Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   4.6l vs. Me (03 Evo) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/199468-4-6l-vs-me-03-evo.html)

Robert_K 02-25-2005 10:46 PM

4.6l vs. Me (03 Evo)

I don't normally post tread of my little light-to-light races but this one was funny.
OK: My Wife and I were headed up N. Academy (Colorado) for dinner. I was in the far left lane when this blue Mustang 4.6l w/ the supercharger hood. (You know the one with the hump in the middle to fit a supercharger) Anyhow he revs his engine at me and I think notthing of it. Minding my own thing. We get to a light next to each other and he continues to revs his non-supercharged engine. I could tell this as I heard notthing spool up. Anyhow, I tell the wife to sit back cause I going to put this punk in his place. I rev up to 6k, he's reving up, light drops and we're off. I pulled so hard from him that shifting from 1st into 2nd I was already a car length ahead of him. I continue through 2nd and by this time I relize that there is no way he is going to catch me. We get to the next light and I roll down my window. I tell him that he not going to beat AWD. He tells me that he needs to go home to get his slicks and want to put $100 on it. I tell him, "Buddy I'm running snow tires and had you the whole time." This is when I notice his girl in the passenger sit laughing. LOL Well, I roll up the window and he starts reving up again. So I rev up again to 6k and drop it when the light goes green. AGAIN!!! I take him. Well I notice I've past the resturant Ada & I wanted to go to so I get into the left turn lane to make a u-turn. He gets behind me and I notice that his girl is laughing hard at him and he's getting pissed off. He continues to flash so money at me and I just laugh. He follow me for about another block when he finally turned. I was luaughing the whole time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mustang5.0HO 02-25-2005 11:14 PM

Not bad....too bad it wasnt supercharged... and too bad it was a GT.

Robert_K 02-25-2005 11:20 PM

Thanks I guess. If it was supercharge I don't think I would've even have rev back. Oh well. What do you mean by "and too bad it was a GT." ?

tripledoublegs 02-26-2005 12:12 AM

good kill man
wrong forum though

Robert_K 02-26-2005 12:14 AM

Thanks!
How is it wrong forum? I can't post about my new ride here.

TeRRoRiFiC35 02-26-2005 03:06 AM

after the first time u would think he would learn his lesson that his car isnt as fast. i woulda raced him, won the money, then took a piss on his car for being ignorant(sp). only mustang worth ownin is the 5.0

mugenman 02-26-2005 03:36 AM

nice kill man! put those punks in their place!

Robert_K 02-26-2005 06:55 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah I hate mustang kids that think they have the best car in the world.

02civic_rida 02-26-2005 07:27 AM

hahahha.... good ol colorado springs!!!! thats where im from, people there are funny, people in supercharged mustangs would rev up to a ford festiva, they dont care they just rev and rev.... i guess thats teh only thing to do there.... but im glad i left that sorry excuse for a city... hahahaha, congrats on the new ride yo... do you know steve there in colorado his sn is like crackhead soemthin or another... cool guy... well congrats on the fun... peace

Robert_K 02-26-2005 08:01 AM

Thanks bro. I know a Steve but he has a heavily modded Evo. The Springs aren't that bad. Better than Del Rio, Tx where I came from.

Jrfish007 02-26-2005 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 02civic_rida
hahahha.... good ol colorado springs!!!! thats where im from, people there are funny, people in supercharged mustangs would rev up to a ford festiva, they dont care they just rev and rev.... i guess thats teh only thing to do there.... but im glad i left that sorry excuse for a city... hahahaha, congrats on the new ride yo... do you know steve there in colorado his sn is like crackhead soemthin or another... cool guy... well congrats on the fun... peace

LOL.... I know two people with festiva that would kill almost anything. They swapped out the Ford POS motor for the JDM 323 turbo motor with 215 hp then modded it up, new turbo bigger intercooler, more boost all that stuuf. The one guy still even rides on the stock 13 inch rims. You should see kids with the Camaros and Mustangs getting beat by this thing, you can literally see thier ego shatter.

Nice kill man!!!

Jrfish007 02-26-2005 08:12 AM

Oh yeah by the way, that hood is called a cowl hood. They have been around a long time and orginally where designed for high rise intake manifolds, back when carburetors where used. At least if it the hood I am thinking you are talking about. Had one on my old Camaro, but my Camaro wouldn't loose to an EVO :hgrin: unless it was heavily modded.

danscreations 02-26-2005 08:20 AM

You don't have shit! lol...these bitches will tear up almost anything!

http://radicalride.com/Photo%20Galle...Project%20Cars

Jrfish007 02-26-2005 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by danscreations
You don't have shit! lol...these bitches will tear up almost anything!

http://radicalride.com/Photo%20Galle...Project%20Cars

LOL... that would fall under that "heavily modded" section. Those are some wicked EVO's. :eek: I would race them, think it would have been good race, but I never got the Camaro fully done before I got rid of it (sold it after it lifted about 3 feet in air, cracked the wind shield and snapped the drive shaft). Even if they did beat it though, I can still say I got beat buy one of the fastest EVO's around. It's like saying you got the crap knocked out of you by Bruce Lee, just the fact you are good enough to face such a beast is worth bragging about. :sweet:

02civic_rida 02-26-2005 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
LOL.... I know two people with festiva that would kill almost anything. They swapped out the Ford POS motor for the JDM 323 turbo motor with 215 hp then modded it up, new turbo bigger intercooler, more boost all that stuuf. The one guy still even rides on the stock 13 inch rims. You should see kids with the Camaros and Mustangs getting beat by this thing, you can literally see thier ego shatter.

Nice kill man!!!

hahhahhaha truuu!

Robert_K 02-26-2005 02:46 PM

Nice kill man!!!

Thanks Also thanks on the correction on the hood.

Jrfish007 02-26-2005 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by vtecsohc02
Thanks Also thanks on the correction on the hood.

Can't blame you on the hood thing, a 4.6L Mustang is certianly fuel injected adn you aren't going to have a high rise manifold, hence I'm not real sure why anyone would want a cowl hood on it other than for the American homegrown rice effect.

Robert_K 02-26-2005 04:17 PM

American homegrown rice effect.

:hgrin: :hgrin: :hgrin: Thats funny.

chrisleecool 02-26-2005 09:39 PM

good kill man :)

Robert_K 02-26-2005 09:51 PM

Thanks.

Robert_K 02-26-2005 09:52 PM

BTW: Here is my ride:http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199265

zachgeyer 02-27-2005 12:04 AM

take vid next time

Mustang5.0HO 02-27-2005 01:27 AM

Sorry...nice kill by the way...The kid in the stang was just ignorant... Theres peeps like that all around. I own a Stang and love it with all my heart. And yeah thats a cowl hood which gives 0 hp. hehe. Ohh and when I said sorry it wasnt a GT I meant Cobra...sorry for confusing peeps.

Al Gore FTW 02-27-2005 04:20 AM

thats awesome :tup:

Robert_K 02-27-2005 07:09 AM

5.0: its all good.

Metallica454 02-27-2005 09:37 AM

What do you mean by supercharger hood? If you are talking about a cowl hood, it's for looks only. Cowl induction only really works on carburated cars.

Robert_K 02-27-2005 09:41 AM

Yes it was a cowl hood. We have come to that conclution.