Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   WHAT THE F**K!!!!! read this!!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/213934-what-f-k-read.html)

-sic*n3s- 05-28-2005 01:18 AM

WHAT THE F**K!!!!! read this!!!!!

Well as most of you that looked at the thread I posted about my seats, today I decided to go put the down payment 650 greenbacks. Ok so I was at my girl friend's house and it was later about 11:50. I left to what would be a the end to and awsome night. Ok about five mins. later I roll up to a stop sign. Usually I would have done a rolling stop but a car came so I was forced to a complete stop. I waited for the car to pass and then I looked both ways, not seeing anything, I pulled out. Just about got to the 3000 rpm when the rest of my night would come to what started a fu<Ked up night. A speeding lady in a piece of shit neon hit the side and front of my car. The stupid b1tch was drunk and being chashed by the cops!!!!! My cars driver's side from what I hear is all fu<ked up and the left front of my car is like gone. I didn't get out of the car cuz my neck was killing me from wipelash. But from what I hear from friends and my mom, my car is fu<Ked. Radiator was hanging out the bottom of the car, no headlights fender, and possible/mostlikely engine. So then I went to the hospital were my neighbor in the ER was dying and I'm gonna have a bangin' headache and no car for awhile. Thoughts, comments, suggestions on ways to get a better car or more money out of this stupid lady that end the rest of my summer for me. :cry: :cry: and the only mods I had were shaved emblems with lots potiental(custom seats).

ojay 05-28-2005 01:24 AM

holy shit, hope you're okay man.

hopefully you'll get a settlement out this, this is ****ed up.

Supermanrider 05-28-2005 01:25 AM

that sucks i dont know what to say but if they total your car out u can get cash for a down payment i believe for a new car but i think it also depends on how much you had left to pay off on your car but im not completly sure

LiKEaFeRiO 05-28-2005 01:49 AM

If you owe more than its worth I hope you have gap insurance.

Damn that is messed up...one time you decide to obey the law and it back fires on you...so funked up.

beegwally 05-28-2005 01:50 AM

Don't go to work, don't be a big man (no disrespect intended) and say that you are "fine" if you are not. The purpose of insurance is to put you back to the same place you were in before the accident. Which means fixing you and your vehicle. Your vehicle is fu*ked, that sounds like a given. There are 2 other things you need to concern yourself with and that is yor physical well being and your mental well being. If you are messed up physically then get it fixed, it may mean chiro, physio whatever. On the mental side I would highly suggest soime counseling for post traumatic stress. This is going to mess with your head a bit. What is goping to happen next time you drive etc. Also don't let the insurance company push you around. I don't know where you live but I am sure that drunk driving is a felony. Regardless of what the insurance company says this person was breaking the law so you are also the victim of a crime. Get a lawyer and find out your rights.
Just my humble...ok maybe not so humble opinion
Wally

chrisleecool 05-28-2005 02:04 AM

dang dude..
i'm soooo sorry to hear that ..:(

LiKEaFeRiO 05-28-2005 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by beegwally
Don't go to work, don't be a big man (no disrespect intended) and say that you are "fine" if you are not. The purpose of insurance is to put you back to the same place you were in before the accident. Which means fixing you and your vehicle. Your vehicle is fu*ked, that sounds like a given. There are 2 other things you need to concern yourself with and that is yor physical well being and your mental well being. If you are messed up physically then get it fixed, it may mean chiro, physio whatever. On the mental side I would highly suggest soime counseling for post traumatic stress. This is going to mess with your head a bit. What is goping to happen next time you drive etc. Also don't let the insurance company push you around. I don't know where you live but I am sure that drunk driving is a felony. Regardless of what the insurance company says this person was breaking the law so you are also the victim of a crime. Get a lawyer and find out your rights.
Wally

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a friend get hit by a car...YES hit by a freaking Lexus ES300.
He was knocked off his feet but managed to get up and told everyone he was okay...even the doctor at the hospital said he was fine.
He never took any legal action because he was okay and probably dumb.
But my point is he now suffers from severe back problems due to the crash.

I say get every penny you can. :rockon:

Stachmo 05-28-2005 02:05 AM

Jeff, I'm thanking God that you're alright...you have no idea how scared sh!tless I was when I got that call that you got hit. I'm just glad that when I got to the hospital everything was ok....

beegwally is totally right, milk this for everything its worth just so that something doesnt pop up a few days, weeks, or even years down the road.

ES2Guy 05-28-2005 02:15 AM

"So then I went to the hospital were my neighbor in the ER was dying and I'm gonna have a bangin' headache and no car for awhile. "

Is your neighbor okay. I am sorry to hear about what happened.

JCiv03 05-28-2005 03:25 AM

Damn man, that totally sucks.. But I wish you a speedy recovery. Hope everything works out smoothly for you.

Cjddrum1 05-28-2005 08:47 AM

this could be viewed as a positive thing....sue her for like 1 million pain and suffering + damages and any other shit u possibly can, then wait, wats that? vrrooom vrroommm skyline!

Hope everything werks out for yas

TeLLy 05-28-2005 08:58 AM

I hear about this kind of stuff all the time. IMO this woman shouldn't even have her license. Hell, I don't really think she should still be free. Before she goes to jail (drunk driving charges), get moola out of her insurance company for your car, and sue her for mental anguish and all that jazz. I'm not a fan of frivolous lawsuits but this was your CAR man. Squeeze her for all she's got.

R1Style 05-28-2005 09:38 AM

fvck dude... glad you're ok. Hope everything works out for you.

chknmnky 05-28-2005 09:56 AM

Yah man. Good to hear you are alive. Take it to court and everything.

Umm....by the way....you aren't looking to sell those seats now are ya? :)

j/k

nickm748 05-28-2005 10:01 AM

dam that sucks man, sue that bitch

Black03civic 05-28-2005 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by beegwally
Wally

good advice listen to this man, glad your okay

-sic*n3s- 05-28-2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ES2Guy
"So then I went to the hospital were my neighbor in the ER was dying and I'm gonna have a bangin' headache and no car for awhile. "

Is your neighbor okay. I am sorry to hear about what happened.

neighbor meaning the person next door to me on the other bed.

paradoxblue 05-28-2005 12:36 PM

wow ****ing sucks dude

yeah listen to beeg he knows wut he is talkign about

take ehr for everything youc an and whent hey turn around and say "wellt eh value of the car was" say NO wait.. willt hat value put me in my EXACT car, EXACT year witht he ame exact milage
and since it wont u demand more. then sue for pain and suffering.t ake some time off work.. even if youd ont hurt A LOT right now. trust me. the pain comes :|
take some time off work/school or what ever and just lay n bed.
while doign this. find a lawyer. talk to the lawyer and go after her and her insurance company

the last thing you want to do is tuf it outlike your ok and then be hooped in a week when your hurt and everyone thinks your faking it for money

BTW

post a pic!

-sic*n3s- 05-28-2005 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by chknmnky
Yah man. Good to hear you are alive. Take it to court and everything.

Umm....by the way....you aren't looking to sell those seats now are ya? :)

j/k

actually I went to the shop to tell them what happened and I put the order on hold. Maybe I need to switch the order for RSX seats! :D

chknmnky 05-28-2005 12:52 PM

Dooo EEEt!

paradoxblue 05-28-2005 02:15 PM

hahaha get money@ and pics!

y.0. KiLLa 05-28-2005 09:27 PM

damn sry about what happened..best of luck to ya and rape that hoe on all shes got..:)

my1vtec 05-28-2005 09:51 PM

sue that hoe and get a better car, glad ur okay

-sic*n3s- 05-29-2005 08:28 AM

So wait do I tell them that I want exactlly what I paid for the car and not the value of it now?

edicivic2k1 05-29-2005 09:06 AM

A) get a lawyer
B) get better, what ever it takes

you will feel better if you get a lawyer who will look after your best interests. imo, you should come out of this with medical bills paid, healthy, new car no strings, and a settlement. This was not your fault, so the suffering should not be yours.

good luck.

paradoxblue 05-29-2005 02:20 PM

yeah dont settle get a lawyer and ask him wut he should go for

also u make the lady pay the lawyer so it doesnt cost u to have one! haha

she pays alle xpenses the faster she settles the cheaper

-sic*n3s- 06-02-2005 07:08 AM

update: AS of yesterday the insurance guys came out to take a look at the car and from what they saw, just for exterior expenses it would be around 6700 in damages. That number is without looking at the damage to the engine or to the underbody. Also yesterday my girlfriend's dad who is a cop told me that the lady was in jail for DUI and that it is definitely her fault.

fergsonfire 06-02-2005 09:03 AM

well its good to here that they got her. I unfortunately had something similar happen to me a few years back in my 96 vic. I got hit by a tow truck doing 70 on the freeway and ran into a guard rail. unfortunately from the vic the only things they could save were the roof and the stereo everything else was destroyed. I did not take time to get better and still have neck and back problems to this day. Whats even better is I got a ticket for being in one of those carpool lanes in wa state even with the tow truck driver being drunk and saying he swerved to avoid hitting the person in front of him. Do what you can in court. If you have missed any work days or incurred any medical expenses, go after that money and also get her to pay lawyers fees. Talk to the lawyer on what you can do to get pain and suffering and get them to pay what you paid for the civic, also if you modified it there is a chance that you can get them to pay for that stuff too if it is classified as a show car, but I think you need proof that it was a show car or something. Either way, get as much money as you can. You were the victim of a drunk driver, most states will happily ream the drunk driver for as much cash as possible.

Kyle23 06-02-2005 09:12 AM

The longer you wait the more $ you get. If you have follow ups at the Doc or any other injuries just wait on the settlement (at least until the end of the summer) Keep track of your gas miliage to and from the hospital/ physical thearapist and get $ for stupid shit like that also. Squeeze that bitch! Hope u get better quickly!

noestitch 06-02-2005 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle23
The longer you wait the more $ you get. If you have follow ups at the Doc or any other injuries just wait on the settlement (at least until the end of the summer) Keep track of your gas miliage to and from the hospital/ physical thearapist and get $ for stupid shit like that also. Squeeze that bitch! Hope u get better quickly!

^^^^good advice

my mother-n-law and wife were in an accident like 2 months ago. Mother-n-law settled for like 1k (f.u.cken stupid). She sustained no injuries which is good but my wife got a minor neck injury that still bothers her to this day. My wife hasn't settled with them yet cause she is still going to doctors, therapist, etc. etc. So far the insurance company is paying for everything (well over the 1k mark), and she still hasn't settled lost wages, damages, emotional distress, etc. etc.

But do get a lawyer. My wife got one, they are great help. Makes less stressful on the situation.