Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   1 Lug Conversion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/183177-1-lug-conversion.html)

XenonCiv01 11-13-2004 12:21 PM

1 Lug Conversion

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing a 1 lug converion on the Civic so I can get rims like the Enzo has

I think its gonna be really unique because no one has ever done that.

How much you thinks its gonna cost and what do you think of the idea in general?

abmerop18 11-13-2004 12:30 PM

bwahhaha stupid ricers :rofl:

jfan 11-13-2004 12:34 PM

You mean like race cars? Those are designed for quick and easy tire changes, so might that lead to your rims getting stolen more easily? Besides, who makes those kinds of rims for the public?

skipbarber 11-13-2004 12:38 PM

thats actually pretty funny. a civic with splined hubs....i think this is the first time ive heard this one.

sigh, anyways...heres the answer that seems to fit almost every question like this: "it's more money than its worth." it's feesable, but requires custom work on all 4 wheels (obviously) everything from the drive shafts to brake rotors have to be either changed or modified....you might as well do a rear disc conversion while youre at it, otherwise, goodluck getting drum brakes to work.

Mr.Modify 11-13-2004 12:46 PM

bahahahahahahahahaha OMG :rofl:

rijowysock 11-13-2004 12:47 PM

ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER READ

are you retarded? not being mean im serious..

did you know that the enzo really has 8 lugs that protrude and that the unilug in the middle holds the wheel against the 8 lugs? yeah...

anywho... not only would ur wheels offset be gay and would stick out the side of the car but... the only wheels made unilug are like 10" wide..... and about 3000$ each... but then u might be able to get some BBS 18x18's for... around 900$ each... but their ****ing 18" wide..

now the only thing u can do... is find someone w/ the old TSW wheels... they had a converter that allowed them to be unilug..but they were limited edition so IF you find a set expect to pay 5k or so.

riley

HondaLuver 11-13-2004 01:43 PM

lol.

acjones20 11-13-2004 01:49 PM

the wheels will be worth more than your car. have fun.

SiG 11-13-2004 02:09 PM

I advise against this, but its your choice.

Caucasian.Asian 11-13-2004 02:11 PM

what a waste of money...

Hawk 11-13-2004 02:49 PM

1 lug is mad IDM yo....

abmerop18 11-13-2004 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk
1 lug is mad IDM yo....

IDM?? lol

ImPulse 11-13-2004 03:40 PM

I think you should all stop bashing...

He will be doing something different, so, why not?

I say go for it if you really want to :)

Peasey 11-13-2004 03:41 PM

were you watching the Enzo documentry on Spike TV and then you opened your 'Vin Diesel' Wheaties, call yourself a 'tuner' and thought about the single lug conversion?

Come on brotha, you've GOT to be kidding me.

:screwy:

rijowysock 11-13-2004 03:48 PM

impulse:

its not doable.... unless he got 12" wide enzo wheels or 18" wide BBS's

hes on crack its official

Hawk 11-13-2004 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by abmerop18
IDM?? lol

Italian domestic market.

(i was really hoping i wouldn't have to explain that.... :_please: ) :rofl:

Ledbelly 11-13-2004 04:12 PM

Just buy a real enzo

acurastype01 11-13-2004 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by abmerop18
bwahhaha stupid ricers :rofl:

your such a jerk i hate you you gl00b :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

snowboreddave 11-13-2004 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dude, its possible.. with these!

PacSmalls 11-13-2004 05:59 PM

lol wow

CivicsRdBest 11-13-2004 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jfan
You mean like race cars? Those are designed for quick and easy tire changes, so might that lead to your rims getting stolen more easily?

Exactly what I was thinking...

Farage 11-13-2004 06:15 PM

i think its a good idea

steak84ss 11-13-2004 06:15 PM

Don't listen to these DickBags....LOL. You might want to start your research in the lowrider area. They make wire wheels with the one lug setups. They call it a "True Knock-Off". I'm assuming it gets its name from the way they put the lug on. They actually take a soft mallet and knock the lug loose. It just threads on and off. My only question would be where and what kind of wheels would you get.

I love how you get called a Ricer when they use this setup on the Ferrari. Does that mean you guys think the Ferrari owners are Ricers? Some people just have a hard time thinking outside the box. But then again, they won't be the ones that revolutionize or even contibute to the industry. That may be harsh and will tick off some people, but anyone can read a magazine and buy parts that everyone has. Not everyone can think of something not done before or adapt something from another field. Glad I never shared my ideas here.

Hawk 11-13-2004 06:34 PM

Steak84SS: The way he seems to be talking about it sounds like its from a ricers prespective. He wants it just for looks. I know people with full out race cars that have the standard lug setup...why? cause its a pain in the ass to convert a multi-lug car to single, its not worth what it would cost for what you get out of it.

The only reason a car should have a 1 lug setup is if A.) its a race car that needs to get its wheels off and on in 10-20 seconds B.) its a Ferrari, Ferrari has racing hertiage that dates back decades so its ok for them to use racing technology on their street cars, besides when you're paying that much for a car, you want something alittle different.

Doing a 1 lug setup on a street car, a econo-box that will never be raced, literally is the biggest waste of money ever.....period.

sorry i needed to get that out. :shrug:

steak84ss 11-13-2004 06:46 PM

^^^^Hey. That's cool man. But that's kind of hipacritical for this site seeing as many of the members have Lambo Door Conversions, Light Weight Racing Wheels, I/H/E, Etc. It's a civic and we all know that. Just because the car is slow, doesn't mean that it's not a great platform for learning/experimenting or trying new things. That's all I'm saying. Work with what ya got.

I'll throw out one of my ideas I'm currently working on if it helps this guy from getting flamed. Throw some this way if you must. I'm have a set of Giovanna Kyotos on my project Integra. I bought the wheels when I was not really into the tuning aspect of imports. They weigh in at a nice 27 pounds each without the rubber. That's damn heavy!! I'm currently working on some structure analysis to machine holes in the blades of each wheel to aleviate some weight and see if the wheel will withstand the changes. It would be a very slight weight reduction but on the other hand, have you ever seen any custom machined Giovannas? I haven't. I also want to take the wheel apart and powder coat the centers and keep the lips chrome. They didn't offer that wheel in black (I think). They don't even make that wheel anymore.

CivicsRdBest 11-13-2004 06:56 PM

Lets say that these do get done, like I said before, won't that make it VERY easy to steal?

rijowysock 11-13-2004 07:19 PM

steak84SS

dude.. just go buy some forged wheels and then u can machine them

THE REASON WHY U DONT SEE MACHINES GIOVANNA'S is cause their CAST aluminum menaing the metal is poured into a mold.. if u mess with the aluminum it decreeases structural integrity GREATLY

riley

if u wanna **** around get forged wheels and then u can remove aluminum but chances are if ur gonna buy forged wheels theyd already be reduced enuff.

my 19" forged wheels are 22lbs each..

riley

BTWone lug=gay.. u can put em on old car i..e. spokes becauser old cars have low offsets.. allowing a 1" spacer/spline to be applied and the wheel still sits flush to the fender. on our cars if u put a 1" spacer/spline the whee would stick out unless you had like a +90 offset which isnt made or possible. btw the hammer they use is a lead hammer because on the "gold knock off" the lead cannot and will not damage the gold.

XenonCiv01 11-13-2004 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by rijowysock
ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER READ

are you retarded? not being mean im serious..

did you know that the enzo really has 8 lugs that protrude and that the unilug in the middle holds the wheel against the 8 lugs? yeah...

anywho... not only would ur wheels offset be gay and would stick out the side of the car but... the only wheels made unilug are like 10" wide..... and about 3000$ each... but then u might be able to get some BBS 18x18's for... around 900$ each... but their ****ing 18" wide..

now the only thing u can do... is find someone w/ the old TSW wheels... they had a converter that allowed them to be unilug..but they were limited edition so IF you find a set expect to pay 5k or so.

riley

this is coming from someone who has a 4 door civic with 19 inch wheels that cost like 1/4 of the whole value of the car with a huge body kit hahahahahaha
talk about rice..... i'm trying to be creative with this and when i do this you'll be the first one on my nuts.

keep laughing..... i'll smoke you in my mom's caravan with 137k miles with those big ugly wheels you got on your slow ass civic

rijowysock 11-13-2004 07:50 PM

lolololololol so since u cant afford my wheels u must bash them.. lol... this coming from the child who wants enzo wheels.. 1 lug baby... wont work.. go ahead and try u get it to work, u mkae it happen and i'll give you 1k cash.. after its done.

huge body kit? actually its quite slim, just that my cars practically sitting on the ground making it look taller.

but when it comes down to it.. and ur in ur mom's caravan filled w/ a bunch of dudes and all the ladies congregated into my 4 door... then hey, i'll let you beat me as i drive them to my house, very slowly.

p.s. b4 u **** w/ people.. know who they are, mr 79 post..... im the 7thgen wheel guru... i know more about wheels than u will ever know. and could ever imagine.. so like i said

IF YOU GET UNILUG TO WORK ON YOUR CAR.. W/ REGULAR RIMS AND NOT SOME DAYTON SPOKES.. THEN I WILL GIVE YOU 1000$ CASH.. LET THIS BE THE WRITTEN CONTRACT.

RILEY

P.S. FUC.K YOU.

rijowysock 11-13-2004 07:52 PM

oh yeah.. my wheels weigh less than oem's ...(tire+wheel compared to tire+wheel... so

the other only thing slowing me down is a lil bit of rotational mass.. which isnt much since the hoops are forged and very thin.. my civic against a oem 2001 civic sedan LX is a close race... 0-60 im about 1/4 car lenght behind.. so know ur facts SMART GUY before you talk shit.. anyone can talk shit, takes a bigger/more inteligent man to know his shit.

riley