Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   impressions of honda dealers! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/193224-impressions-honda-dealers.html)

y.0. KiLLa 01-21-2005 09:45 PM

impressions of honda dealers!

when u bring in ur modded civic to get fixed or maintained at the honda dealer what do they typically say? Do they say nething at all? What about the staff? Do they stare at ur car?

alot of the civics on the site look awesome and i just wanna know what do the dealers think!

Vinnie 01-21-2005 11:02 PM

i remember when i was gettin warranty work done, that the workers gave my car some werid looks. But the manager called me on my cell all pissed off cuz i forgot to give him the key to my lug nuts. I guess in my case they didnt care all that much. :shrug:

orion_squall 01-21-2005 11:11 PM

mmm, they were totally amazed, like I am not driving a Civic or something...

And one mech even ask me if he can seat inside for a while...

Da1lyDr1ver 01-21-2005 11:44 PM

when i go to the dealer, they try to milk me for all the money i've got. they say they have to charge me half hours worth of labor to jack my car up before they can put it on the lift because my car is too low, etc. its complete BS. tho, my dealer is known to be one of the worst honda dealerships...

itskalvin 01-21-2005 11:55 PM

the last time i went to get my oil change at the dealer the service guy was checking my mileage and what not and the guy said "i love the look your going for with the black with chrome looking circles around your rims, it matches well with the mag silver color, this is one of the best modified civics i've seen yet." and when i was picking up the car the driver boy just got out and said "this is a nice clean civic man, i cant wait to see what you do next to it." and i was like "me too" :hgrin:

l3lackstatic 01-22-2005 03:01 AM

when i go to the dealer they tell me how much they think my cars cool and ask me how much i spent on it, then they try to get me to buy a new one and tell me i coulda used that money towards an si, then i get sad :(

gizcivic 01-22-2005 05:01 AM

they just keep telling me everything i do void the waranty:)
but they still fix it

C2i0v0i1C 01-22-2005 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by gizcivic
they just keep telling me everything i do void the waranty:)
but they still fix it

thats bc if they dont and u bring a lawsuit for not they know they are ****ed

C2i0v0i1C 01-22-2005 05:08 AM

now as far as my car goes, they have no idea what to say, everyone and i mean everyone stares at me like im strange. and then they just gawk, like OMG look at that. i cant go to dealer for engine work. i do go there and they give me the code readings and troubleshooting info off the computer of theirs so i can fix shit. i havent been there in a while i might go back just to have an oil change so they can drive it the 100 ft into the bay, bc thats as far as them dumb fcks is going to go with it

Black03civic 01-22-2005 05:17 AM

"dude that's a clean ride." Which always makes me warm inside.

TeLLy 01-22-2005 09:46 AM

My Acura dealership has a speedshop in the service area so a lot of the time the guys who are working there surround the car but no one gives me hassle about warranty since they are well aware (and know that I am as well) of the laws regarding what can and cannot void warranties.
Once I was waiting for a scheduled brake check and after they pulled my car in back, I sat down for a coffee and worked on a track on my laptop. I noticed my coffee was moving a little in the cup...someone in back had been pumping my system, lol. I complained to the service manager, who put a stop to it and got me a free oil change for my next visit.

02civic_rida 01-22-2005 10:30 AM

they were amazed with the amount of time i put into my 7thgen keeping it clean! They love the fogs, because no one in the area has em on their ride (not many in this town anyway) and they absolutly luv the hids as well, and they say they are impressed with the rims, because they arent like every other rim that everyone else gots out here, wich is good, because thats exactly why I got them. I cant wait till i get my other "toys" ... it deff feels good to have people turn their head and ask you about your car, especially at "our" dealership. My friend (elitecivicex01 ) has a red 01 coupe and they totally loved his car at my dealership, droped on si rims and a new addition (wont say, because im not sure he has posted pics of it yet either) but they were all over his ride as well.... they said its good to see nice clean cars that dont have all the lights and wings and ricey stuff (lmfao, they actually said ricey)

dirtySAMURAI 01-22-2005 11:27 AM

my dealer mechs always complain about how low my car is :( and then they tell me the car is perfectly normal, what with all the strange noises coming from the body panels

jakejham 01-22-2005 11:28 AM

i haven't done much to my car but they always stare at it. maybe because there aren't many modded cars in my area that look "clean". Most are way too ricey and flamboyant.

civic_kyd 01-22-2005 11:51 AM

when i brought my car for oilchange... right before the event... (entered the show) everyone couldnt stop lookin at my car and non stop questions lol and i think i helped honda dealer ship cuz after that i think 4 teenages bought civic lol i work next to the dealer ship..

torneo78 01-22-2005 09:22 PM

The mechanics all love my ride but the guys at the service desk are total asses. They always complain about the "aftermarket parts" and try to deny me service. Now they hired a young kid at the service desk thats into imports and he makes everything happen for my ride...so props to him. :tup:

gearbox 01-22-2005 09:30 PM

My dealer doesn't see very many modded cars so when mine comes everyone's looking. I think they like it cause it's all stock oem parts. They got excited over the hids and blue dash lights.

skipbarber 01-22-2005 09:55 PM

i dont go to the dealer. i do shit myself, or take it to shops that i trust. Im satisfied with the compliments i get on a nearly daily basis :2pimp:

QBoi 01-22-2005 10:13 PM

You gotta show up to the dealer a few times dude, to show them how much potential the civic has.

tinman 01-22-2005 10:23 PM

I get compliments on how clean my car is, especially after 3 years now. But I have kept my mods very subtle.

hustlelikem0fo 01-22-2005 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
i dont go to the dealer. i do shit myself, or take it to shops that i trust. Im satisfied with the compliments i get on a nearly daily basis :2pimp:

same here. i had to go to the dealership to get some parts though like clips i lost ect.

they look at me like the ricer i am though, i hate going to the dealers.

gearbox 01-22-2005 10:30 PM

The ricer you are? I don't see any rice on that car. Very clean.

hustlelikem0fo 01-22-2005 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
The ricer you are? I don't see any rice on that car. Very clean.

haha everything that isnt JDM on this site is rice so i just go with the flow

XxJDMCivicxX 01-23-2005 02:59 AM

I remember Hawk wanted to bring his car to honda after his swap I wonder if he did lol. They use to stare at it and kept wondering what a carbon fiber hood was?

againifall 01-23-2005 10:46 AM

they love the dash and are amazed that i dumped like $80 just to swap the chrome trim (hood/trunk) with color matched pieces.. they also like the headlights.. and they always say "thank you for washing it before you bring it in".. guess they dont like snow and sand dripping on them