Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Aftermarket Head unit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/201029-aftermarket-head-unit.html)

03CivicEX4Door 03-07-2005 12:15 PM

Aftermarket Head unit

i'm putting a system in my car, i talked 2 a few ppl at the dealership i bought my car. They told me that the security system will only work with the factory cd player. How can i keep the security system working and install an aftermarket cd player ect.

MyK 03-07-2005 12:30 PM

a new head unit will not affect your security system, whatever your security sytem is!

Al Gore FTW 03-07-2005 12:45 PM

yeah, thats a bunch of garbage they are telling you.

LowSky 03-07-2005 06:17 PM

mine works fine... **** them dealership whores.. they only say that shit so you buy shit from the dealerships

lxcivic2k1 03-07-2005 09:54 PM

i don't think it should...but when i bout my head unit from Cusom Sounds....they asked if i had key less entry from the factory. They said that if you have keyless entry, that it will not work because part of it is in the radio, or so they say. They have nothing to do with honda and are VERY good at stereo's so im not sure.
worst thing is you can get an after market alarm

zachgeyer 03-07-2005 10:03 PM

security system we dont have one

TeRRoRiFiC35 03-07-2005 10:08 PM

dont be cheap n get an aftermarket alarm. im guaranteeing someone will try to steal ur hu if u dont buy one

retro 03-07-2005 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
i don't think it should...but when i bout my head unit from Cusom Sounds....they asked if i had key less entry from the factory. They said that if you have keyless entry, that it will not work because part of it is in the radio, or so they say. They have nothing to do with honda and are VERY good at stereo's so im not sure.
worst thing is you can get an after market alarm

Hmmm? I have an aftermarket head unit, besides having a new deck every other aspect of the car, functionality wise, stayed exactly the same, including my keyless enry.

I think he is referring to that little red security light that flashes on the stock deck, not a security "system"...

03CivicEX4Door 03-15-2005 05:46 PM

removing factory head unit

i removed the center console trim, and removed the lower console trim and i removed the 2 bolts from the center pannel their were more like screws, i pushed on the center pannel bracket and i can't get nothing 2 move and i doing something wrong or do i need 2 push as hard as i can ? PLEASE HELP

Civic_Gurl030 03-15-2005 06:01 PM

when i did mine i couldn't get mine out either... i unscrewed the screws and nothing would budge so i brought it to my buddys shop i was way to fustrated someone will know on here though

03CivicEX4Door 03-15-2005 06:37 PM

did you're buddy get it out ?

HondaSales 03-15-2005 07:01 PM

when i bought my '96 with the dealer installed security system, my keyless entry would not work after i installed an aftermarket head unit. my service department explained that there are two wires under the dash that need to be "jumped" in order for everything to work the way it should. they wouldn't do it for me but they told me what color wires to jump and it only took about 10 minutes to do. i don't have this problem on my '02 because i have an aftermarket alarm.

Civic_Gurl030 03-15-2005 07:35 PM

ya he took the part out where the ash tray and plug is and reached up and pushed it out you can bring it to a shop they could prolly do it good luck

CraigW 03-15-2005 08:40 PM

When I picked up my Metra kit tonight the guy ask me if the keyless still worked after install and I told him yes, (05 model) He was telling me the same story about the systems being tied together. Not sure what year he was talking about.

The inserts are very tight and hard to remove, You just have to be careful and keep working it. I hope mine will be a little easier the second time around.