of work done to a EVO and be rippin it down the track.

6k was just a rough est. less for about 415hp.

02boostlessCIV 06-07-2005 01:47 PM

i love the car's engine and exterior styling interior sucks though, get a 2000 s4 and do 13.6 on the 1/4 as well

exturbo6 06-07-2005 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 02boostlessCIV
i love the car's engine and exterior styling interior sucks though, get a 2000 s4 and do 13.6 on the 1/4 as well

the interior isnt that bad. it works for me. its plain and simple just how i like it. the outside is awsome. car looks so mean. :rockon: :rockon:

i would like to be doing 11's done the track or better with a EVO. MOre fun i think. :shrug:

aznboysrfr 06-07-2005 01:52 PM

welcome to the bandwagon

soonercivic 06-07-2005 01:56 PM

I had my mom call the insurance company and see how much it would be for her to put it under her name being that i have 10pts. so for the year under my moms names it would be $1638 a year.

I was thinking of a RSX-s but thats $1783 a year. so i think im going with the EVO.
with you on her policy or just with the car on her policy?

exturbo6 06-07-2005 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
welcome to the bandwagon

:giggle: :moon:

Hey ahah i just like that car alot and dont think iw ould really get into anything else but a STI but i dont even know about that. i drive my friends evo and its sweet. handles awsome, instint boost to 19psi. stock. barely laggy. and at 23lbs still the same so responsive.

but id like to test drive a STI just to see. BUt i feel the EVO. SIlver or white.

Civic_RedLine 06-07-2005 02:00 PM

wow, wonder why evos are cheaper in insurance, I mean, could it be cause of the awd drive that makes insurance companies feel better?

exturbo6 06-07-2005 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by soonercivic
with you on her policy or just with the car on her policy?

just the car on her poilcy.

exturbo6 06-07-2005 02:01 PM

AWD, 4 wheel disic brakes. 4dr safer then a 2dr. idk.

modoman 06-07-2005 02:05 PM

bastard. enjoy it. and no luxury options on a car like that!

soonercivic 06-07-2005 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by exturbo6
just the car on her poilcy.

if you arent listed as a driver and you drive on a regular basis you wont be covered. Non-listed drivers are only covered if they are driving on a "temporary" basis. Keep in mind, its up to the insurance company to decide what "temporary" means. So if its between paying your claim and not, well, we all know how fair insurance is. Also, if its financed, most loan companies require the insurance policy read the same as the loan.

NSXiboi 06-07-2005 02:08 PM

EVO is a pure race car. If you really want to make it a race car, strip the entire interior and add a roll cage.

eling99 06-07-2005 02:16 PM

traded my rsx for the evo...no regrets!!! the seats...o man...are they nice!!!

Titleist71 06-07-2005 02:22 PM

thats awesome...welcome to the AWD world.....hope it all works out!!!

CivicsRdBest 06-07-2005 02:29 PM

nice, but you better be willing to foot any thing that goes wrong. they have rejected a ton of warrenties...

exturbo6 06-07-2005 02:36 PM

if you arent listed as a driver and you drive on a regular basis you wont be covered. Non-listed drivers are only covered if they are driving on a "temporary" basis. Keep in mind, its up to the insurance company to decide what "temporary" means. So if its between paying your claim and not, well, we all know how fair insurance is. Also, if its financed, most loan companies require the insurance policy read the same as the loan.

ok well as of right now, my car insurance is for my dads car, a 2001 4dr civic. thats under me. now my casr the 2004 2dr ex civic is under my mom. so they pay for my car and i pay for my dad. b.c if i paid for my car with 10 pts id be paying 7k to drive a civic. so since we did it this way i pay for my dads which is 4k and i drive my car he drives his car. doesntmatter at all.

so wehn i get the EVO it will be under my moms. but its mine ill be driving it everyday. :rockon:

exturbo6 06-07-2005 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
nice, but you better be willing to foot any thing that goes wrong. they have rejected a ton of warrenties...

well my boy and his bro have the 4g63 engines. EVO and a 1g engine talon. 11's and less. :rofl: so if i need help they will help me. they work on there cars when it needs to be done.
plus this kid i use to play hockey with back in HS just got rid of his mazdaspeed turbo for a 92 talon. when its tuned hell be doing high 11's. so i htink ill be ok with that. i just cantg wait to have all that power behind you be **** with spuer charged stangs, sti's, cameros, z06's.

so cool. :D

thomusvoo 06-07-2005 02:41 PM

i would do it up the exhaust

exturbo6 06-07-2005 02:46 PM

:giggle:

soonercivic 06-07-2005 03:14 PM

well dont be surprised if you put it under your moms insurance and they dont pay a claim. just fair warning. by the way, good luck on the car!

eling99 06-07-2005 04:05 PM

here are some pics of my car...got it on friday
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=277165

eling99 06-07-2005 04:08 PM

sorry a little off topic...if anybody wants my new stewart warner gauges...ill let them all go for 230 shippe!!! check my sig

exturbo6 06-08-2005 07:09 AM

well dont be surprised if you put it under your moms insurance and they dont pay a claim. just fair warning. by the way, good luck on the car!

mmm well i had a claim for my 04 and its under my mom and i called my rents insurance and told them what was wrong with the car and they fixed what had to be done and there was no questions asked. they paid, idk thanks i cant wait. cant come soon enough.

HorrorSkopes 06-08-2005 10:26 AM

Congrats bro, it's a sick ride.

Im possibley looking to trade in my g35 for a evoIX and my ralliart for a o6 MK5 GTI :sweet:

Thou, ive been spoiled with the evo (been around it/drive it so much) that I just might keep the g35, and just trade the RA for the GTI.

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
welcome to the bandwagon

There's no such thing for a car like the 'evo' or even the STi. There pure enthusiast cars.

eddiechaps 06-08-2005 10:36 AM

Awesome bro :tup: :tup:

exturbo6 06-09-2005 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by eling99
here are some pics of my car...got it on friday
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=277165

awsome!! they look so nice. what are going plans for the car?