Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Do i really want to lower? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/212612-do-i-really-want-lower.html)

LowRYda03ex 05-17-2005 08:24 AM

Do i really want to lower?

I have a fiberglass octane body kit with 17 in rims wrapped in lo pros, and many of the members on here tell me that I should definitely get a drop, but I dont really want to because i think its expensive and impractical in my situation. I already have a hell of a time getting out of my driveway and pulling into curbs and such, and slamming it would just make this even more inconvenient. I would understand if i didnt have a kit or if i was just using my car for show, but other than that i dont get it.

clrumivier4life 05-17-2005 08:27 AM

who needs to park in the driveway?

diskreet 05-17-2005 08:59 AM

whatever makes you happy. if its not a true show car and you drive it alot, dont drop it.
if you dont drive it alot, then drop it!

R1Style 05-17-2005 09:10 AM

Honestly I think it looks weird if you don't drop it especially with what you have on your car. Maybe look into getting a mild drop if you're really worried about fvcking up your kit.
If not... hey it's your car so do whatever you feel like :)

jayvo2005 05-17-2005 09:34 AM

get the eibach pro-kit. 1" drop all around. That's not too much!

eye_see_you 05-17-2005 09:39 AM

I dropped mine and honestly its a better ride afterwards IMO

LowRYda03ex 05-17-2005 10:16 AM

I drive it all the time and scrape occasionally, a drop would just add to my list of things i already need to worry about

hustlelikem0fo 05-17-2005 10:37 AM

Our cars with big body kit, little 17 inch wheels and no drop look really weird. When you drop a car it ties everything in together and makes the car look as a whole instead of looking like it has a body way up in the air and then tiny wheels on the bottom. IMO, if you have a body kit a drop is a must.

Rennen 05-17-2005 11:14 AM

^agreed

LowRYda03ex 05-17-2005 11:20 AM

This is true, but personally id rather sacrifice a little bit of looks than losing my front bumper on a small curb :shrug:

paradoxblue 05-17-2005 11:38 AM

wut if u ahd 18s on a body kit would that fill the gap? im with him. im getting the boss/mobex body kit here soon. and i dont want to drop it to much cause where i live. the roads are hellish :|

and i have scraped my stock bumper coming out of some parking areas hahaha..

:|

jaredn 05-17-2005 11:43 AM

ya same here.... i just put on some neuspeeds that were a 1.5 inch drop. nothing too fancy but it looks good and handles better

ajhdragon 05-17-2005 12:35 PM

i'd say go with pro kit or somethign miminal like that i have a kit and on 17's with 40 series dropped on sportlines. and its way to low. but looks cool.

texascivic2k1 05-17-2005 01:05 PM

Hey I am were you are at too! I have a body kit with some 17" w/low pro's... And I thought that if I by larger rims it might fill in the gap a little bit more. I didn't. Well it did but not really noticable. Now I have 18" w/low pro's. It has raised up the car a little bit more. Put I am wanting to lower the car about a 1". And yes I am a every day driver and scrap occasionally. But at the end it will look good! Any questions just ask. Good Luck.

acidbaby 05-17-2005 01:56 PM

if you have fiberglass dont chance it... its not worth the 1 month the kit would last..

paradoxblue 05-17-2005 02:12 PM

and with fiber glass im worried it would go boom lol

just fill in your wheels

S2KREY 05-17-2005 02:28 PM

well its your ride, but id go with a 1-1.5 drop or ever GC so you can choose your ride hight

ajhdragon 05-17-2005 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by acidbaby
if you have fiberglass dont chance it... its not worth the 1 month the kit would last..

hey my kit lasted 2 months before i needed to do 2 major patch jobs.

slicksivik 05-17-2005 02:37 PM

well if ur worried aout scraping, then get a lip kit and drop it, they aren't as low as a full kit, plus u say u already scrape now. if ur scraping without a drop on 17's, i think u shouldn't drop it cuz u cant even drive it with it undropped and heaven forbid u drop it, ur gonna get messed it. ur not the person to drop ur car. a person who drops there car and has a kit is a person who is meticulous about there car and knows when to drive slow over things and how to get in and out of places and what not. they also kno how to go over potholes or where the potholes are and etc. dropping is a lifestyle, lol. u need to kno where u can and cannot drive and how to get places. in ur case, just keep ur car the way it is and dont complain about it looking out of proportion. i got a full kit and low profile 16's and im dropped like 2.5 inches and its very low and i kno how to get places and i never scrape. i go over speed bumps slowly or go on an angle and i kno how to drive it lowered. i think in ur case just keep it undropped and figure out how to drive with it that way cuz if ur scraping unlowered i dunno where u are driving. you gotta learn to not hit things or something. gl

slicksivik 05-17-2005 02:40 PM

oh yea fiberglass plus drop = no no! first thing u shoulda done was get a urethane kit. i got full urethane all around and i was dropped all winter and in the snow my car was just fine. not one problem. u just gotta get ur stuff in order and learn the roads and all that. i dont like the fiberglass cuz u hear stories of them breaking and what not and the other day i saw some kid who had a fiberglass bomex and he wasn't dropped and the whole front end was missing cuz he must of hit something. kids these days gotta learn to drive in there liimits.

gnat1000 05-17-2005 03:10 PM

I just dropped mine over the weekend. If you look at my ride you will see how big a gap i had with 17's and low pro's. I went with a skunk2 coilover kit with a camber kit. I got it about in the middle now, about a 2 finger gap with it and I dont have any problems scraping. I can slam it if I want but I wont do that til probably NOPI since I live in the country with dirt roads and such. You just need to be careful and know when to go sideways over a speed bump and such. But as far as your kit then I would worry about the front bumper. Mine is urethane so I'm not too worried about it. I didn't want to lower mine for the same reason but after about 6 months I just couldn't take it anymore. A dropped car looks sooooo much better than a stock ride. I'd drop it and if your bumper breaks then either fix it or get a urethane one.

acidbaby 05-17-2005 03:42 PM

just get a better tire size... my 215/45.17's fit perfect IMO with no drop.. but i am going to drop it again in 10 days or so :tup:

LowRYda03ex 05-18-2005 08:55 AM

Yea a drop definitely isnt for me, not now anyway. Its quite possible that one of these days my fiberglass kit will rip off somehow by some oncoming projectile and I can replace it with a lip kit or urethane and then consider a drop, but for now Im a high rolla and theres nothing you can say that will change my mind :)

2K1Civic17"Gabe 05-18-2005 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by clrumivier4life
who needs to park in the driveway?

I HAVE to park in the garage every night.

I will not ever leave my car out overnight, unless its in a gated/security/protected neighborhood

jeffsta17 05-19-2005 12:54 AM

BAG IT!!!!!!

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...igbear_004.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...igbear_007.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...igbear_003.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...igbear_009.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...gbear_0012.jpg

travjkytt 05-19-2005 01:03 AM

Bag it. Do it its looks sick, rides nice, and no dragging problems

SOHC 05-19-2005 02:41 AM

nah man dont do it.

think about it.

how many people are actually going to be able to see/care that your car is dropped? i mean- if you do drop it, you wont go more than 1.75" or so- no ones gonna be able to tell. dont drop it. your just asking for headaches.