Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Satellite Radio Users (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/205392-satellite-radio-users.html)

RobNYC 04-01-2005 05:14 PM

Satellite Radio Users

I've got a question, for those of you with stack stereo systems in your 7th gen civic and who have Satellite radio in the car, how do you have it wired in? Do you use it though an FM tuner through the radio or is there a way you can wire the sound directly into your stack system?

I was thinking about getting it because there's some satellite stations I'd like to get especially for long car rides between cities.

4bangin 04-01-2005 05:18 PM

The best sounding way is through the tape deck. i have xm through a pioneer head unit but my dad has xm delphi and has it through his tape deck on his ranger and it sounds a ton better than my buddy's sirius sport pack thing which he has only going through the FM radio station in his xterra.......

Al Gore FTW 04-01-2005 05:27 PM

with a stock deck, i'm not sure, you could probably splice the audio out from the xm unit to the stock harness, although you would have to find out what wires you need to tap into. xm rules btw.

i have a delphi xm roady2, with the audio out going to some aux rca connectors on the back of my alpine.

RobNYC 04-01-2005 05:34 PM

What's weird, is I found this open plug down near the foot pedles last weekend. I wonder if it hooks into the radio or perhaps this is a harness plug that was for the trunk CD changer? I can't use the tape deck as I don't have one and I already have the 6disc in-dash changer.

tinman 04-01-2005 07:38 PM

That open plug near the pedals is the OBDII connector.

I have my XM plugged into the stock radio using a Blitzsafe adaptor. Plug and play. Also will run an Alpine CD changer.

jayvo2005 04-01-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RobNYC
I've got a question, for those of you with stack stereo systems in your 7th gen civic and who have Satellite radio in the car, how do you have it wired in? Do you use it though an FM tuner through the radio or is there a way you can wire the sound directly into your stack system?

I was thinking about getting it because there's some satellite stations I'd like to get especially for long car rides between cities.

i'm selling my Sirius Satellite Radio Brand New, Never used if you want it!

CivicNavigation 04-01-2005 08:10 PM

I have an Alpine head unit that allows AUX input and I run my SkyFi2 into that. but you could also use a PIE for the stock headunit: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html

Hawk 04-01-2005 09:14 PM

i bought a adaptor that turns the input plug for the CD changer into AV inputs made by PIE, sounds good to me.

Al Gore FTW 04-01-2005 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk
i bought a adaptor that turns the input plug for the CD changer into AV inputs made by PIE, sounds good to me.

Here's an idea, when you tell these stories, have a point!

Hawk 04-01-2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by silver04
Here's an idea, when you tell these stories, have a point!

that might of worked if you said it right....you stink.

Al Gore FTW 04-01-2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk
that might of worked if you said it right....you stink.

yeah, i forgot how it actually went lol, i do stink

RobNYC 04-02-2005 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by tinman
That open plug near the pedals is the OBDII connector.

I have my XM plugged into the stock radio using a Blitzsafe adaptor. Plug and play. Also will run an Alpine CD changer.

What's the OBDII connector?

CraigW 04-02-2005 10:01 AM

on board diagnostics II

RobNYC 04-02-2005 10:11 AM

I see, I take it that's the computer hook up when they service your car?

CraigW 04-02-2005 10:56 AM

Yes, used for reading codes for check engine light (and other things the mechanic can do)

From what I hear most people do not like the FM modulated XM/Sirius hookups.

RobNYC 04-02-2005 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by CraigW
Yes, used for reading codes for check engine light (and other things the mechanic can do)

From what I hear most people do not like the FM modulated XM/Sirius hookups.

Yeah I figured as much since it would sound like FM radio. Does anyone have a satellite system wired directly into their stock radio? I already have the Indash CD changer so is it possible to still have it wired directly into your system?