Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Help Me Please!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/212058-help-me-please.html)

Hayz 05-12-2005 07:13 PM

Help Me Please!!!!

Ok I need help
whenever I turn my headlights on my right blinker arrow comes on(on the Dash) with out me doing anything it doesn't blink it just stays on and my right headlight blinker and marker light/parking lights is off on the headlight...
ok and when i hit my hazard buttom the lights don't blink but the ones the were not working on the right headlight come on(blinker/marker lights) and this is all happening without the car turned on....
When the car is on all the lights work but the blinker arrow on the dash is still on and the right headlight blinker and marker light is fading in and out and the car sounds like its fixing to shut down so what the hell is going on?!?!? :hithead: and the rear right blinker doesn't blink at all it just stays on when ever i turn the headlights on.....
What I dont understand is why its just the right side thats having problems and why the car is running funny when ever its parked or when i stop at a redlight when I'm driving it sounds great its just when I at a stop it sounds weird :confused:

booba5185 05-12-2005 07:22 PM

your blinker relay is grounding out or there's some sort of short to ground, try the relay first or something like that

Hayz 05-12-2005 07:26 PM

OK thank you REP for you!

booba5185 05-12-2005 07:39 PM

best way to tell is if when u turn on the Blinker if the relay gets warm/hot

Hayz 05-12-2005 07:43 PM

ok and would that also explain the car running funny in park?

CraigW 05-12-2005 07:53 PM

Sounds like a bad ground connection, Check the bulb and its ground that is not working first. Any recent work done ??

Hayz 05-12-2005 08:00 PM

the most recent work I did was my sidemarker lights which is spliced in to the blinker but I checked it first the ground and then i unhooked it and it still was fvckin up so now I'm stumped???

booba5185 05-12-2005 08:13 PM

yea, something grounding out definately

CraigW 05-12-2005 08:14 PM

If you turn only the parking lights on are the results the same ??

Do the new side markers work o.k. ??

Did this happen right after the wiring change/ markers added to wiring.

Maybe you are tied between the parking lamp and the signal lamp instead of ground ??

Hayz 05-12-2005 08:19 PM

Both Sidemarks work fine and I've had the sidemarks for awhile about 2 months atleast and this just started today and the only thing i did today is Emissions Testing and I passed fine could that have somthin to do with it?

CraigW 05-12-2005 08:30 PM

Well.... A good challenge. The voltage either has no path (poor connection or poor ground) or somehow voltage from one circuit feeding into another (short as mentioned)

I would investigate the inoperative bulb and associated wiring first to get it working and it may solve blinker indicator. (dont forget to look over the bulb and the socket) and also re-check all the connections you made when wiring the new markers in.

Hayz 05-12-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by CraigW
Well.... A good challenge. The voltage either has no path (poor connection or poor ground) or somehow voltage from one circuit feeding into another (short as mentioned)

I would investigate the inoperative bulb and associated wiring first to get it working and it may solve blinker indicator. (dont forget to look over the bulb and the socket) and also re-check all the connections you made when wiring the new markers in.

thats what I did when i got home the connections looked good and the bulbs were fine I'll work on it more tommrow but I'm just so frustrated right now
What I dont understand is why its just the right side thats having problems and why the car is running funny when ever its parked or when i stop at a redlight when I'm driving it sounds great its just when I at a stop it sounds weird.... :confused:

booba5185 05-12-2005 08:41 PM

well that narrows it tothe right side, make sure all the wire are correct, it's got a low idle, something is taking away from the spark, when your driving, the rpm are higher so the alternator can pick up the slack

Hayz 05-12-2005 08:55 PM

now keep in mined that when i hit the hazard buttom the the lights in right headlight all work but they don't blink like there supposed to what does that mean?

booba5185 05-12-2005 09:09 PM

the relay isn't working, there might be a short that blew that, pull the relay and see if ur idling problems go away, ur blinkers and hazards dont work when you pull the relay so expect that

Blahman240 05-12-2005 09:19 PM

Hmm... sounds like you're out of blinker fluid to me! :D

booba5185 05-12-2005 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Blahman240

actually he overfilled it and seized the muffler bearing

Hayz 05-12-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Blahman240

yeah i checked that already :roflmao: