Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   that damn rattle. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/194315-damn-rattle.html)

teamPR0 01-27-2005 08:59 PM

that damn rattle.

i had the problem of rattle coming from my rear deck. so i used the DIY and took it off, and dynamat as much is i could of it. Well, contrary to what most people say. dynamat did the job. but i still have rattle coming from the trunk. anybody know how i can fix it??

blouisgod 01-27-2005 09:02 PM

Depends where its coming from. I insulated my whole trunk and underneth the rear licence plate and sometimes my car still rattles. Most of it seems to from the interior door panels and the rear seat paneling. ive given up on fixing it and just crank my stereo.

skipbarber 01-27-2005 09:05 PM

do you have aftermarket speakers back there? one of my speakers was hitting one of the trunk spring bars when the lid was fully closed. NASTY rattle.

teamPR0 01-27-2005 09:05 PM

yea. my car sounds perfect from the inside. but from the outside. shit. its horrible

phydo 01-27-2005 09:37 PM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...threadid=18504

^--Did you check this out?

Changu-San 01-27-2005 09:49 PM

did you check to see if the spare tire is screwed on right? after I had my car fix those dumbass at toyota screwed my spare upside down and it was rattling like a motha focker.

Method4 01-27-2005 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by teamPR0
yea. my car sounds perfect from the inside. but from the outside. shit. its horrible

thats why im holding out on getting a system, cause i know as soon as i get it the car will vibrate and it will sound like crap on the outside of the car, and that will drive me crazy, lol when i first got my civic, my headboard would vibrate on some bass frequencys with my stock system. it drovee me insane. i would reach back and just start pushin up on the head board back twords the rear window, so i went to a stereo store one day, and i asked him what i could do, he said dyna matt. so i was like how much is it, and it was more than i was willing to pay, so i went and got in my car. and i was like humm., i got your dyna matt . i went home and got me some paper towels and black tape and made these roles. and i stuffed it up in my head board, and there no more vibrationzzz. and no you cant see the tape and paper towels its stuff up in there =)) gettrr rigged ooo yea :rockon:

i dunno how to solve your trunk vibration though, thats gota be driving you insane :hithead:

manahoonie 01-27-2005 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by phydo

MY TRUNK WAS RATTLIN' LIKE HELL FROM MY TWO 12s. THEN I DID THIS DIY, AND NO MORE RATTLE! IF YOUR TRUNK RATTLES, TRY THIS FIRST OF ALL!!! IF IT STILL RATTLES, THEN DAMN! THAT'S SOME HEAVY BASS. :rockon:

2K1Civic17"Gabe 01-28-2005 03:26 PM

spare tire, I also put silicone in some of the holes all over the roof, i dunno why. The trunk lock rattles like hell. I shoved polyfill all around the lock area, you can tap it and hear that it will rattle. Bump your system, close your trunk, and press on the key hole on the trunk, I bet it will stop like 90% of the rattling. Here is a pic I just uploaded. You can see the part in the middle, under the rear bumper where a towel is sticking out. THat little hook rattles against your bumper, and you need to put something inbetween those. I used a towel, and it hasnt fallen off in like a year. It isnt very noticeable unless you are low to the ground looking at my car. Those 2 spots will help outsooo much.

Here is the pic:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...y-hehe-med.jpg
And inside the car on the rear lid, where it starts coming down toward the front of the car, you will notice the platic rattles against metal. Just press on it and you will see. Like the lines where the seatbelt go through to hook em up. Press on each side, you will find some big rattles

Method4 01-28-2005 03:33 PM

thats a good idea

2K1Civic17"Gabe 01-28-2005 03:40 PM

everybody who has rattles, go check those out. The DIYs didnt do a dam* thing for me. They were the simple to find rattles. These ones are never ever covered from what Ive seen. Thought I should share by now my secret rattles, hehe. The trunk lock, and under the car are by far the worst rattles that you hear outside the car. I havea question though

My hood latch rattles with very low bass. Any thoughts on what to maybe wrap around the latch, or has anybody solved that rattle yet?

jakejham 01-28-2005 04:27 PM

wouldn't it be awesome in a pErfect world of lots of bass without rattle. imagine the sound.

joshb_ 01-28-2005 04:28 PM

I used have a rattle in my 97 hatch.....it was comming from the trunk so i took off the pannel and wedged a tee shirt in there and it took care of it.

the one thing i love about a new civic is no rattle, i try not to take off too much shit cause it seems every time it goes back together you lose a screw or 2 then stuff starts ratteling....you can also try taking the pannel off and tightening everything down again

jackal903 01-28-2005 04:30 PM

if the aftermarket speakers hit the trunk springs. you guys and do the Trunk Shock DIY. and took out the trunk springs.