Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   God Bless the USA (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/201059-god-bless-usa.html)

ItalianCivic77 03-07-2005 03:49 PM

God Bless the USA

I mean I love the US, but wow we have crappy cars. I was all for a Si Civic but not really diggin the egg shaped new one. Come to find out my great neighboring country has a Si Sedan!!!! :screwy: BUT NOT TILL AFTER I BUY a EX in the States. :hithead: Man U can drink at 19 in canada and rock a Si Sedan! Thats just not fair! Why hasnt any car company realized that us people in the USA like sporty cars too?! Just because we dont have an autoban or use the euro or change the drinking age to 19, do we like bein stuck without options?!

Sorry to vent, just sad
MIKE :_disgust: :_disgust:

Day_Tripper 03-07-2005 03:51 PM

The Si in Canada is the same as our Ex the Si is an Si-r there don't be discouraged

_Viper_ 03-07-2005 03:51 PM

You can drink at 18 in Quebec which is in Cnada lollll ;)

dave05ex 03-07-2005 03:52 PM

Canadian Si = USA Ex model. Same exact thing, same engine, same options, just a different name :shake:

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 04:05 PM

yeah get over it....if not, move to canada....

fvcked up thread title btw....

i8dabomb 03-07-2005 04:06 PM

who cares? as long as it's got the name... it's sweet!

kornsined 03-07-2005 04:09 PM

haha i guess i have the almighty si coupe :rofl: BTW 18 drinking here in alberta too :tup:

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 04:50 PM

hey btw you ignorant cum dumpster,

why would you make a thread bagging on the us, when the government does not control what models of cars we have here, the car companies do....

love it or leave it...

xian 03-07-2005 04:50 PM

No, hes right...we have an Si Sedan/EX Sedan whatever you want to call it. It comes with the 127Hp engine in it. I think it came out in the latter half of 2004.

As well, don't forget about our Acura 1.7 EL with has the same engine...but with all leather heated seats. mmmmmm

dre2600 03-07-2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fiji-Steve

why would you make a thread bagging on the us, when the government does not control what models of cars we have here, the car companies do....

love it or leave it...

But they do control the drinking age :) Theres too many conservatives down there, its becoming very...regulated. But I won't get into that.

Here in Alberta, as mentioned above its 18. I've been to Greece about 11 or so times now, there the legal age is more or less if you can see over the counter and their rates of alchoholism are lower than the US, go figure.

Trix 03-07-2005 05:08 PM

Here we can smoke weed with age of 18.
And we get standard rear disc brakes on 2001+ coupe :sweet:

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Trix
Here we can smoke weed with age of 18.
And we get standard rear disc brakes on 2001+ coupe :sweet:

stop fueling that kids fire....

Trix 03-07-2005 05:34 PM

He is complaining for nothing. I can't get civic si insured in europe, and you don't hear me complain.

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 05:48 PM

yeah, you dont hear people from other contries complaining that a snickers bar cost them like 4 bucks either do ya.... or try this, my sister married a guy from angola, africa, she moved there to live with him and they were quoted $25,000 USD to have the internet installed in there house, and then on top of that, 450 dollars per month for service, so yeah, cry for me now about how bad you have it....

they paid that amount too....he is a baller...robotics engineer for chevron....

Trix 03-07-2005 05:55 PM

That's what I mean, people are complaning for nothing.

dirtySAMURAI 03-07-2005 06:00 PM

you ignorant prick. the canadian civic Si is the american civic EX. the canadian SiR is the american Si. get the fuck over it and research before you post.

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 06:07 PM

owned

LowSky 03-07-2005 06:10 PM

:rofl: Funniest thing i heard all day :rofl:

and if you think Canada is so great live there but remeber one thing in America the sell gas by the gallon for about $2 in canada the sell gas at about $2 a liter sure thats a canadian dollar but if you do the whole metric conversion gas is alot cheaper in America

you want to know why canada gets the EL and the US dosent.. first in canada the Acura integra 4 door sold alot better then in America... for some reason Americans love their coupes... they dont even sell a 2dr civic in japan cause no one likes them.... so anyway the reason canada gets the EL is becuase they actually sell well in canada.. in America most buyers would say why am i buying a rebadged civic that only upgrade is heated seats.. Americans want power so in America we got the TSX or AKA the accord typeR sold everywhere else

Wisper 03-07-2005 06:31 PM

Like Fiji-Steve said, move back to Canada.

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 06:39 PM

no, not back to, just move period...

dre2600 03-07-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by LowSky
:rofl: Funniest thing i heard all day :rofl:

and if you think Canada is so great live there but remeber one thing in America the sell gas by the gallon for about $2 in canada the sell gas at about $2 a liter sure thats a canadian dollar but if you do the whole metric conversion gas is alot cheaper in America

Actually, the gas up here is around $0.75 liter, at least last time I filled up if I recall correctly. There being 4 gallons in a liter, thats $3.00/gallon, Canadian. Divide by about 1.25 to convert to American currency thats about $2.40. Awful near to the gas prices I was paying when I was down driving through California last summer.

I'm sure all the taxes on gas just help to pay for the lovely universal health care we have up here. :hgrin:

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 06:59 PM

"blame canada"

paradoxblue 03-07-2005 07:02 PM

gas costs me very little witht he vic.. i wont bich till its a buck a litreor more haha

:)

and move up here if u dont like it.. dont know why some imaginarry line causes so many differences... people just like bitching

kornsined 03-07-2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by dre2600
Actually, the gas up here is around $0.75 liter, at least last time I filled up if I recall correctly. There being 4 gallons in a liter, thats $3.00/gallon, Canadian. Divide by about 1.25 to convert to American currency thats about $2.40. Awful near to the gas prices I was paying when I was down driving through California last summer.

I'm sure all the taxes on gas just help to pay for the lovely universal health care we have up here. :hgrin:

it's good to know i can get the hosptial's services before paying.

ItalianCivic77 03-07-2005 08:10 PM

WOW! :help: Did I just get bashed or what?! I obviously knicked a nerve or something with that post hahaha. A "Cum dumbster"?? Really was name calling really logical for this post? :nono: Obviously it is from a lack of sex or something. Yeah so it is the same thing as an EX but with a different name? But the "Si has a Carbon-fibre-look centre panel and Adds to or replaces LX-G features." Oh well I guess all I need to say is people need to chill, the name is cooler then EX and stupid people (myself) wouldnt know the difference and could lie up a storm to idiot friends haha. All you Civic's or whatever they are called in Canada! Ill be in Windsor all summer so if ya wanna go bar hop because I can there, then Look for me hahaha

MIKE :_please:

orion_squall 03-07-2005 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianCivic77
I mean I love the US, but wow we have crappy cars. I was all for a Si Civic but not really diggin the egg shaped new one. Come to find out my great neighboring country has a Si Sedan!!!! :screwy: BUT NOT TILL AFTER I BUY a EX in the States. :hithead: Man U can drink at 19 in canada and rock a Si Sedan! Thats just not fair! Why hasnt any car company realized that us people in the USA like sporty cars too?! Just because we dont have an autoban or use the euro or change the drinking age to 19, do we like bein stuck without options?!

Sorry to vent, just sad
MIKE :_disgust: :_disgust:

actaully, you should envy the Acura EL with leather instead, not the SI sedan :)

and yeah, I was consider adult at age of 18 in Montreal Canada...but come on, people still drinks at age of 15 in the US, no?

dre2600 03-07-2005 09:15 PM

The carbon-fibre look center panel is actually kind of nice, when I still had my Vic I thought that it looked better than a lot of aftermarket CF-look additions.

Fiji-Steve 03-07-2005 09:20 PM

"Cum dumbster"?? Really was name calling really logical for this post?

well buddy, you just helped yourself to another name on your distinguished list...

Cum Dumpster

sir i really think you should look at what you posted, it was completely ass-nine, your thread title "god bless the usa" and starting out by saying,

I mean I love the US, but

Come to find out my great neighboring country has a Si Sedan!!!!

MOVE THERE

Just because we dont have an autoban or use the euro

IF WE HAD THE AUTOBAHN, WHAT WOULD MAKE GERMANY UNIQUE? WHY WOULD WE USE THE EURO, WERE NOT IN EUROPE

do we like bein stuck without options?

DAMN BUDDY, GO FOR THE FULLY LOADED OPTIONS PACKAGE AND MOVE TO CANADA, IM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY THERE GETTING DRUNK SINCE YOUR UNDERAGE, AND HAVING A BLAST IN YOUR "SI"

I DO HOWEVER WONDER, ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS LIVING IN CANADA, OR MORE CANADIANS LIVING IN THE US, ASK YOURSELF THAT...

HAVE FUN, AND DONT BE SURPRISED TO GET FLAMED FOR TRASH TALKING OUR COUNTY...

BananaSkin 03-08-2005 02:39 AM

I DO HOWEVER WONDER, ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS LIVING IN CANADA, OR MORE CANADIANS LIVING IN THE US, ASK YOURSELF THAT...

Wait do you mean before George Bush got re-elected, or after? kiddin' of course

LiKEaFeRiO 03-08-2005 02:54 AM

Stop sitting there like it's hopeless.

We have a fcuking government...there really isn't much stopping you from doing your part to makes changes happen.

I hate people who whine about stupid/unreasonable laws yet don't even bother contacting your local government official to express your concern.
Sure most of them won't even read or care what you have to say but your local assemblyperson should. Power in numbers apply also.

Go out and try making a difference instead of whining because mommy ain't gonna come to your aid.

This is aimed at all those who complain without taking action.