Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Photos of my new upgrades. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/214017-photos-my-new-upgrades.html)

dtrance 05-28-2005 09:33 PM

Photos of my new upgrades.

4 Attachment(s)
New wheels and HID kit from Impulse. The one photo of the lights isn't that great. They are the 5000k xtec kit in OEM housing. Hella glare! Actually im still seeing spots as I am typing this message. I had to point them way down. Considering new projectors but dont want to retrofit.

es2k2 05-28-2005 09:35 PM

very nice car...
let me know how you reduce the glare with the oem housing... i have the prolumen 6000k from Impulse

dtrance 05-28-2005 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im too in love with the oem headlights to replace them. Unfortunately the HID's are really bright and all over the place in them. I was driving my wifes Nissan Murano a few weeks ago and the peripherial vision with those HID's saved me from hitting a deer. So I though to myself hmmm maybe I need HID's for my civic too. Im not that extatic about the results. I can stare straight at the front of Murano and they dont blind me, yet you can see everything from the drivers stand point. It must be that crystal ball looking thing that elimnates the glare while maintaining the wide field of vision. Anyone know of a clever way to accomplish this on our civics without replacing the whole housing?

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 05-29-2005 12:15 AM

those are projectors.

armieo 05-29-2005 12:18 AM

crystal ball hah.

exclusive_vtec 05-29-2005 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by dtrance
Im too in love with the oem headlights to replace them. Unfortunately the HID's are really bright and all over the place in them. I was driving my wifes Nissan Murano a few weeks ago and the peripherial vision with those HID's saved me from hitting a deer. So I though to myself hmmm maybe I need HID's for my civic too. Im not that extatic about the results. I can stare straight at the front of Murano and they dont blind me, yet you can see everything from the drivers stand point. It must be that crystal ball looking thing that elimnates the glare while maintaining the wide field of vision. Anyone know of a clever way to accomplish this on our civics without replacing the whole housing?

you can retrofit them into your stock headlights.

dtrance 05-29-2005 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
those are projectors.

I realize they are projectors. I was asking if it was possible to achieve this without replacing my OEM housing. I guess it will be impossible to get good results unless I buy projectors. Without having to do anything ghetto to get the HID lamps to fit, what would you recommend?

FALKEN 05-29-2005 12:26 AM

i have the Xtec 5000K kit in OEM sedan housings and there isnt much glare :susp:

CivicS 05-29-2005 12:49 AM

can someone post night pic with their HID on.....cuz i just got Catz HID kit and ready to install on stock housing....worry about the glare too....

Mr.Modify 05-29-2005 08:11 PM

cool

dtrance 05-31-2005 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by FALKEN
i have the Xtec 5000K kit in OEM sedan housings and there isnt much glare :susp:

Are the sedan housings different from the coupe? What year is yours Falken?