Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Help me with my new civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/212977-help-me-my-new-civic.html)

Chun_Kit 05-19-2005 03:48 PM

Help me with my new civic

Hey..i'm a new member to this site..finally got authenticated and stuff...
Well here is the thing, i got my civic a couple of months ago..its the 05 civic sedan..its the charcoal gray color and it has tints on it... The back three have limo tints...and the front two have dark medium tints... Now here's my goal... make my car look nice this summer...
So far everything is stock, i was suppose to get my v2 Intake, but yeh..stupid cops gave me a ticket and that got postponed...so i'm planning to start by next month... my question is...how should i start?... thing is, i dont want to really get a new kit for my car...maybe sideskirts...i'm trying to make my car look more like a sleeper, so i'm probably not going to change the piping on my car, maybe a muffler tip...but i'm not sure...my friends are encouraging me to engine swap, which is prolly better...i might get one of the type R civic engine but i dont know..what do you guys think i should do?... i'm more on performance, and even though my car might get prolly a little loud..i'm trying to reduce the sound as much as i can...so its not that noticable but i can still burn the hell out of other people...

-kit

es2k2 05-19-2005 03:53 PM

if you looking for performance, definitely an engine swap

flipmoderacer02 05-19-2005 03:56 PM

if you really want performance, do an engine swap or turbo

Rennen 05-19-2005 04:00 PM

intakes and other bolt ons give little to no power improvements on our engines. either turbo it or swap it out.

Kyle23 05-19-2005 04:19 PM

Did u just say that u want a D17 sleeper? If u do anything besides a swap or a turbo, your car wont be able to beat anything. U will turn into a sleeper becasue ur car will still be slow as hell. Oh, and another thing, if a ticket set u back then u have nowhere near the income needed to make a swap or a turbo.

beastiek2 05-19-2005 04:24 PM

your new here do some research do some reading...

Blahman240 05-19-2005 04:55 PM

You've got alot to learn boy....

dirtySAMURAI 05-19-2005 08:27 PM

the force is weak with this one.

Chun_Kit 05-19-2005 09:24 PM

well yeh i was planning to engine swap and add a turbo later....i just wasn't sure if i should do it first or not....but i already had in mind to for sure swap it and get a turbo ...either that or just get a turbo...what i wasn't sure was how to go at it first

y.0. KiLLa 05-19-2005 09:38 PM

get a drop, get an oem lip kit, black out ur headlights, hids...n some rims..n ur good to go...:)

diskreet 05-19-2005 09:51 PM

dont bother making the civic fast its not even worth the try.
engine swap = $7000+
turbo = $3000+ (and you wont get too much here)

so do what everyone else does and get a K20 engine swap or mod for looks/audio
actually I just spent 3 more hours working on my trunk...and I will hopefully finish it tomorrow.

Chun_Kit 05-20-2005 03:16 PM

well..i just want to fix up my civic for kicks...i dont plan to race it or anything..maybe just drive for fun down the mountain and see how fast it goes...i'm still trying to see how good my stock civic can go ....the best i've done is 22 minutes going down angeles crest (california) and like..my friends FC can make it in 16...and my other friend ken gushi can make it with my friends FC in less than that...i know i cant catch up to that time..but its just fun trying..but yeh...i'm not much of a dragger..i rather race my car down a mountain...its more exciting

PennyKnotOff 05-20-2005 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012

:lol:

dirtySAMURAI 05-20-2005 03:28 PM

let me ask this: where would you get the money to swap or turbo? you were born the same year as i was, and you just got your civic. that would mean that you have been saving your entire life, just so you can spend it on a worthless car; or, you are rich like that.

you said:

Originally Posted by Chun_Kit
i already had in mind to for sure swap it and get a turbo ...either that or just get a turbo...

now, does this mean you're 100% that you will swap and turbo? because "for sure" usually means 100%.

skipbarber 05-20-2005 04:33 PM

you picked the wrong car to try and "burn the hell out of other people" with. If thats what you want, either plan on spending lots of money on the above mentioned swap and/or turbo, or sell the car and start anew. Im surprised no one has said it yet, but search. You'll find lots of answers to your questions all over the forums. Welcome to the site, and don't be intimidated by people trying to chew you out. You guys are cruel to the newbs.

ciVictoria 05-20-2005 04:42 PM

Damn this dude is getting flamed.. But some advice Just save up some money for a swap if your into speed not sure if you want to do the audio for your car or not but if speed is what you want a swap is what you need to go for. For me personally I like turbo ;P Good luck with your ride.

ajhdragon 05-20-2005 04:48 PM

if you wanna go down a mountain fast i gues syou would have to make it handle well taht should get you down faster, so my advice to you suspension all suspension and good tires. ours cars respond great to suspension mods.

bamb00 05-20-2005 05:37 PM

save your money for future use boy, things like universities will do you well.

dirtySAMURAI 05-20-2005 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
if you wanna go down a mountain fast i gues syou would have to make it handle well taht should get you down faster, so my advice to you suspension all suspension and good tires. ours cars respond great to suspension mods.

wrong. if you want to drive down a mountain the QUICKEST way possible, drive off the edge. no need to waste money on suspension mods. you'll get from the top to the bottom in less than 2 minutes, guaranteed.

dirtySAMURAI 05-20-2005 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
you picked the wrong car to try and "burn the hell out of other people" with. If thats what you want, either plan on spending lots of money on the above mentioned swap and/or turbo, or sell the car and start anew. Im surprised no one has said it yet, but search. You'll find lots of answers to your questions all over the forums. Welcome to the site, and don't be intimidated by people trying to chew you out. You guys are cruel to the newbs.

we're just breaking him in, skip :)

Eclectic 05-22-2005 05:58 PM

yea i'm newb too :confused: (<<wears flame-resistant suit>>) and in the same situation that chun_kit is in... :hithead:

but yea, so either a swap or turbo or both is the way to go? also, what are the specific specs/name brands to look out for when getting an engine swap or turbo?
if i ever raised the money to do this (lol...) where/how would i get the necessary parts and where/how can i get this upgrade done?

btw, i drive the slow, low-end civic (5-speed '04 DX coupe 4 cylinder) i don't race but my main goal is to improve acceleration (which i guess correlates with increasing power, right?)

since i'm ultra-newb and new to the world of car-modding, etc. what are some threads that i should definitely read and study??

stype3 05-22-2005 06:03 PM

just buy a nos sticker and a type r sticker and you gain 15 horsepower..

zen_master 05-22-2005 06:23 PM

naw man..........don't really have to do anything with our car..

suspension is prolly the best one that you can feel......as is diabetic people enjoy eating sour food........LOL

neuspeed strut bar for beginning?

TemjinX2 05-23-2005 03:20 PM

if you can afford to do a swap then do it!!!!!

you can buy the suspension stuff for cheap later, on these boards. People are selling all the time, sometimes you can get really good deals.

Eclectic 05-23-2005 06:50 PM

if you can afford to do a swap then do it!!!!!
just wondering, how do i know what engine is good for the swap? any ideas? thanks

dirtySAMURAI 05-23-2005 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Eclectic
just wondering, how do i know what engine is good for the swap? any ideas? thanks

check the forced induction/swap forum. you will find plenty of information in the stickies

Eclectic 05-23-2005 07:07 PM

^ thanks :D

besides a swap/turbo, what are some essential basic performance upgrades?? all i can think of right now is intake. thanks again!

acidbaby 05-23-2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

acidbaby 05-23-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Eclectic
^ thanks :D

besides a swap/turbo, what are some essential basic performance upgrades?? all i can think of right now is intake. thanks again!

grounding kit, yellow top optima, revo short shifter, springs/shocks, Good tires. :tup: the revo you will like..

Eclectic 05-23-2005 08:58 PM

being the ultra n00b i am :rofl: , i found this site very useful
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-...od-channel.htm

lol

so yea, hopefully it helps other would-be modders out there :sweet:

too bad it's not as good as hands-on experience... :( :(