Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   how long does it take to repair my vehicle? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/196364-how-long-does-take-repair-my-vehicle.html)

jttegx 02-08-2005 12:46 AM

how long does it take to repair my vehicle?

had an accident recently and went thru insurance. car went to the shop on friday (feb 4th) and they havent sent the check or gave the auto shop an "OK" sign to comfirm them to start doing repairs. the shop owner says their going to send the check/payment to them tomorrow (feb 8th) but i dont know if their doing that by mail or drop off?
also wanted to know how long will repairs take once they start? (estimate guesses). pretty much replacing with new driver mirror assembly, new driver fender and reparing dents on door skin?

i want my car back :argue:

gearbox 02-08-2005 12:50 AM

Mine's been in for 2 weeks now. It's gonna take a while, but expect 2 weeks to a month depending on the shop.

jameStype 02-08-2005 12:53 AM

wow...that's a while to be without the car. bleh.

gearbox 02-08-2005 01:13 AM

At least I have a pos grand am to keep me company. It sucks compared to the vic tho.

jttegx 02-08-2005 01:59 AM

what kind of repairs is ur car getting gearbox?

OFIVELX 02-08-2005 04:24 AM

they told me three months for the repairs for my car it took like a week for the ok from the insurance.

gearbox 02-08-2005 09:35 AM

Wow the other insurance sent someone in 2 days and my car was in the shop that day. It's getting entire rear end fixed or replaced including frame, bumper, trunk, two side panels, etc. Then I gonna go and do alignment again and make sure everything's okay. I'm shaving the emblems and keyhole while at it for an extra $200.

manthatguysfast 02-08-2005 10:53 AM

mine took a little over a month....actually i think 1 month, 1 day. i had to get a new bumper, hood, fenders, lights etc. just expect to wait and don't rush 'em...you want them to do a good job.

JDMwhoreCivic 02-08-2005 11:03 AM

there's a lot of shops in my area that give a 72 hour turnaround time or they pay for everything.

manthatguysfast 02-08-2005 12:52 PM

doubledeuce2k2 02-08-2005 01:03 PM

mine took 27 days. but about 10 of those days were waiting for a custom fender to arrive, and 2 were me getting an alignment and balljoints fixed, so maybe 2 weeks (needed fender, hood, bumper, and headlight painted or replaced, plus they cleared the new headlight for me :) to match the other one )

dirtySAMURAI 02-08-2005 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
Wow the other insurance sent someone in 2 days and my car was in the shop that day. It's getting entire rear end fixed or replaced including frame, bumper, trunk, two side panels, etc. Then I gonna go and do alignment again and make sure everything's okay. I'm shaving the emblems and keyhole while at it for an extra $200.

i think you should put in a camera in the keyhole. that'd be pretty badass...

my car took 4 days to finish. that was to fix the front pass fender, rear pass door skin, rear pass quarter panel, rear driver quarter panel, and rear bumper(new from honda).

dirtySAMURAI 02-08-2005 01:13 PM

the smell of paint lingers in my car....