Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Just had a friggin hit&run with my 7th gen sedan.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/189396-just-had-friggin-hit-run-my-7th-gen-sedan.html)

civic_sedan 12-27-2004 08:39 PM

Just had a friggin hit&run with my 7th gen sedan..

1 Attachment(s)
Whats up guys,

basically what happened tonite was my parents took the civic out because they had to go visit some family friends. So they parked on the street(legally), and go inside for about half an hour....come out to see the rear ended dented....apparently it's dented up pretty good.

No note, no nothing. Parents don't want to call insurance because more than likely WE will be the ones getting raped. So i wanted to know if you guys had any local places in mind that do decent body work at an awesome price....

as for the damage....it most definately was hit by a SUV since the panelling is pushed in, but the tire is UNTOUCHED...

if so drop a name/number/location in this thread please.

btw.it's a 2002 Honda Civic Sedan Silver in colour

thanks in advance!

robbclark1 12-27-2004 08:43 PM

A location would be nice.

PrimerSuspect 12-27-2004 08:44 PM

that all depends on where local is

civic_sedan 12-27-2004 08:45 PM

sorry, should have stated Toronto, Ontario

dirtySAMURAI 12-27-2004 08:56 PM

what's with the picture?

civic_sedan 12-27-2004 09:17 PM

wanted to show where the damage occured, in case you guys knew if i would need to replace both fender and bumper?..just one?...etc etc

approx. cost of replacing front bumper and fender etc etc.

wrussi 12-27-2004 09:38 PM

that on a quality shop will be about 800 to get it repaired
try getting estimated from lots of places before u decide
also try a honda body shop sometimes they have the same prices as others

gearbox 12-27-2004 09:50 PM

Ya paint is gonna be the most. You can always find spare parts for cheap, but getting it to match will be the money part. I've had hit and runs, but never that bad where it would have to be fixed.

909 12-27-2004 11:54 PM

Go JDM!

A Japanese autobody shop that does amazing work for a good price (cash discount if you mention my name.. PM me for more info). The owner is one of the nicest guys you'll ever deal with. Highly recommended.

Clicky HERE

dirtySAMURAI 12-28-2004 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by civic_sedan
come out to see the rear ended dented....apparently it's dented up pretty good.

as for the damage....it most definately was hit by a SUV since the panelling is pushed in, but the tire is UNTOUCHED...

Originally Posted by civic_sedan
wanted to show where the damage occured, in case you guys knew if i would need to replace both fender and bumper?..just one?...etc etc

approx. cost of replacing front bumper and fender etc etc.

:susp:

civic_sedan 12-28-2004 09:51 PM

sorry i meant to say the car was rear ended into. not rear end damage... *smacks head*

and thanks guys i took it to an old friend's bodyshop, and he's taking a look at it tomorrow morning so i will follow up on that JDM link afterwards if i still need it

thanks

joe6680 12-28-2004 10:40 PM

I say get some Z3 fenders.

Echelon04 12-28-2004 11:07 PM

You let your parents drive your car? I wouldn't.