Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   B92P nighthawk black match...please help! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/207404-b92p-nighthawk-black-match-please-help.html)

jeremys 04-13-2005 01:59 PM

B92P nighthawk black match...please help!

Question about paint colour, my car (2002 SIG) has been repainted to match the honda B92P code, (nighthawk black I beleive) and in the direct sun it has a blue metallic sparkle to it. In the shade its pure black. Is this the same effect as the original honda paint? I am ordering the 2003 OEM body side skirts from honda and the parts guy said they were just "plane jane" black (no blue sparkle), with the B92P code.

What do you guys/gals think? If the kits are the same code they shoudl match ok right....as long as the original colour has that metallic sparkle.

Thanks for any input!

Jer

Hurts2bStock 04-13-2005 02:07 PM

:shrug: I have two buddys with the oem black (nighthawk whatever) and if its real subtle blue ish your talking about Ive noticed it before.......somtimes people add blue to black to make it look even "blacker"

but if its very noticable blue sparkle then they may not match :shrug:

honda860 04-13-2005 02:31 PM

Blue sparkles

My brand new 05 EX SE has the same blue sparkles in the paint. I never noticed it in my 2000 civic but nighthawk has been used for years so i would assume it did but the paint on my 2000 was dull. I only notice it in the sun and i sorta wonder the same as you. Cus my factory rear bumper and front bumper dont seem to have that blue sparkle so maybe with the black body kit it wount really be noticable. Let me know how you make out

jeremys 04-13-2005 02:45 PM

thanks very much for the replys guys. They cost 600cdn so I want to try to be sure they match ok. Im really not sure what to do. Do you think it will be that noticeable if they don't have the sparkle in the sun.

I figure its closer to the ground....so a lot of shade is down low anyways???

Jer

Hurts2bStock 04-13-2005 02:48 PM

I think it should be ok, I mean is just the sides I only tend to notice the kits not matching the rest of the car on the front bumper.....cause then they have areas the share reflections with the rest of the car, the side skirts for the most part do not........

incubus7d 04-13-2005 02:51 PM

I got a black 05 si and before my 02 black ex had sparkles and blue tint it looked like in the sun

stlblues13 04-13-2005 02:51 PM

I have the NHBP color too and it is really only noticeable in the direct sunlight and when you are up close. I don't think the sides will be noticeable at all since they are so low compared to line of site. JMHO

jeremys 04-13-2005 03:09 PM

Thanks very much for the reply's. It helps a lot to get other opinions. I think I will go for it!

More opinions if u got them!!

Jer

carowe 07-06-2010 10:41 PM

Re: B92P nighthawk black match...please help!

i know this thread is mega old but for any future people looking around.

this is the correct info.

b92p(A),b92p(L),b92p-3,b92p-5
two stage finish...
thats why it has the blue flake look