Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My 'vic smacked...again. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/199551-my-vic-smacked-again.html)

dma001 02-26-2005 03:50 PM

My 'vic smacked...again.

Way back in February of '03, I got hit by a guy in a large white pickup. He ran the light, so the accident was his fault. The final tally was around $2,400.00 in damage to my front end.

Coming home from work last night, I slowed down to stop for what I know to be a very fast yellow light, when I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the vehicle in the lane to my right suddenly jump over into my my lane directly behind me. He didn't notice that the light was turning red or that I was nearly stopped; I saw the nose of his vehicle dive as he slammed on the brakes, but he was too late. I only had time to say, "Oh, sh--" before he hit me...

Luckily, he has insurance, and they're going to take care of my car. My back and neck are sore, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been -- for that I'm grateful.

The bizarre thing? It's another white fullsized pickup, same insurance company, and the accident happened in February -- again. *sigh*

dovo 02-26-2005 04:09 PM

Bad luck :O
Good thing that you are ok though

KDawg88 02-26-2005 04:12 PM

That sucks the big one! Same thing with my buddy back home and Plymoth Sundances....wrote off his first car on one (wasn't his fault), go t-boned by another one, and then got hit by behind by a third one in the span of 4 years....now when we see them we change lanes and stay away.... :shake: :hithead: :shrug: :yell:

dirtySAMURAI 02-26-2005 04:13 PM

ouch. get your back/neck checked out fast. it might become worse.

dma001 02-26-2005 04:28 PM

Yeah, I saw my chiropractor today, and he took some x-rays and gave me an adjustment. He thinks I'm okay, but he wants to see me again in a few days. No gym for about a week, though... :(

gearbox 02-26-2005 04:33 PM

yea don't exercise until the pain and stuff goes away completely. Otherwise it could come back later. Hope you feel better. I wish people would pay more attention to driving.

ViNRoCk8 02-27-2005 02:27 PM

Stay away from white pickups

CivicRocker02 02-27-2005 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ViNRoCk8
Stay away from white pickups

And white vans :giggle: Glad to here your okay though

ty.barrack 02-27-2005 04:19 PM

Don't drive in February anymore, and steer clear of those white trucks.

typeRDreamer 02-27-2005 08:49 PM

get checked out bro, cuz I got tboned by a dodge dakota in dec. of '03 and i didint have pains till april of '04. Turned out since i didnt get checked out sons enough my whole back was going through spazzes and my neck tenses up easily i had to go through a year of physical therapy. get it checkd out bro!

MSL 02-28-2005 12:16 PM

i just got rear ended also =\

hope you have a quick and easy time getting the money for repairs from his insurance

dma001 03-01-2005 02:30 PM

Thanks for the positive thoughts, guys. I am feeling okay, but I did get checked out by my chiropractor, and he said everything looks good so far. There's not too much damage - just the bumper, really. Sounds like some of you have had it way worse than I did!

03HondaCivicEX 03-01-2005 05:31 PM

keep getting checked out for it and get a lawyer. people are dumb w/ all their sueing, but hey, if you want some extra stuff for your car, you'd get the $$ for it no prob. my sister was in a fender bender about a year ago, now the people she rearended are sueing for between 10-50 thousand. 4 people in the car, all went to the doc/hosp. afterwards (although they went to mcdonalds and were playing around on the side of the road afterwards - bogus) but you are actually injured so yeah, play it up. they'd screw you over if you hit them.

JCiv03 03-01-2005 07:07 PM

Damn sorry to heart that. Looks like lady luck's not on your side...