Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Someone's been tampering with my alarm. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/200054-someones-been-tampering-my-alarm.html)

AggressiveAdam 03-01-2005 07:20 PM

Someone's been tampering with my alarm. (MODS MOVE)

Well, today I noticed my main siren wasnt sounding when locked my doors, thinking I put it into silent mode or something I tried tinkering with it.

I have a clifford RSX 3.5 w/ remote start, dual proxy, and internal siren. 2 way remote w/ lcd

Problem 1:
I look under my hood and see that the black wire running out of my siren has been cut. My siren was working this past weekend, and im thinking how any one would have had the time to tinker with my alarm with out me knowing it. I then noticed that the other side of the cut black wire has electrical tape on it. Would a theif go to the trouble of putting electrical tape on a live end?

Problem 2:

I can page my car, my car pages me (in the sense it will tell me that its remote started) but if I try and set off a zone, like opening a door, or poping a trunk it will not page me? This i found out through trying it that it wouldn't page me but when I clicked unlocked, it would display the zones that were tampered with. When I lock it it doesn't tlel me that my doors open or my trunks poped so I doubt its a sensor issue. I also noticed that when I opened the door it, does the warn away for a second before acually initating the full alarm sequence

What the hell is going on? Advice please

Its been really cold and snowy latly I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

AggressiveAdam 03-01-2005 07:30 PM

MODS PLEASE MOVE TO I.C.E or OFF TOPIC

gearbox 03-01-2005 07:37 PM

they're coming back for it later.

D17thgen 03-01-2005 07:53 PM

does anyone else drive your car or have a set of keys to your car?

keep a look out

deciuss 03-01-2005 07:54 PM

they are coming for it man get that fixed/ get a camera at your house

AggressiveAdam 03-02-2005 02:51 AM

getting it fixed tonight, and a back up siren installed.

my question is how did they get under the hood w/o me noticing.

and whats wrong with my pager system? Why does it page like 50% of the time

its in a locked garage when at home so Im thinking this must have happened some where else.

PennyKnotOff 03-02-2005 03:04 AM

I'd have to agree w/ the others, someone's either being slick and coming back later after they've scouted your car and apparently know quite a bit about it. I don't see any other reason why the wires should be or could have been cut.......

We have the same alarm except mine is viper and i've never had any problems like your having. I've had my alarm for about a year now.

AggressiveAdam 03-02-2005 03:42 AM

hmmm

thats a real piss off, I got pros after my car now... grrrr

doubt there getting into a locked garage, sadly im really going to have to get serious about buying a professional housing / camera / lens for outside my house, man I really didnt want to because meh, sorta makes your house look a like a bank and people dont really have cameras in my area. Perhaps ill spark a trend.

my neighbor once told me theres a group home in the area, not really fair to assume its them but apparently and looks like a regular house just troubled kids move in and outta there.

grrr

does installing a back-up siren involve splicing the ground wire? if so I think I may know why my wire was cut

skipbarber 03-02-2005 06:03 AM

solution 1: the black loop is cut from the installer to eliminate soft-chirp. that would explain the tape. When I install alarms, I always cut it and tape it. What theif carries electrical tape? honestly?

Solution 2: probably a bad remote, but any DEI alarm, if you open the door, it will trigger warn-away then go to full alarm. This comes programmed as default, you can ask your installer to turn that feature off.

AggressiveAdam 03-02-2005 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
solution 1: the black loop is cut from the installer to eliminate soft-chirp. that would explain the tape. When I install alarms, I always cut it and tape it. What theif carries electrical tape? honestly?

Solution 2: probably a bad remote, but any DEI alarm, if you open the door, it will trigger warn-away then go to full alarm. This comes programmed as default, you can ask your installer to turn that feature off.

hmm the remote is like 4 months old? and works otherwise, im taking it to the shop tonight see what they say. Im pretty sure the reason the ground was cut was for that secondary siren

scatman 03-02-2005 07:50 AM

either its because of the cold or someone is plotting to steal it.

Neptune 03-03-2005 01:00 AM

man thats kinda creepy that your alarm is being stalked...
if u got tint, then u and some buddys should wait across the street in another car with bats... !!

ciVictoria 03-03-2005 06:20 AM

I would go with the cameras and stuff around the house it sounds like someone is really plotting against you..Does any of your friends know the setup of your car?