Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   4 door lambos? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/192901-4-door-lambos.html)

Mr.honda 01-19-2005 11:22 PM

4 door lambos?

I have an 02 lx 4 door do you guys think it would be stupid or look stupid to put lambo doors on the front only? Or can you put then on the rear to? I would think the front door would have to open for the rear to swing up and forward! anyway what are your guys opinions?

dru106 01-19-2005 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.honda
I have an 02 lx 4 door do you guys think it would be stupid or look stupid to put lambo doors on the front only? Or can you put then on the rear to? I would think the front door would have to open for the rear to swing up and forward! anyway what are your guys opinions?

........ :_doh:

ImPulse 01-19-2005 11:26 PM

stupid

if u seriously want lambo doors

get the front lambo, and the rear suicidal

jeffsta17 01-19-2005 11:28 PM

For sure lambo the front and suicide the rears. Once I get enough money thats what im doing!!! Or maybe even lamboing the front and suicide lambo the rear. So it lambos up and out towards the trunk! I think that would be pretty tight too.

jfan 01-19-2005 11:53 PM

Just don't do anything to any of your doors.

CivicsRdBest 01-20-2005 12:11 AM

I'm thinking its going to be physically harder because it would have to bolt on to the B pillar, and it wasn't designed to hold the entire weight of a verical door. Suicide would probably be better because that would mean attaching it to the back... Or you could reinforce the B pillar somehow.

I'd like it if it was done cleanly, but it is expensive.

MishBallzEM2 01-20-2005 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by jfan
Just don't do anything to any of your doors.

exactly! :tup:

realitycheck 01-20-2005 07:27 AM

I just want to suicide my coupe doors. Has anyone done this on the 7thgen yet.

el_ben2 01-20-2005 07:53 AM

how much cost and installation of suicide doors? thats cus i see one kit in 300 dlls.... but i think that the installation its the expensive part

realitycheck 01-20-2005 08:25 AM

I didnt think they made a suicide kit?????????

Pharoh 01-20-2005 08:36 AM

his rear doors aren't suicide but you get the idea....it's a Neon.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...CN0409-med.JPG

prototype 01-20-2005 10:10 AM

not really a 4dr lambo the rear 2 are gullwing....http://estore.teamprototype.com/i.ph...s_01/0DSC05059

Pharoh 01-20-2005 10:12 AM

I can see those rear doors being a hazard when the hinges start to weaken...lol

realitycheck 01-20-2005 10:58 AM

Yeah definately I still want to see a 7thgen coupe w/ suicides I think that would be awesome. I wish I had the money to do it. maybe one day.

mykungfuisthebest 01-20-2005 11:09 AM

this thread is disgusting lol

evopanop 01-20-2005 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by prototype
not really a 4dr lambo the rear 2 are gullwing....http://estore.teamprototype.com/i.ph...s_01/0DSC05059

Those aren't technically gullwings, sorry. Gullwing doors are hinged at the topmost part of the door, and literally open upwards. Lamborghini style doors are hinged at the frontmost edge of the door and open up forward. Those rear doors on that SUV are what's known as butterfly doors. They are hinged very similarly to Lambo/Scissor doors, except they don't just open up forwards, they open up outwards as well. Angled. Then there's the dihedral syncrohelix actuation doors that the Koenigsegg's have. They open similarly to a Lambo's doors, but instead of literally opening upwards because of the placement of the hinge, they act as if the door is on a ball-joint and merely pivot upon the center section of the door. Therefore the door does not open up AND forward, so the door does not sit any higher than the car. The door and the car stay even with eachother.

But, of course, all of these terms are thrown around so much in the automotive industry that it's fairly pointless anyway. Especially with the amount of ricers around, that use the wrong terms merely because they've been misinformed/don't care/are ignorant. :hithead:

ragingSPAM 01-20-2005 11:45 AM

that front bumper is the ugliest thing i've ever seen

hotrodcivic2004 01-20-2005 11:50 AM

how bout front lambo and rear .SUIDCIDE LAMBO.....woah....

mexinaction 01-20-2005 12:02 PM

i will admit i had the same idea of lambo doors for my 04 4dr vic but then i htought about it and.....

realized how hard and dumb it would look

Keet 01-20-2005 12:54 PM

Just ask yourself if you would commit this kind of modification to your sedan, if the answer is yes then go for it. Be the first. People might like it, but if they don't then screw them. I bet you'd get more cookies than eggs thrown your way for it.
Personally, I'd love to see this lambo door Civic sedan. Just make sure the work is quality and it'll be worth it.

Nodnero 01-20-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by evopanop
Those aren't technically gullwings, sorry. Gullwing doors are hinged at the topmost part of the door, and literally open upwards. Lamborghini style doors are hinged at the frontmost edge of the door and open up forward. Those rear doors on that SUV are what's known as butterfly doors. They are hinged very similarly to Lambo/Scissor doors, except they don't just open up forwards, they open up outwards as well. Angled. Then there's the dihedral syncrohelix actuation doors that the Koenigsegg's have. They open similarly to a Lambo's doors, but instead of literally opening upwards because of the placement of the hinge, they act as if the door is on a ball-joint and merely pivot upon the center section of the door. Therefore the door does not open up AND forward, so the door does not sit any higher than the car. The door and the car stay even with eachother.

But, of course, all of these terms are thrown around so much in the automotive industry that it's fairly pointless anyway. Especially with the amount of ricers around, that use the wrong terms merely because they've been misinformed/don't care/are ignorant. :hithead:

w0w! Thanks for posting that, I was going to say something along those lines, but all the info you put in that was great. Real gullwing doors on our cars are phsycotically hard. I spent about 3 months trying to come up with a design, but that project has basically been scrapped because of cost/benefit.

PICHY 01-20-2005 03:36 PM

lambo door are not for 4drs ... they will always look better on the 2drs....

Blkcivic 01-20-2005 04:14 PM

Leave the doors the way its suppose to open, hahah.....

ZodCivik 01-20-2005 04:22 PM

Just shave the handles off and get the poppers.

dirtySAMURAI 01-20-2005 05:23 PM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...ors_2small.jpg

Mr.honda 01-21-2005 05:26 PM

thanks for the imput guys!!!! kinda undecided now tho.

dirtySAMURAI 01-21-2005 08:43 PM

the pic i posted is poorjaysun (sp?)'s car. he has k20a2 swap with cybernation turbo kit.

jttegx 01-23-2005 02:39 AM

suicide on rears only. pop all 4 doors and it;d be neat and something new.

lambo doors on sedan arent that great looking imo. the door overall is pretty small and itd look arkward. compared to the actual lambo itself, the lambo doors are real long and sleek while the sedan looks just like a stubby arm when the doors are up

thrash_273 01-23-2005 02:42 AM

looks ugly 100% but originality 100%. w/c is w/c?