Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Opinion Needed (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/196246-opinion-needed.html)

aznboysrfr 02-07-2005 01:42 PM

Opinion Needed

Ok, well I was gonna get some SSR Comp's ... but since they're out of business, I don't think that's gonna be too likely ... so they're some new rims that look similar to Rota Subzero's...

so I thought about it and for the rims I want, they only have it in Gold and White ... seeing as how my car is Titanium Metallic (check my ride) ... I don't know which one to go for since neither of them seem like good colors for my color car ...

so basically ... Gold or White rims for my car? :help:

MishBallzEM2 02-07-2005 01:48 PM

gold

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 10:50 AM

one opinion? ... and 40 people have read this thread?

TeRRoRiFiC35 02-08-2005 11:55 AM

i think u should be jumpin on da chick in ur sig instead of worryin bout this....

go gold

doubledeuce2k2 02-08-2005 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
... I don't know which one to go for since neither of them seem like good colors for my color car ...

i agree with THAT. gold if you MUST have those wheels, otherwise find a different wheel.

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
i agree with THAT. gold if you MUST have those wheels, otherwise find a different wheel.

yup ... since there aren't any ssr's, I MUST have it :_ontome:

NytRyder2k2 02-08-2005 12:43 PM

I thought u had ssr comps already. I would say go with another wheel get something dark like gunmetal or black. I think it would look better with your color car but if i had to choose between white and gold i would pick gold :tup:

ThsUserNmIsDumb 02-08-2005 12:48 PM

^^ Yeah, gunmetal or black would work with those black housing projectors you want...

I wouldn't get white or gold; it's just forcing it.

doubledeuce2k2 02-08-2005 12:50 PM

maybe a powdercoat?

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 12:51 PM

yeah, I had ssr comps ... but now I'm in the market for some 5 lug wheels ... ;P

the only colors they have are white and gold ... :( ... I would get silver or maybe gunmetal if it were up to me ... but there aren't any other colors ... :(

Farage 02-08-2005 12:53 PM

neither gold or white will look good in my opinion. gunmetal or black goes with your color.

TeLLy 02-08-2005 12:55 PM

Just my opinion but buying something just to say you have it will result in something like this:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...gp3D9A-med.jpg

I dunno about the rest of the other members here but I don't ooh-ahh over "Look those rims are soooo rare". I gush over cars with a definite theme and matching colours from headlight to taillight. That said, I can't see either gold or white working with it.

If you REALLY must have the SSR's buy them and have them refinished to something that would match your car better - perhaps silver, body colour, or at least black with a polished lip.

doubledeuce2k2 02-08-2005 12:59 PM

^^^ that's a 7th gen too, huh?

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 01:02 PM

I'm not getting them because they're rare ... I'm getting them because they're light :_please:

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 01:04 PM

here is a pic of the "gold" version... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fangtl...s/IMG_0344.JPG

doubledeuce2k2 02-08-2005 01:12 PM

those do look like subzeros. and i know you can get them in different colors. dunno about weight though...

TeLLy 02-08-2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
I'm not getting them because they're rare ... I'm getting them because they're light :_please:

I stand corrected then.....does it reallllly have to be SSR? I mean, there are tons of light rims in the split-5 style that will satisfy your weight needs. Nothing wrong with Subzeros even though people call them "cheap knockoffs" and so forth...still light....I dunno I'm rambling. The Subzero/CP035 style is still my all-time fave...if they made Subzeros in 19 I'd be sportin those right now.

I say buy your SSR's and spend a few extra bucks to have them powdercoated.

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 01:49 PM

yes, they need to be ssr's ... true that there are a lot of cheap knockoffs, but none (of the knockoffs) are as light ...

SSR has gone bankrupt, so getting a supply of them will be difficult ... that is why I am a bit apprehensive on purchasing them.

I also checked with another site ... it said 17x8 rota subzeros were 17 pounds while racing hart's version was 13.6 pounds (or 6.19kg, as noted on their japanese website) ... to me, that is a big difference...

btw, racing hart makes an 18" version ... ;P ... it's chrome-ish though ... not quite 19" ... :shrug:

TeLLy 02-08-2005 01:51 PM

What happens if you get the SSR's then bend/curb one? Just throwing scenarios at you.

I dunno man, light and fast is one thing, but if it looks like ass, you may eventually get tired of coming out your house to a car with a mismatched colour scheme, even if your primary concern IS speed and weight. That's just me though, if you really like them that much then go get them. I know I would if I had a black car and some bucks to throw around.

aznboysrfr 02-08-2005 02:06 PM

if I curb one ... no big deal ... if I bend it, I get another one ... that's why I don't want to get SSR's if they've gone bankrupt. anyone can bend and curb their rims ... I don't see why it makes SSR's rims any different ...

well ... I'm not going for any particular color schemes ... I had silver 4 lug ssr's on my car before and I LOVED how they looked ... they didn't look like a true aftermarket look on my car (example - bronze slips on a black car) ... and that's the type of "scheme" I'm going for ... sorta an aggressive oem look.

the pros of having a 13.6 pound wheel vs. a different color, same wheel that's 17-18 pounds much outweighs the cons. I was gonna have some silver dc5-r rims on with my 5 lug ... but they just weight way too much ... (17x7 ... 19.5 pounds, or 8.8 kg)