Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   The fork in the road. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/204299-fork-road.html)

C Orndorff 03-26-2005 11:26 AM

The fork in the road.

Well it happened again I blew my motor. This time I smoked my rings, in three cylinders. (Last time I threw a rod because of water) this time it was too much boost. So here is the problem I am presented. Should I A: rebuild my motor Or B: Swap a k20a2 in with ITR Pistons and ITR Cams.
Now this isn’t a clear-cut case because my D before was able to kill Turbo Eclipses, even one with a 16G turbo and complete 3” strait pipe. Also I am at 5280ft so N/A cars have a harder time up here then Turbo. But a K20 will be more reliable, but also cost a ass load. To rebuild my d is very cheap.
What to do?

PrecisnTec 03-26-2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by caorndorff
Well it happened again I blew my motor. This time I smoked my rings, in three cylinders. (Last time I threw a rod because of water) this time it was too much boost. So here is the problem I am presented. Should I A: rebuild my motor Or B: Swap a k20a2 in with ITR Pistons and ITR Cams.
Now this isn’t a clear-cut case because my D before was able to kill Turbo Eclipses, even one with a 16G turbo and complete 3” strait pipe. Also I am at 5280ft so N/A cars have a harder time up here then Turbo. But a K20 will be more reliable, but also cost a ass load. To rebuild my d is very cheap.
What to do?

If you are going to spend the money, rebuild the D, bore and sleeve the block, buy better rings and pistons and next time it dies sell all the turbo stuff and go for K20a. :sweet: In as much as you are already this far in to turbo charging, might as well stick with it one more time. 3 times the charm?

PoorCollegeBoy 03-26-2005 01:24 PM

If you can afford it I would go with the k20. I will help you out and buy some of your turbo parts off you too.

PoorCollegeBoy 03-26-2005 01:28 PM

but a rebuild will be more gratifying

C Orndorff 03-26-2005 01:54 PM

Well I think I am going to sell my Turbo set up, emanage, D17A2 head, and my Y8 Manifold swap. Hopefully that and some other money I have will start a k20 fund.

If anyone is interested in buying my Y8 Manifold swap.
It has
Y8 manifold (ported and polished)
Y8 Throttle Body
Y8 Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel pressure regulator
Return Fuel line
Stand-alone idle air sensor
Hondata Heat shield Mani gasket
240cc or 370cc or 550cc RC injectors
All hardware

Also I am going to post this in the For Sale Section.

PoorCollegeBoy 03-26-2005 01:56 PM

Are you selling your turbo as well?

PoorCollegeBoy 03-26-2005 01:57 PM

I am still interested if you want to meet up sometime.

sw388integra 03-26-2005 03:10 PM

quit killing ur D's...you'll put half the money into a built D, than you will a stock K

C Orndorff 03-26-2005 03:14 PM

Yeah

Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
Are you selling your turbo as well?