Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I got into an accident in the wifes, scion xb. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/208207-i-got-into-accident-wifes-scion-xb.html)

PunkingCivic 04-18-2005 11:53 AM

I got into an accident in the wifes, scion xb.

Thats right, I got into an accident in the wifes, scion xb.

We were heading to my in-laws house to pick up are 7 month old daughter after a party we attended. We came upon a intersecton stop light and I slowed down to a stop.

Just as I stopped the light turned green and I heard a loud screech of skidding tires. I quickly looked in the rear view mirrors to see a Nissan sentra barrelling down toward us. I quickly floored it, but the car was not fast enough to avoid a collision from behind.

However, my fast actions must have been pretty damn good! I pulled over into a well lit gas station and the Sentra followed. We got out to assess the damage. And, to our suprise there was no damage to my wifes are just a little blue paint transfer that I was able to wipe off then and there. I even crawled under my wifes car and all was fine there too.

I was expecting to totaled rear end and hatch. All we got was a little paint transfer that came off and a very tiny scratch.

My wife said her neck hurt a little the next day, but she was unsure if she slept wrong or if it was from the accident.

The sentra was fine too, with the exception of a tacoed license plate. They had a kid in there car, but they were all fine too. The female driver of the Sentra freak out when I opened the hatch and she saw a stroller. She thought we had a kid in the car. MAN, I'm glad my daughter wasn't in the car. I would have totaly lost it on their asses.

All was well and we swapped info just incase something was noticed the following days. So, the jury is still out on wifes neck. But all in all, it taught me more aware of my surroundings.

Kadenx 04-18-2005 11:59 AM

glad your all ok....

Jo_Boo 04-18-2005 12:04 PM

Lucky man. Hope all is well.

runner1738 04-18-2005 12:11 PM

she had a kid too so what your going to go off on a mother as well, glad there wasnt much damage or pretty much none at all, but still, if anyhing if you floored it then its whiplash from you flooring it, maybe your wife should just go see a chirporactor

civvic2k1 04-18-2005 12:13 PM

Good going on the reaction.

deciuss 04-18-2005 12:23 PM

no matter in any crash always go to the hospital and get chexed out, more so the neck. many times the neck will not start hurting till the day after and it can be really bad and will need therapy ect. problem is once you leave the acident and dont get chexed out the other people can say well they where fine when they left due to they did not go to the hospital so they must have done it after and you get a big old 0 for medical bills from them.

l3lackstatic 04-18-2005 12:40 PM

if u had a turbo on ur scion u wouldnt have had any scratches at all, but good to see that your ok

blackBDMcivicLX 04-18-2005 12:43 PM

Thank god you didn't have your daughter in the car. What the hell was the woman driving thinking? She had her own child in the car and was driving like that? Weird...

Al Gore FTW 04-18-2005 12:44 PM

nice reflexes man, good thing its all ok.

booba5185 04-18-2005 12:48 PM

sry to hear it but at least no one is hurt, and cars are ok, mine i broke 2 ribs and it was a year ago....still goin through the courts

hookitup34 04-18-2005 01:33 PM

good to hear that everyone was okay.

PunkingCivic 04-18-2005 01:36 PM

Thanks everyone. My wife called and is worried about her neck to shoulder pain on the right side where the strap was.

I advised her go to the doctor, but she is unsure at this point. I told her, it is her body and best for her assess her the pain and/or discomfort. I told her to consult our insurance or at least go to the doctor.

CivicsRdBest 04-18-2005 02:57 PM

:eek: Glad to hear everything is ok. Yeah, you guys should go see a doctor if ANYTHING isn't feeling right.

chrisleecool 04-18-2005 03:15 PM

Glad to hear EVERYONE IS OK buddy :)

civic01vtec 04-18-2005 03:25 PM

glad everyone is ok

what can i say, a typical cunt driver......she was prolly on her cell phone :_please: