Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   damn headlights (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/201147-damn-headlights.html)

VTEK2k2 03-07-2005 11:18 PM

damn headlights

ok so i need some help...real bad...i bought headlights off ebay, the sing halo angel eyes with black housing and after i put them in? bam! instant fog action... about two months went by and i took them out, threw them bitches in the oven, it all cleared up, resealed it, put them back on....within an hour...foggage... :tdown: another 2 months passed, felt like doing something productive, took them off, into the oven again...and the same thing happened again, but now the passenger side of my bumper doesnt fit in right...ive had it with these stupid things...anyone have some good ideas?!THESE ARE THE HEADLIGHTS I HAVE

Boggie1688 03-07-2005 11:22 PM

It might not be the seals on on the headlight covers. Have you check where u screw the light in? There should be a seal where u put the blub in...maybe those are cracked.

VTEK2k2 03-07-2005 11:36 PM

no but i'll definitelly get on it, thanks

scatman 03-08-2005 09:31 AM

i have an idea. get different headlights.

i bought the jdm headlights off ebay (didnt know that the bulbs would have to be hot glued in cause of different socket sizes that i wasnt told about) but they looked nasty and never fogged up.....and of course the hot glue came off very easily when i needed to change bulbs

StreetKnight 03-08-2005 10:18 AM

hey i have the same problem

:hithead: Holy hell my headlights are the same but my bulbs keep blowing up and this last time even though i replaced the bulb nothing turns on I think it might be me headlight relay i hate these stupid things and my drivers side halo doesn't work either! :mad: :( :susp: :yell:

VTEK2k2 03-08-2005 10:28 AM

yea i was thinkin about gettin new ones...but i dont wana throw them away cause its a waste of friggin money...dammit...

ciVictoria 03-08-2005 10:28 AM

I just bought some clear JDM head lights off of e-bay non-projector though I don't like those much.. I don't know whats so JDM about my head lights its just all clear instead of the orange marker from the OEM head lights.

nolimitrican 03-08-2005 03:58 PM

i used to have those projectors same problem, got tired of the car looking like it was crying lol so i just changed them to the blacked out oem

dirtySAMURAI 03-08-2005 04:55 PM

seal it up good. make sure anything that has a hole is covered.

injencivic 03-08-2005 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012

exactly

ncirom2003 03-08-2005 05:21 PM

i bought some off of ebay and they were suppose to be just blacked out stock looking ones... very subtle differences. then i got some ugly things that ive only seen once b4 in my life and i figure ill just settle for them but it sucks so bad

pon55 03-08-2005 05:36 PM

Especialy the inner and outer corners! I have just taken a pair apart and the inner corners were missing sealant!

Skunk2ner 03-08-2005 06:39 PM

after i cleared my headlights they started to get moisture in them. when i pulled them out to black out the housing, i used bathroom sealant stuff. like the stuff you use when installing a bathtub or sink. no more moisture. works wonders.

VTEK2k2 03-09-2005 08:54 PM

thanks guys

Boggie1688 03-09-2005 09:46 PM

how are the lights now? Fix the problem?

zachgeyer 03-09-2005 10:39 PM

trash can

Caucasian.Asian 03-10-2005 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
after i cleared my headlights they started to get moisture in them. when i pulled them out to black out the housing, i used bathroom sealant stuff. like the stuff you use when installing a bathtub or sink. no more moisture. works wonders.

thats the stuff i used. i figured everyone was complaining about moisture not headlights falling apart so why use glue? after blacking out my headlights i've NEVER had any problem aside from not having it sit flush against the fender. but i fixed that yesterday.
if its the corner of the headlight not fitting flush it might be where the black clip and clear clip go into each other, thats what mine was. bake it for 3 min, lift it up a little and set it into place. you can reseal if you want, i didn't, but you might just want to use the bathroom sealant when you do it so you can knock out 2 birds w/one stone. oh yeah, they do have clear, so get that one.

ZodCivik 03-10-2005 02:09 AM

I thought the civics our year in japan are sedan and have cleared lights... But im pretty sure theyre not from japan. They just say theyre JDM to get people to buy em. But yah, i used the clear sealant thing and it worked, my oem blacked lights dont fog, even after rain.

VTEK2k2 03-11-2005 05:47 PM

nah i have yet to do it, cause i use my car everyday, and i wana spend a whole day doin it so i do it right and i dont have to do it again...i might do it 2morow (saturday). i'll let u know how it went...thanks

dirtySAMURAI 03-11-2005 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ZodCivik
I thought the civics our year in japan are sedan and have cleared lights... But im pretty sure theyre not from japan. They just say theyre JDM to get people to buy em. But yah, i used the clear sealant thing and it worked, my oem blacked lights dont fog, even after rain.

the only thing different between the JDM and USDM headlights are that japan has only sedan headlights, they are missing the shield in the main H4 socket, and there is no clear reflective piece to the side of the parking light/underneath the turn signal. it's still orange, just no reflector.

AzNmiKex215 03-11-2005 06:00 PM

RTV clear or black silicone sealant should work good for sealing. Ive been through like 2 different "bathroom" water sealant / adhesives and the only thing that has proved to work for my TYC's is the RTV clear silicone sealant. I got it at autozone.

StreetKnight 03-16-2005 11:01 AM

does anyone know how to open up the the headlight assembly so i can resolder the halo l.e.d. back cause the ground came loose i think? My car at night looks like somebody punched his eye out!

teampointless 03-16-2005 11:43 AM

how about don't buy cheap ebay crap...

dirtySAMURAI 03-16-2005 03:46 PM

that's why you get true CCFL rings for your car. like in my avatar :)

StreetKnight 03-16-2005 06:57 PM

that's why you get true CCFL rings for your car. like in my avatar :)

For your info i didn't get them off of ebay i got them from an import shop!

:yell: And i don't care your stupid lights all i want to know is how to take the assembly apart i read somewhere about throwing the assembly in the oven? can somone get some decent info and not brag about their daddy buying headlights cause some people in this world have to work for money and don't have time to take stuff to pros to fix! :rockon:

pon55 03-16-2005 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by StreetKnight
For your info i didn't get them off of ebay i got them from an import shop!

:yell: And i don't care your stupid lights all i want to know is how to take the assembly apart i read somewhere about throwing the assembly in the oven? can somone get some decent info and not brag about their daddy buying headlights cause some people in this world have to work for money and don't have time to take stuff to pros to fix! :rockon:

CHIL use a heat gun or oven! b carefull!!

ncirom2003 03-16-2005 10:00 PM

wut the fvck does ccfl stand for anyway

auph1 03-16-2005 10:27 PM

Throw those damn things away. I have those same projectors and simply put.. they fcukin suck. They fog on the inside and the plastic cracks on the outside. I swear all the sh*t on ebay is cheap @ss chinese rip offs. Seriously, I'm pulling them off as soon as I get these bad boys: http://www.robearracing.com/pd_honda...ck_housing.cfm

DarkForce 04-11-2005 06:56 PM

hey i am thinking about getting some chrome halo angle eyes..but umm im not sure if there any good...like quality wise and about the leakage/fogging..why does that happen..n does sealent really do the job?..im gonna get it professionally done..because me n cars is like a harddrive with a magnit...its a really bad idea..lol..so anyway..yeah since im not funny ill stop there...ill be looking for a reply so..PLEASE HELP...lol thank you DarkForce :)..oh n what tails would look good...i want chrome tails..obviously though halo...but are there differen kinds of halo chrome tails?

dirtySAMURAI 04-11-2005 07:01 PM

apparently the jackass who started this thread didn't realize that all of the information he needs is at his fingertips. just learn to focking search and you'll find out what the FUNK is going wrong with your headlights.

DarkForce: get stock headlights :shrug: everything else out there is crap, unless it's TYC. but even TYC sucks. and we, at 7thgencivic.com, dislike, very much, altezza tail lights (chrome tail lights). we WILL ban you.