Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Finally - Pictures of my New RIMS. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/212274-finally-pictures-my-new-rims.html)

Chowmane 05-14-2005 01:27 PM

Finally - Pictures of my New RIMS.

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some pictures of my ride.

I'm planning on getting a Body Kit (Maybe the Skyline R34 - not sure).

I also want to lower it (Thinking about Eibach ProKit since I will also have a body kit and using stock shocks).

I just need to get my New Greddy EVO2 Exhaust installed - maybe next weekend.

You either Hate it - Love it - Don't care - cuz I like it (for now).

Thanks,
Mike

gass03ex 05-14-2005 01:32 PM

just my opinion, lose the chrome rims, dont get a bodykit unless its the oem aero kit, lose the tailights. Greddy EVO2 get a thumbs up though.

Chowmane 05-14-2005 01:47 PM

Like I said - some may like - some may hate.

Yeah like I'm gonna spend $900 on rims and tires and then get rid of them cuz someone doesn't like it.

Like I said - some may like - some may hate. I like it and that's why I bought it. It's cool - everyone has there opinion - Yeah - can't wait to install the Greddy EVO2.

drew22mader 05-14-2005 01:52 PM

I would lower it first, then get the exhaust. Chrome isn't really my thing, and the euros just don't go great. Thats my opinion and i know you like it so do w/e

civicvtec1ps 05-14-2005 01:53 PM

Sorry, not my thing.
Chrome wheels on civics never look right.

Hayz 05-14-2005 01:59 PM

If you like it I guess that all that matters..... :shrug:

MiamiUgen7 05-14-2005 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps
Sorry, not my thing.
Chrome wheels on civics never look right.

I agree

es2k2 05-14-2005 02:48 PM

yuck....

but it's your car, glad you like it...

04RedCiVP 05-14-2005 02:52 PM

chrome rims belong on Escalades or Suburbans, not Civics - of course thats just my .02

Teh_Sare 05-14-2005 02:56 PM

congrats on the new rims! I've never really seen chrome rims on a civic before, as long as you like it thats all that matters! Good to see something different around tho!

civic01vtec 05-14-2005 03:11 PM

not a fan of chrome or the tails, but it is ur car :tup:

fixeruper 05-14-2005 03:46 PM

chrome = yucky

HondaSales 05-14-2005 03:54 PM

i don't have anything good to say so, i won't say anything at all. :)

Chowmane 05-14-2005 05:21 PM

Yeah - most people that don't like chrome are people that can't afford it - Hahahaha.

Just like some people who like black rims = Yucky. But who cares. I don't mind the comments - I like it.

I'm still thinking about getting a body kit - not sure which one though. I've seen the Avenger on a 02 civic and it look pretty nice.

Later,
Mike

civic01vtec 05-14-2005 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chowmane
Yeah - most people that don't like chrome are people that can't afford it - Hahahaha.

wow, that was a shitty comment :tdown:

ZodCivik 05-14-2005 09:25 PM

Yeah like 900 dolla chrome rims are soooo expensive. Lol. In fact yours are cheaper than normal racing rims. (18's). But anyway, ur rims dont look that bad, ur car would look cleaner with 04 tails because the white reverse circle will match the rims. Lower it first, then think bout the bodykit.

jayvo2005 05-14-2005 09:29 PM

man..change those tails. change the rims. lip kit it! Drop it! My 2 cents

SOHC 05-14-2005 09:32 PM

yeah really. i spent like $1200 on my setup. adr gt sports & falken ziex tires.

i dont think anyone has anything good to say about your rims man. maybe with the drop itll shape up. they kinda look like oem focus rims, but chrome.

but, just like they all say- to each his own. please dont get the kit before the drop. i did it, i regret it.

good start!

Chowmane 05-15-2005 06:51 AM

When I say $900 cuz I got it from an inside deal. If you go to www.whalentires.com

They sell the rims for $179 each and the Falken 512 for $89 each = $1072.00 plus S/H and Lug nuts and Locking lug nuts = $1200.00

I just got a great deal - never pay full price for anything. Anyways I will take the advise and get the car lowered before the body kit.

Not that it matters but the rims look a lot nicer in person then on in the picture.

Later,
Mike

75shot 05-15-2005 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sare
I've never really seen chrome rims on a civic before

Then you've been very lucky...until now.

that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. if you were sitting on some 20" Lowenharts, HREs, or TIS, I might not have fallen over laughing.
those wheels are hideous, and i have a feeling that with your bodykit and euros you're going to continue making a decent car look hideous.

Let me hit you up with some knowledge:
Sell the chrome, immediately.
pick up some racing-style wheels maybe a clean six spoke or 7 spoke, gunmetal gray.
The money that you would have wasted on a body kit and paint,
pick up the Tein SS coilovers.
Drop will look hot, and you'll actually get a lot of performance for the money...
instead of dragging around a bunch of cheap chrome and fiberglass.
hope you take this to heart...because chrome on a civic is fundamentally wrong.

Bling bling.

edit: BTW, check out my sig. tiiiiiight.

jayvo2005 05-15-2005 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 75shot

Let me hit you up with some knowledge:
Sell the chrome, immediately.
pick up some racing-style wheels maybe a clean six spoke or 7 spoke, gunmetal gray.
The money that you would have wasted on a body kit and paint,
pick up the Tein SS coilovers.
Drop will look hot, and you'll actually get a lot of performance for the money...
instead of dragging around a bunch of cheap chrome and fiberglass.
hope you take this to heart...because chrome on a civic is fundamentally wrong.

Bling bling.

exactly!!!

R1Style 05-15-2005 08:54 AM

When I say $900 cuz I got it from an inside deal. If you go to www.whalentires.com

They sell the rims for $179 each and the Falken 512 for $89 each = $1072.00 plus S/H and Lug nuts and Locking lug nuts = $1200.00

I just got a great deal - never pay full price for anything. Anyways I will take the advise and get the car lowered before the body kit.

Not that it matters but the rims look a lot nicer in person then on in the picture.

Later,
Mike

$179 for chrome wheels are cheap. My new 5Zigen's are $250 a piece.
So yes I can afford chrome wheels but I'd rather not buy them.

Wolfgang5884 05-15-2005 09:28 AM

too much chrome for me

HondaGuy12 05-15-2005 09:42 AM

yeah the comment about chrome was wrong.. but if u like it thats all that matters man.. i have chrome and i get a hard time... but i do have a excuse.. i bought the car with them.. and im selling them soon for 800 so i kinda make out...

scatman 05-15-2005 09:44 AM

good way to start on the board......o and my set-up was 1200.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...utoFest001.jpg

chrome = :tdown:

Mdalicandro07 05-15-2005 10:04 AM

Not down with the bling, but its your ride, and I give you props for doin what u wanna do.

Chowmane 05-15-2005 10:08 AM

See to me black rims and gun metal rims are ugly - but that's my opinion. I'm not gonna rag on yah about it.

I did post it as Do you like my rims - I just said here's some pictures of my new rims. I not gonna act like a little high school kick and rag someone cuz I don't like chrome.

The comment about can't afford chrome was a joke - everybody chill out.

Either way I have this car for about another 4 years until my little girl get little older then it's time to upgrade - I like the WRX STi but not sure what it will be in 2009.

Later and chill out everyone!!

kasimmmmm 05-15-2005 10:09 AM

lookin' good! Can't wait to see the greddy evo...

jfan 05-15-2005 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 75shot
that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. if you were sitting on some 20" Lowenharts, HREs, or TIS,

Yep!

mykungfuisthebest 05-15-2005 10:20 AM

Just like some people who like black rims = Yucky. But who cares. I don't mind the comments - I like it.

I'm still thinking about getting a body kit - not sure which one though. I've seen the Avenger on a 02 civic and it look pretty nice.

Later,
Mike

haha i was going to be nice.... 40 pound chrome rims lets see... you might as well get some chrome spinner hubcaps and tie a refrigerator to your rearend because thats about the effect those rims give lol.

you will like those tails for awhile, till you start seeing them on every civic in your parking lot that only has chrome rims and clear tails.... ohh wait :_doh: :_doh: :_doh:

anyways im just playing... im just not into show stuff.... if it doest have some sort of positive benifit i bust on it :shrug: